Urban Assault on windows 10

Talk about other topics that do not pertain to Urban Assault here.
jasonmy10
Firefly
Firefly

Urban Assault on windows 10

Post by jasonmy10 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:55 am

hello is there a way that i can get windows 10 on urban assault? if their is an easier way of downloading the game that would be great i'd love to start playing that game again that would be freaking amazing if there a way that you can help me out i'd gladly appreciate that

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

Re: Urban Assault on windows 10

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Welcome to the forums, jasonmy10!

Running Urban Assault on Windows 10 is possible and there are many ways to do it. I highly recommend downloading these virtual disk image files and mount them with your choice of disk emulators:
https://files.metropolisdawn.com/game/UASSAULT.mdf
https://files.metropolisdawn.com/game/UASSAULT.mds

The files contain retail CD data with full contents. Should you face any problems when running the game, this article on our community wiki has comprehensive troubleshooting information on modern systems:
https://wiki.metropolisdawn.com/windows_tweaks

If you have hardware incompatibility issues, or multiplayer is not of your interest, you may also try UA:Source; UA:Source/OpenUA is an open source engine reimplementation project of Urban Assault, currently in development and so may contain some bugs and missing features.

There are many subtle differences, but the gameplay is nearly identical to the original game with a latest version release. The main topic thread can be found at here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1589

Manual installation is possible. But I've been informed that there is a standalone UA:Source package on our FTP repository, which you can download and play out of the box. Here is a download link:
https://files.metropolisdawn.com/game/U ... Source.rar

If you have any further questions, or spot any bugs/problems in UA:Source, please let us know!
;--------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

jasonmy10
Firefly
Firefly

Post by jasonmy10 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:35 pm

alright 1 more question i think when i clicked on the file link it said where should i open the file at? i use winrar for my files what should i get to open up the files?

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:38 pm

You should download the files from the links first. Download locations shouldn't matter as long as you can locate them. RIght-click on the links and click 'Save As' option to download the files on your computer.

If your question is about how to open downloaded *.mdf/*.mds files, you need a virtual drive emulator software such as Daemon Tools or WinCDEmu, and mount the disk image files with it.

The UA:Source standalone package does not require any installation, and you can play the game (via 'UA_Source.exe) immediately after decompressing the file with WinRAR.
;
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

jasonmy10
Firefly
Firefly

Post by jasonmy10 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:02 pm

Yooo nice it works is there like a file where i can play as other host stations? like for an example mykonians black sect ghorkov tsark i remember when i use to play ghorkov that was my favorite

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:33 am

jasonmy10 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:02 pm
is there like a file where i can play as other host stations?
Yes! You are probably thinking of Metropolis Dawn which is available at https://files.metropolisdawn.com/metrop ... ansion.zip

If that's not what you remember, then it was probably a fan contribution which you could browse what's left at https://files.metropolisdawn.com/ to see if anything rings a bell

jasonmy10
Firefly
Firefly

Post by jasonmy10 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:49 am

yesss thats the one i think but when i try installing it says there no urban assault found on this machine please try installing urban assault or virtual machine and i do have the normal one installed already https://gyazo.com/e1abc4d9de5859b17bc7a7465373ccc0 also is it possible to play as the mykonian and black sect aswell? those are the ones i never got to try yet

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:45 pm

The 'Metropolis Dawn' is an official expansion pack for Urban Assault which allows you to play unreleased Ghorkov and Taerkasten campaigns.

Playing as Mykonian in singleplayer or Black Sect is only possible through community-made mods. Please have a look at here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=948

Installing Metropolis Dawn requires either 'Typical' or 'Full' installation of the original game with full registry entries. MD installer needs to detect these registry entries before proceeding.

If your UA registry entries are corrupted or missing, MD installer will not work. In such cases, removing and reinstalling the original game through an official installer to recover registry data is HIGHLY recommended.

Otherwise, you could copy the expansion files directly from 'Game' folder of the expansion package and paste them into your UA folder. However, doing so will not automatically create shortcuts for Ghorkov and Taerkasten campaigns. So you will have to create them manually.

Creating these shortcuts manually when MD installer is not used is explained in this post (it also contains another method using expansion test registry, but I haven't checked how it works):
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=954&start=10#p13580

Finally, if you're using the UA:Source package from above, it comes with MD data attached within. I believe there's also a readme file in the package which explains how to get the expansion data working.
;
;

jasonmy10
Firefly
Firefly

Post by jasonmy10 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:34 am

ok so i got everything that you told me to do and i dont think i can run it on windows 10 https://gyazo.com/99fac3df7d39f63ee71368e5b6524880 i think i can but this is what its telling me if you look at the gyazo image i sent

jasonmy10
Firefly
Firefly

Post by jasonmy10 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:45 am

never mind i'm stupid and i figured it out YOOOOOO THANKS hopefully i get to try mykonian and black sect from the fan made thingy i'm assuming there a sulgogar fan made thingy too right?