New to The Stoudson Corporation

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
Mozna101
Firefly
Firefly

New to The Stoudson Corporation

Post by Mozna101 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:58 am

Hello everyone. I am a very big fan of this game. I even went out And bought a old windows 98 desktop computer just to play it 3 weeks ago. I do have an Alienware currently and I installed the game but the helicopters just keep spinning in circles so that's why I bought a older computer to play this great game. Ive been watching vidoes on youtibe and i see lots of people playing this game with mods and different campaigns. I was hoping to be helped out and walk me through the steps to play this game with mods, and new campaigns and metropolis dawn expansions. It would mean the world to me. This is still in my opinion, THE BEST GAME EVER MADE! I hope this will reach out to the veterans and help me get to where i would love to be. Thanks for your time and thank you for reading my thread. I hope to hear from you soon :)

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Re: New to The Stoudson Corporation

Post by GoldStar611 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:23 pm

Hello and welcome to the forums! I think you may have already been to our discord channel based on the fact that you bought an old computer (unless that is a popular thing to do ) but in any case, there are a few solutions to the helicopter problem.

Im on mobile much of the time these days so I can't get the exact link but if you search for "helicopter fix" you'll find an updated UA.exe and ua_xp.exe which resolves the issue.

There is also a project called "UA Source" or UA:Source which solves even more issues with the game and is backed by an open source code repository on GitHub.

Lastly, I posted not too long ago (view my profile and check my most recent posts) about the same issue and linked to a RAR file that contains everything necessary to get UA running on a modern computer.

Hope that helps!

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:22 pm

Welcome to the forums.

Here's the thread about Zidane's new helicopter patch:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1575

But if you play on a very old computer (16...20 years or older) you won't need a helicopter patch.
Im in ur base, stalkin ur hoststation

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:25 pm

Hello and welcome to Stoudson Corporation!
;--------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;--------------------------------------------------
„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!