Req: Running MD with UA:Source

Do you have any feedback for us? Are you looking for a file that you think we should post? Please don't hesitate to tell us about it!
Happy_Hereford
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Req: Running MD with UA:Source

Post by Happy_Hereford » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:49 pm

Hi there, I'd be very appreciative if anyone could help. I'm a bit of a dummy and haven't figured out how to run MD with UA:Source yet. Have no issues running the original campaign with it. I've been mucking around with it a bit today but so far no luck.

EDIT: Asking for confirmation that 0.94-3 is the newest version of UA:Source. Thanks

Betrayal at Krondor theme plays in the background as you approach

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

Re: Req: Running MD with UA:Source

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:29 pm

Hello Happy_Hereford,

Provided that you have vanilla MD files correctly applied in your UA:Source directory, create two shortcuts of 'UA_Source.exe', and add these new arguments at the end of each of their Target fields:

Code: Select all

-env Ghor_env
 -env Taer_env
(Mind the spaces!)

Otherwise, you may download the standalone UA:Source package here, which contains MD dataset by default. I've scrutinised it once and haven't found any noticeable problem, except that its UA:Source version is very outdated (seems like 0.94-2); and when the hyphen ('-') key (default: map zoom out) is pressed, the key overlaps with the in-game video recording function.

To fix the latter issue, open 'world.ini' found in 'Ghor_env' and 'Taer_env' folders, and then disable the line 'easy_cheat_keys'. In the original game, this option requires additional input so it doesn't interfere with gameplay normally, but this is not the case in UA:Source.

The latest UA:Source version is 0.94-6. However, I do not believe this version was released to the public. The executable inside 0.94-6 package contains some bugs, so it must be updated first with this new latest executable before playing to avoid any technical issues.

If necessary, I highly recommend compiling an executable from the latest GitHub repository on your own. Zidane has recently implemented an excellent method for compiling on Windows!
;------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “
Special thanks to CERNBox!

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!