UA:Source

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: UA:Source

Post by Zidane » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:34 pm

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:40 am
Brilliant discovery, Zidane!

Now it clearly explains why this bug occurs in the first place... I've just tested it with vanilla UA, and yes - it does seem to exist in original UA too! :o

Strange how did I missed this before, then it looks like I have formerly made a wrong statement that the bug does not exist in original game in another thread. :oops: Nevertheless, it's always great to know the truth.
It's can be only on loading of save, but not occur on original game while gameplay. I will try to find why this happen and how to fix it.
合体! ライオカイザー

Bronsteijn24K
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Bronsteijn24K » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Great stuff Zidane, good luck

Bronsteijn24K
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Bronsteijn24K » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:31 am

Zidane wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:34 pm
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:40 am
Brilliant discovery, Zidane!

Now it clearly explains why this bug occurs in the first place... I've just tested it with vanilla UA, and yes - it does seem to exist in original UA too! :o

Strange how did I missed this before, then it looks like I have formerly made a wrong statement that the bug does not exist in original game in another thread. :oops: Nevertheless, it's always great to know the truth.
It's can be only on loading of save, but not occur on original game while gameplay. I will try to find why this happen and how to fix it.
found a bug with newest build.
Restarting the mission reverts all sector ownership.

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:30 am

Bronsteijn24K wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:31 am
found a bug with newest build.
Restarting the mission reverts all sector ownership.
This bug had been already reported before, but it didn't included a case of restarting mission:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:34 pm
This seems like a temporary bug with the latest github release. :P With the current version, the following issues may occur:
- Aggression level 1 and 2 is not working in squadron manager.

- Creating a new save profile results in an empty save folder, and save data files which should be generated inside the save profile folders are generated in a wrong place - inside the main UA folder instead.

- Save games are corrupted. It might be related to above issue but I haven't verified. Loading a saved game results in following anomalies:

i) All sectors in the level will turn into neutral sectors, the only exceptions are sectors that are occupied by factions' units.

ii) Sectors where new buildings are constructed over after level start will be converted back to their original sector types defined in the level script, with all structures on them fully demolished.

iii) If a host station is placed on a neutral sector, the energy bars display at the top of the screen will disappear.
Note: These issues were present exclusively to version 0.94-5. Compiling from the latest GitHub repository of UA:Source at the moment may resolve the issues. I assume they were potentially caused by faulty save data (such as *.rst file) generation.
;------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “
Special thanks to CERNBox!

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:36 pm

Zidane, the latest build seems to have fully fixed the save profile data generation and sector ownership reset problems. But the new changes made in code for a first 'debriefing fix' doesn't seem to be working -- the game still displays owner 1 score.

I've also spotted another bug which existed since 0.94-5; some destruction effects in the game are not displayed properly. I believe the missing effects are the ones using 'megadeth' parameters in the scripts, the effects using 'death' parameters seem to be working correctly.
;
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Bronsteijn24K
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Bronsteijn24K » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:19 pm

does anyone have instruction to build the game using Cygwin?

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:06 am

Bronsteijn24K wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:19 pm
does anyone have instruction to build the game using Cygwin?

Cygwin, no but Linux yes. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt the Linux install script I have for Travis CI to cygwin.

Check out https://github.com/goldstar611/UA_sourc ... travis.yml and message me or open a new post and I'll see if I can track down any issues you have

If you are on windows 10 then these instructions should work great using Ubuntu on Windows.

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Things are going well! :) Any former issues stemming from the experimental release appear to be rectified and the debriefing sequence is almost bug free now with the yesterday's GitHub commit!
;
;

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:48 pm

Zidane, would you mind if I update the main post to include the latest build release (0.94-6) with fixed UA_Source.exe included in it as well?

Despite the new method of compiling on Windows, it seems that many people are accustomed to downloading the pre-compiled package builds...
;
;

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:24 pm

Hate to double-post, but one more thing. I totally forgot to bring this topic up in our earlier conversation last week... :P

In the vanilla Metropolis Dawn installation, the 'easy_cheat_keys' parameter is enabled by default in their respective world.ini config files. Unlike the original UA, UA:Source does not require additional input from right mouse button to activate built-in hidden functions from this.

The problem arises when the player presses the default map zoom out key (-) while playing MD campaigns via UA:Source, whose key mapping overlaps with the recording function. To prevent this, could you please make a change to the main repository branch in future, so that there must be an additional input to access and activate these hidden functions just like in the original UA?
;
;