History Buffer

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

History Buffer

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:40 am

UA uses multiple blocks of 64x64 matrices comprised of hexadecimal integers to track and record 'history' of each saved game. But their representations are rather enigmatic... Any ideas or clues?

Checking the original source code or the refactored UA:Source code would surely provide more concrete answers but, I think it's still a very intriguing topic to discuss separately.
;------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “
Special thanks to CERNBox!

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: History Buffer

Post by Zidane » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:05 pm

It's contain history of events for debriefing plus score calculations.
Recently I did refactor it and now all types and structures in https://github.com/Marisa-Chan/UA_sourc ... /history.h

1. Read byte from history buffer
2. Select type of history record by this byte
3. Read data bytes for selected history record(count of data bytes is in records constructor)
4. Parse readed bytes into record structure fields
合体! ライオカイザー

CharlotteLabyrinth

Re: History Buffer

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:05 pm

Haha, maybe I was being too lazy for not investigating it first on my own? :P Many thanks for the prompt and decisive answer as usual, Zidane!

Meanwhile, I sent you something to discuss about the game's internal stuffs. Please check your message!
;------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “
Special thanks to CERNBox!

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!