We got to do a remake of UA

An archive of older ua2 projects without source code
leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Re: We got to do a remake of UA

Post by leftylink » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:01 pm

Ah, not a bad choice it looks like. And it would actually be a realistic choice since the engine in question is on an open source license.
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

Jake wedding
Mnosjetz
Mnosjetz

Post by Jake wedding » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:17 am

cryengin 2 are you talking about Nemphis?

just see it on low settings, looks just a bit better than dukenukem 3d
Please hold, Your Teleportation Services Provided By TelePort. If your under attack and cant teleport
please Phone one of our Help Desks.....you are 2075.33 in que 5075

TelePort is a Branch of Telecom, all rights reserved

Nemphis
Ghargoil 1
Ghargoil 1

Post by Nemphis » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:42 am

Cryengin 2 was used on Crysis was it not? Crysis is a very graphically demanding game not many people can run that game and i could certainly never set it that low enough on that game i cant even run that game on my Nvidia 8800 beside it maybe a good idea to use an engine that has all the scripts necessary to run the game or we could use the source engine that's not too demanding and it looks good

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:55 am

Once again, some advice...
CryEngine is still a proprietary engine owned by Crytek. I doubt they would just let you use it for making your own game without paying licensing fees.
EDIT: And same goes for the Source engine. I'm pretty sure Valve won't let you just waltz in and take their engine either.

I suggest that research be done, so that you choose an engine which it is actually possible for us to use, instead of randomly throwing engines out there.
(If I turn out to be wrong, and you actually are willing to spent money and have the money to spend on having Valve license Source to you, or having CryEngine licensed to you from Crytek, then please excuse my misunderstanding)

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

Jake wedding
Mnosjetz
Mnosjetz

Post by Jake wedding » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:07 pm

you could always just start a Total Convertion Mod, See How Effective it is duplacating UA(1) (this done on muilltaple game Engines)

then when one Engine is found that does what We want it to do we can start cerating the Best Damm game.

Or you could just find a compainy whitch is going down and get the rights for cheap or *Steal* the Engine

Or if my ideia sucks you could alway do yours, it sounds bettera and it has no spelling mistakes
Please hold, Your Teleportation Services Provided By TelePort. If your under attack and cant teleport

Nemphis
Ghargoil 1
Ghargoil 1

Post by Nemphis » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:27 pm

leftylink wrote:Once again, some advice...
CryEngine is still a proprietary engine owned by Crytek. I doubt they would just let you use it for making your own game without paying licensing fees.
EDIT: And same goes for the Source engine. I'm pretty sure Valve won't let you just waltz in and take their engine either.

I suggest that research be done, so that you choose an engine which it is actually possible for us to use, instead of randomly throwing engines out there.
(If I turn out to be wrong, and you actually are willing to spent money and have the money to spend on having Valve license Source to you, or having CryEngine licensed to you from Crytek, then please excuse my misunderstanding)
then its a good thing i just so happen to have the source SDK which allows mods to be made

Jake wedding
Mnosjetz
Mnosjetz

Post by Jake wedding » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:36 am

you dont have to spend money to make mods, so why not just do a High quaility mod, Cryengine 2 is Perty moddable

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Ah, I didn't realize you were talking about making a mod for a game engine! I thought you guys were talking about making a standalone game using one of the aforementioned engines. I was therefore very confused because as I mentioned, they are proprietary engines (Well, except for the id tech 3). Now that you have clarified it, it makes more sense now.

Nemphis
Ghargoil 1
Ghargoil 1

Post by Nemphis » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:12 pm

i would rather have the game run on id tech personally just because that way i wouldnt have to pay for the the game in the first place

Jake wedding
Mnosjetz
Mnosjetz

Post by Jake wedding » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:44 pm

Yea because mods are free to make(Unless you are using stuff like The DOW Engine, GW HATES MODDERS)

and for Cryengine you can easly lower the quailite of the graphics, and scripts are easy to make, and moddles to import
but we need a list of possable engines that are either Free or moddable, with out other compainys to harsh on there pollices (H&K Tracked down some guy because he made one of there weapons as a 3D Modle)

So the list is
1,Cry Engine/Cry Engine 2 - Mod
2,id tech - (?)
3,Source - (?)