Convert language.dll to language.lng

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
Qatar Killian
Firefly
Firefly

Convert language.dll to language.lng

Post by Qatar Killian » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:58 pm

Hello to all. I have a problem with the mod.
A long time ago, when I had a video card Radeon, the game started up properly on my Windows 10 in the primary video driver mode. Resolution and textures are certainly not full HD, but tolerable. Unfortunately, when I replaced it with GeForce 1070, I was unpleasantly surprised that Nvidia no longer knows how to work with this game in the primary video driver mode.

Zidane's UA Source has become a real breath of air, many thanks to the author for it! Unfortunately, although UA Source supports the original game and the Metropolis Dawn addon, there was a problem with the game in the New MD mod due to the lack of descriptions of the game missions (The game itself is working properly).

Experienced to establish that UA: Source uses the file "language.lng" for the description of missions, and the original game uses "Language.dll".
Can anyone create a mission description file that will be read by UA: Source?
Last edited by Qatar Killian on Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Re: The 1.1.0 New MD mods are released and fixed! 4

Post by GoldStar611 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:41 pm

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums. It seems that you have a mod with a modified language.dll file and UA Source is not reading the DLL but instead it reads the LNG text file?

I don't believe there is a DLL to LNG creator at the moment but it probably wouldn't be hard to make. Let me check on our discord server and I'll post back

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:08 pm

I made a script that can convert the texts into an .lng file for UA_source. It's not very straightforward as you have to install Python for it and use Resource Hacker to dump the texts first.

See this if you are interested:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1719#p17603

I saw another converter made by CuSToM_94 but I can't find it now.

BTW, can we change the thread title as well?
Image Im in ur base, stalkin ur hoststation

Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

Qatar Killian
Firefly
Firefly

Re: The 1.1.0 New MD mod on UA:Source

Post by Qatar Killian » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:20 am

It's DONE!!!

I successfully converted Language.dll to Language.lng and UA: Source successfully picked up this file!
Thanks a lot for the detailed instructions, even my rather poor understanding of the English language was enough to do everything correctly.

Perhaps, in future versions of any mods - this file should be created regularly, since the original game is still normally only run on video cards AMD Radeon, and not everyone has them.