An archive of older ua2 projects without source code
Grim0x
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: We got to do a remake of UA

Post by Grim0x » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:49 pm

w00T! yay.
Some exp on board, thats great.

hey friend - are you sure it wasnt the fact that it was a DEMO version of maya that limited you from opening the SKL files?

Because if we can just get a way to modify those textures, then we're on our way, because our friend above can model.

The UA engine seems to use the files in "objects" as its models.
They're ".bas" files.
Wonder which program supports that...

See if you can get that converter nemphis.
we can really DO this.
At the very least, we can present something that looks different from the UA we play today.
And we can make scenarios pretty easily.

VIR hangs out on a French forum that has a remake of UA - it has different story lines, and you can play with the mikonians in campaign I believe!

SO, if you can nemphis, just TEST to see if you can get the converter to accomplish that (seeing as how you're working on something atm). If it Does, then we'll see what I / any other can do.

I'll look at what application can handle those .bas model files.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''%'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''Image''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''%''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. If you have too and you aren't afraid to say it, copy and paste this into your signature

UrbanAce3
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by UrbanAce3 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:14 pm

Nemphis wrote:i would gladly take you up on your offer however i am currently modeling for a large mod for the game Star Trek: Bridge Commander but after it is released i will gladly give you a hand
You will wow thanks(once you are done) if you do not change your mind.
UrbanAce3~
:/i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig7.gif[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]

Nemphis
Ghargoil 1
Ghargoil 1

Post by Nemphis » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:06 pm

.bas files? never heard of that model file but ill see what i can do with the amount of time i have available

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:36 am

Grim0x wrote:VIR hangs out on a French forum that has a remake of UA - it has different story lines, and you can play with the mikonians in campaign I believe!
You've piqued my curiousity there. Where is this place and where is this remake? Can you or ViR shed some light on this?
EDIT: Well, I found the forums... these guys seem to be pretty active, they actually have enough people to make a tournament. Interesting...

Also... glad to see some enthusiasm on this. If you guys figure out anything about those models, we'd love to know... I think this knowledge has eluded the full efforts of the community for a while now, so if anyone makes a breakthrough, you'll unlock much that wasn't possible before...
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

Nemphis
Ghargoil 1
Ghargoil 1

Post by Nemphis » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:39 am

Breakthrough update on .BAS well they aren't the models but the are the scripts for the stock ships so to be brutally honest nothing we should change

Jake wedding
Mnosjetz
Mnosjetz

Post by Jake wedding » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:44 am

You could always move the gmae to another engin
maybe the CoH (Compainy of heroes) one

just need the modles and some coding
Im willing to help
Please hold, Your Teleportation Services Provided By TelePort. If your under attack and cant teleport
please Phone one of our Help Desks.....you are 2075.33 in que 5075

TelePort is a Branch of Telecom, all rights reserved

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:00 pm

the .BAS files actually are (once again!) the IFF format... I just don't know exactly what's inside the files. Can you tell us a bit more about what you found, Nemphis? Even if we shouldn't mess with them, I think it'd be nice to know these things...

Jake wedding (welcome to the Stoudson Corporation, by the way!), there has been talk of doing something UA-like in other engines. I think the effort that has gotten the farthest was the Spring mod of UA, but I'm not sure where Anarchid is, and he seems to be the only one who has bothered working on it.

As for the CoH engine... uh, are you sure Relic Entertainment is just going to let us randomly use their engine? It's gotta be a proprietary engine...
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

Nemphis
Ghargoil 1
Ghargoil 1

Post by Nemphis » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:13 pm

other than what i said nothing the file type is obsolete

Jake wedding
Mnosjetz
Mnosjetz

Post by Jake wedding » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:06 am

you could always just nake it as a mod

Cryengin 2 maybe useful
and ive heard that crytek are quite good people (not EA, full of dicks over there)
Please hold, Your Teleportation Services Provided By TelePort. If your under attack and cant teleport
please Phone one of our Help Desks.....you are 2075.33 in que 5075

TelePort is a Branch of Telecom, all rights reserved

Nemphis
Ghargoil 1
Ghargoil 1

Post by Nemphis » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:02 pm

unfortunately not everyone's PC is spectacularly brilliant to run that engine we could attempt to use ID Tech 3 which was the engine Jedi knight: Jedi academy and quake 3 was made on