Known bugs of UA

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Known bugs of UA

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:55 pm

I think the bug where you can (whether accidentally or deliberately) create vehicles below the ground should be added here too. Which usually happens when players are attempting to create multiple units at a close proximity near the ground surfaces. It seems to happen more easily around uneven surfaces.
;--------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Bronsteijn24K
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Bronsteijn24K » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:50 am

found another bug though not sure if its in the original. When you send a squad of tanks to a sector, they follow the path made for them. However if the squad leader gets destroyed and a new leader is assigned all the remaining tanks ignore the path and immediately head straight in the direction of the final point in the path. This leads to many tanks getting stuck at walls.

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:08 pm

Bronsteijn24K wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:50 am
found another bug though not sure if its in the original. When you send a squad of tanks to a sector, they follow the path made for them. However if the squad leader gets destroyed and a new leader is assigned all the remaining tanks ignore the path and immediately head straight in the direction of the final point in the path. This leads to many tanks getting stuck at walls.
This bug does not exist in the original game. The tank pathfinding algorithm in UA:Source is different from the original UA.

Zidane's workaround to circumvent a particular crashing problem in older versions of UA:Source suggests its base algorithm for tank pathfinding is not strictly identical to the original UA.

More Info:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1577&start=40#p16779

Zidane wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:04 pm
Ormu wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:53 pm
-- radius_<type> is ignored: This may be an inteded decision made by the developers but I added it anyway because it has confused modders throughout the years.
It's 110% error in source code and it's luck that it's not produce memory corruption.
Interesting. Thank you very much for the clarification as usual! I wonder if it would prove to be complicated to debug this particular error in the original game...
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:48 pm

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:08 pm
Bronsteijn24K wrote:
This bug does not exist in the original game. If it was referring to OpenUA, please report all UA_Source specific issues into UA:Source thread with replicable contexts so that they can be resolved. The tank pathfinding algorithm in UA:Source is different from the original UA.
I think for some reason path points does not copy to the new commander. I will check it.
合体! ライオカイザー

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:11 pm

Bronsteijn24K wrote:
Can you make some video with it? Because I can't reproduce it.
合体! ライオカイザー

Bronsteijn24K
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Bronsteijn24K » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:06 pm

Zidane wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:11 pm
Bronsteijn24K wrote:
Can you make some video with it? Because I can't reproduce it.
here: https://youtu.be/7OeokjMMOMk

Notice when the lead thors hammer gets destroyed, the remaining units ignore their current path and head straight to the final point?