Mission Tab

Do you have any feedback for us? Are you looking for a file that you think we should post? Please don't hesitate to tell us about it!
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Mission Tab

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:05 pm

This was originally brought up during a conversation between Zidane—it looks like interface customisation for OpenUA will be made possible at some point in future!

Wouldn't it be great to have a separate in-game section that can read *.ldf files directly from a certain game directory, where players can start individual levels just like in the multiplayer level selection screen?

In my opinion, such function will be immensely beneficial since it does not require manually replacing singleplayer campaign levels that are defined within mask files to play individual 'scenario' type of levels.
;--------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Re: Mission Tab

Post by GoldStar611 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:34 pm

Yes, this could be a really nice feature for modders to quickly get new levels into the game without having to resolve what LDF number is what map (although by now I'm sure we have most of this figured out :P)

This would basically forego the story/map mode though, correct?

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:40 pm

GoldStar611 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:34 pm
Yes, this could be a really nice feature for modders to quickly get new levels into the game without having to resolve what LDF number is what map (although by now I'm sure we have most of this figured out :P)

This would basically forego the story/map mode though, correct?
Exactly! Not only it will negate the need to replace the existing campaign story levels, but also testing or playing individual custom levels would be made much more simpler and convenient with such feature. :)

Especially for non-modders who may encounter numerous complications when installing or playing standalone custom levels.
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:11 pm

I think the Playstation version was planned to have this feature but I don't remember if it works in any of the prototypes...
Im in ur base, stalkin ur hoststation