UA:Source

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: UA:Source

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:20 pm

Zidane, a small request. In original UA, on the level selection and loading screens, only 21 gameplay tips out of total 23 are displayed because the game only reads string 2490 to 2510 from the language database files for updating 'tod.def'.

Excerpted code snippet from yw_game.cpp:

Code: Select all

int tod = loadTOD(yw, "tod.def");

const char *text = get_lang_string(yw->string_pointers_p2, tod + 2490, " ");

tod++;
    if ( tod + 2490 > 2510 )
        tod = 0;

writeTOD(yw, "tod.def", tod);
Could you extend this limit in UA:Source to 2512, so the missing last two in-game tips can be displayed properly in the next version releases?
;--------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Fragger
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Fragger » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:02 am

With Discord, you would be able to integrate audio and text chat into game lobbies. I think you may even be able to enable lobby joining somehow with this Discord API. This would definitely improve the experience of match making, making it an all in one experience! Do you think this may be possible?

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us ... verlay-101

https://discordapp.com/rich-presence

https://github.com/discordapp/sample-game-integration

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:58 am

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:20 pm
Zidane, a small request. In original UA, on the level selection and loading screens, only 21 gameplay tips out of total 23 are displayed because the game only reads string 2490 to 2510 from the language database files for updating 'tod.def'.

Excerpted code snippet from yw_game.cpp:

Code: Select all

int tod = loadTOD(yw, "tod.def");

const char *text = get_lang_string(yw->string_pointers_p2, tod + 2490, " ");

tod++;
    if ( tod + 2490 > 2510 )
        tod = 0;

writeTOD(yw, "tod.def", tod);
Could you extend this limit in UA:Source to 2512, so the missing last two in-game tips can be displayed properly in the next version releases?
I have a pull request open to fix this issue. I searched for all values of 2510 and 2490 and found 2 files that needed changes. https://github.com/Marisa-Chan/UA_source/pull/8

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:24 am

Thank you, GoldStar611! :D I probably didn't have enough time to check all the relevant files from UA:Source thoroughly before.

For hex-editing this manually in all known UA executables, search for the two addresses containing the hex string '3D CE 09', and simply change their bytes to '3D D0 09'.
;
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Zidane, have you found any evidence of the SWEAPON cheat?

Some cheat code sites claim that you can get "a new vehicle with a secret weapon" if you hold down Shift and type SWEAPON. But this does not work and I don't think it's even related to this game.
Im in ur base, stalkin ur hoststation

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:38 am

Ormu wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Some cheat code sites claim that you can get "a new vehicle with a secret weapon" if you hold down Shift and type SWEAPON. But this does not work and I don't think it's even related to this game.
You are right. I checked sources and no "SWEAPON" is present.
合体! ライオカイザー

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:29 am

Some secret from code:
Do not assign F7 to any action (reassign default F7 to anything)
On any vehicle(host station or flak too) do right click for controlling by mouse and do next right click for release control and hold it.
Next press "J" "Jump into Vehicle", and needed gui item will be selected. Next hold F7 and now holding F7 + Right button click by left mouse (multiple left click) on enemy vehicle on screen (not on map) and you will be able to sit into it but without of control.
合体! ライオカイザー

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:23 pm

Nice find. The right mouse button seems to conceal many secrets in UA. :ninja:
Im in ur base, stalkin ur hoststation

Fragger
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Fragger » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:19 am

It's great to be back! How is everyone doing? I really can't wait to see the future of UA Source!!! :)

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:08 am

Zidane wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:38 am
Ormu wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:27 pm

You are right. I checked sources and no "SWEAPON" is present.
I was curious about this too... thank you Zidane for verifying it once and for all. :ninja: The SWEAPON 'cheat' didn't come off intuitively to me as something UA developers would have implemented into their game, and pressing down multiple default keys that are already overlapping with several basic functions of the game seemed out of place as well. :?

Zidane wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:29 am
Some secret from code:
Do not assign F7 to any action (reassign default F7 to anything)
On any vehicle(host station or flak too) do right click for controlling by mouse and do next right click for release control and hold it.
Next press "J" "Jump into Vehicle", and needed gui item will be selected. Next hold F7 and now holding F7 + Right button click by left mouse (multiple left click) on enemy vehicle on screen (not on map) and you will be able to sit into it but without of control.
Wow, this is really amazing! :D

Fragger wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:19 am
It's great to be back! How is everyone doing? I really can't wait to see the future of UA Source!!! :)
Hello! :)
;
;