Shogo

Urban Assault's not the only game you play, is it?! Talk about other games here!
The Unrealist
Weasel
Weasel

Shogo

Post by The Unrealist » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:36 pm

Just thought I'd share a game I used to play back around '98. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of Shogo: Mobile Armour Division, but anyone who likes mechs and giant robots should like it. It's an FPS game with anime influences in its design and graphics. There are on-foot as well as mecha sections, and a set of the most deadly arsenal I've ever seen in a game.

While on the subject of arsenal, let me just deviate on a tangent here: Shogo has quite possibly the GODLIEST assault rifle ever to debut in a game. That thing is so incredibly overpowered that I've stormed a room with six enemies in it ALONE and survived. I kid you not. The assault rifle is accurate enough to type your name in bullet holes in your enemy's forehead at 200 paces, has a sniper mode which not only makes it more accurate but fires in a three-round burst, is able to launch grenades that explode in a blue flash of energy that gibs anyone in its radius INSTANTLY, and also has another grenade which kind of floats in the air slowly towards the guy you launch it at while he cowers in fear - and if it doesn't hit him, the grenade bounces off walls. The thing has a FIFTY ROUND MAGAZINE coupled with a reload time of about 1.25 seconds. Put simply, the assault rifle wins.

So...with that little spiel aside...anyone play Shogo here?

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Shogo

Post by Alfa » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:49 pm

Never heard of it. Doesent sound like my style either.
://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/AlfaGoon/GIMP/cannabitchsig.gif?t=1226184091[/img]

Happy_Hereford
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Happy_Hereford » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:36 am

That sounds pretty awesome.

Ladies and gentlemen, HEATHER MORRIS

O Y ME
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Post by O Y ME » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:21 pm

The Unrealist wrote:Just thought I'd share a game I used to play back around '98. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of Shogo: Mobile Armour Division, but anyone who likes mechs and giant robots should like it. It's an FPS game with anime influences in its design and graphics. There are on-foot as well as mecha sections, and a set of the most deadly arsenal I've ever seen in a game.

While on the subject of arsenal, let me just deviate on a tangent here: Shogo has quite possibly the GODLIEST assault rifle ever to debut in a game. That thing is so incredibly overpowered that I've stormed a room with six enemies in it ALONE and survived. I kid you not. The assault rifle is accurate enough to type your name in bullet holes in your enemy's forehead at 200 paces, has a sniper mode which not only makes it more accurate but fires in a three-round burst, is able to launch grenades that explode in a blue flash of energy that gibs anyone in its radius INSTANTLY, and also has another grenade which kind of floats in the air slowly towards the guy you launch it at while he cowers in fear - and if it doesn't hit him, the grenade bounces off walls. The thing has a FIFTY ROUND MAGAZINE coupled with a reload time of about 1.25 seconds. Put simply, the assault rifle wins.

So...with that little spiel aside...anyone play Shogo here?
I think I shall stick with my farsight rifle from the N64 perfect dark. Shooting through walls was awesome. As for your game, I have never heared of it.
National martial law is finally here.

Darth_Cthulhu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Darth_Cthulhu » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:27 am

I loved this game! So atmospheric, so unexplainably cool :)
C++ developer. Failed to learn OGRE and worked in gamedev. Alcoholic and chain-smoker.

Tigerhawk71
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Tigerhawk71 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:28 pm

I've got an ISO of it. Infact, the music from the ending is running in my head right now.

Also, the on-foot sections on hard are.. brutal. you can lose some serious health against the armor-suit wearing fellows.
I am both Devast8tor71 from the old days of UAHQ, and Tigerhawk71.

Darth_Cthulhu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Darth_Cthulhu » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:34 am

This is just a game from Monolith. Monolith doesn't screw up :)
By the way about the ending music - you can hear it in hidden location in F.E.A.R :)
C++ developer. Failed to learn OGRE and worked in gamedev. Alcoholic and chain-smoker.

Tigerhawk71
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Tigerhawk71 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:44 am

Yeah i heard about that - didn't go looking for it though, i was having too much fun with the Penetrator.
I am both Devast8tor71 from the old days of UAHQ, and Tigerhawk71.

Happy_Hereford
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Happy_Hereford » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:57 pm

Darth_Cthulhu wrote:This is just a game from Monolith. Monolith doesn't screw up :)
They made Dark Reign, right? I'm sure it was them.

Ladies and gentlemen, HEATHER MORRIS

pete_kaboom
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by pete_kaboom » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:08 am

Dark reign? I love that game!