[Release] Urban Assault Level editor

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

Re: [Release] Urban Assault Level editor

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:42 pm

That is beautiful! I may have to test the newly updated version of the editor soon. :D I'm really quite impressed with the progress made for the editor so far. Keep up the good work, Ydro!
;------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “
Special thanks to CERNBox!

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:08 am

(These track names seem to be taken directly from the unofficial level compiler, but since I don't believe they are the official track names either, I think those track names could be simply removed.)
I think some tracks did have official names. I remember putting the disk in a Windows XP machine a long time ago and Windows Media player had some of the tracks named and the composers listed.

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:48 am

GoldStar611 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:08 am
(These track names seem to be taken directly from the unofficial level compiler, but since I don't believe they are the official track names either, I think those track names could be simply removed.)
I think some tracks did have official names. I remember putting the disk in a Windows XP machine a long time ago and Windows Media player had some of the tracks named and the composers listed.
Oh yes, the soundtracks do have official track names. But the track names that were listed in that incomplete level compiler did not match any of the titles from the CD tracks, if I remember correctly. :)

All soundtracks (including Alpha & Beta tracks) were composed by Sylvius Lack. The sound designer from TerraTools part. Stefan Karau honoured him by putting his name in the MD Taerkasten campaign.
;
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Ydro
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Ydro » Sat May 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Ok so this time I've focused on the functionality for more convenient editing.

The changes:

- you can change owner sectors quickly by holding from 0 to 7 on the keyboard and dragging through the sectors

- added multi-selection feature to change height of many sectors at once: just hold Ctrl and drag through sectors then change height with "+" and "-" shortcuts

- added selection mark to distinguish which sectors are selected

- added view for typ map, owner map and blg map

- if sector has a special building(in blg map) then changing owner to 0 converts it to 7 automatically

- handled errors in tech upgrade

At the moment I try to find all the values in MD expansion then I'll add full support for it!

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed May 20, 2020 8:32 am

The new features list looks great! About MD support is there any specific data that you are looking for?
;
;

Ydro
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Ydro » Wed May 20, 2020 2:17 pm

Actually I'm trying to organise everything and implement in a proper way. I also want to add images for original and MD campaigns with level names in the help section so it would be easier to visualise which levels are being unlocked by beam gates. If there are such images then I wouldn't have done it from scratch.

Ydro
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Ydro » Thu May 21, 2020 3:37 pm

OK so I have finally added full support for Metropolis Dawn expansion. There is a new section in the options menu to switch between vanilla and MD content. I have performed some tests against this feature but I do not guarantee it is 100% bug free.

The changes:
- new units appear in the add squad and enabler sections after switching the game content to MD: Ostwind, Thor's Hammer and Crusher
- added new special buildings
- added new shortcuts
- tech upgrade has also new units and buildings
- briefing and debriefing map images and names are different based upon selected game content
- added beam gate level names for MD content
- units are now being rendered on top of cliff marks

Have fun! :D

Edited in 26 May 2020:
- added campaign maps in help section to visualise which files correspond to levels in the game

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:02 pm

With the continuous development cycle as well as providing the most features and a wide variety of general applicability that's essential for creating UA levels in a comprehensive way, I think this level editor is by far the best and the most completed level editor that UA community has ever seen. :D So I would like to add an entry about it into our wiki section as the recommended level editor for UA. What do you think?
;
;

Ydro
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Ydro » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:24 pm

Feel free to include it into the wiki section. That was my goal to put as many useful features as possible so you can easily develop your own specific level or maybe help modders to experiment with the game data.

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:48 am

Perfect! I'll update the relevant page in the coming days when I'll be working on some wiki articles again.
;
;