Consolidated Thread

Request some UA artwork/screenshots or display yours here.
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

Re: Consolidated Thread

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:07 pm

The Anvil looks awesome in that animation. I wonder if it's beaming in, or is it supposed to represent its superior camouflage/stealth ability? :P

I really like the thoughts and backgrounds you've put behind the new design for Flying Fortress. Also, one distinguishable trait of the Flying Fortress was that its turret system had dead angles where the turrets can't fire at (I guess many people know and exploit this already). I always thought this to be a feature from both gameplay/balance reasoning, as well as its representation of medieval fortification architecture.
;------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “
Special thanks to CERNBox!

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

deetex
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by deetex » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:12 pm

Definitely the Camouflage, Beaming-in has been demonstrated in my animation and I intend to stick to that(though in future productions I will refine it a smidge).

can;t wait to unlock marauders in my play-through, it will make dealing with Taerkasten units so much easier... which I guess I will need to start doodling some design concepts for as well one of these days.
First thing's first; wrap up the Gigant, then fulfill a comission that I may or may not repurpose as the Tien-Ying-7, and then redesign the Ghargoils.
All of them, this time... and I have a plan for them all.

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:42 am

That does sound like a plan! I can't wait to see more of them coming soon. Especially the remastered Flying Fortress with an additional Teutonic touch in it. ;) Some background info would be interesting as well.
;
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

deetex
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by deetex » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:54 pm

Felt cute, made thing.

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:48 am

The beaming out sequence is beautifully done! I really like the design of those Beam Gate pillars. :)

I wonder if that effect in the background is supposed to represent oscillating wave propagation of electromagnetic waves from Beam Gate through the transmission medium of surrounding atmosphere?
;
;

deetex
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by deetex » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:09 am

Oh goody, time for some technobabble with our softboiled sci-fi!

Actually those strange distortions are a fortuitous mishap with the way the texture was applied and rendered.
I elected to roll with it; as you can see it intersects, or I should rather say is caused by, a jaguar rolling through the encapsulating energy dome, disrupting an otherwise harmonious field.

As we know, a beam gate can be recognized as open when there's a flickering dome being projected, I aim to make this a bit more similar to say... the puddle within a Stargate... just... spherical.
Last edited by deetex on Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deetex
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by deetex » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:05 pm

Here is an external view of this scene, and here is the top-down.

Interesting to note: the lightning effect is what my software refers to as a Lense-Effect... and as can be clearly seen; it doesn't translate through transparent textures.
Gonna figure out a way around this once the animating bit of this project starts... might have to render the involved scenes twice, once with all the assets and once more, then overlayed in POST, with the effects rendered.

Not looking forward to that, as the past has demonstrated that lengthy Effects rendered this way have a way of filling up my ram... all of it... all 48 Gigs on both Leviathan and Dreadnought, and even all 64 on Redking...

Noooooot looking forward to that