UA Console

Do you have any feedback for us? Are you looking for a file that you think we should post? Please don't hesitate to tell us about it!
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

UA Console

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:08 pm

I always dreamed about this idea... Wouldn't it be beautiful if we could open up a console window in UA, and type in commands to directly control the various aspects of the in-game environments in real time?
;------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “
Special thanks to CERNBox!

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Re: UA Console

Post by GoldStar611 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:28 pm

But what would you change?

I remember doing this quite frequently in counter strike source about 10 years ago but can't remember why.

CharlotteLabyrinth

Re: UA Console

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:50 am

Well, lots of things! I used to run and manage servers in many games before, so I know how convenient it is to control the game through console commands or a command prompt. :D

About Counter-Strike series you're probably referring to console commands like 'rate', 'cl_interp', or 'cl_cmdrate'/'cl_updaterate' which affect tick-rate and packet update from the client-side. Setting the appropriately configured values were quite essential for the better performance of gameplay in servers.

However, my idea here in UA is more focused on various interesting commands and functions which can directly change the in-game situations and parameters:

For example, the player could type something like 'move playerrobo x:1800 y:-300 z:-1800' to instantly move his/her host station to a particular coordinate in a level (in this case, the top-left sector).

Maybe the player could give themselves a quick access to Evilfurz through 'enable_vehicle user 13'; or even change the gravity of the game by typing 'set.gravity_const X' command?

How about loading levels through a command like 'loadlevel 30', where L3030.ldf from game data will be parsed? Perhaps instantly placing yourself into an enemy faction via 'set.faction user X'?

One could only imagine such a functionality, but the sky is the limit! :)

EDIT: Occasionally I'll delete my own posts and repost to test custom VPN variables. So please ignore if anyone receives multiple notifications!
;------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “
Special thanks to CERNBox!

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!