Taerkasten Wallpaper

Request some UA artwork/screenshots or display yours here.
deetex
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Taerkasten Wallpaper

Post by deetex » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:46 am

So apparently I completely misunderstood the remake's graphical intensions, so... with ample time and surplus threads... let's go cosmetic.

Not overly stoked about the overal appearence, might trash it altogether and start over, or maybe redo some elements.
ANyway, Leonid, huge gun and British Male Mk5 inspired hull and tracks.
Dinky little Spandau on top because we could.

Based on a concept that was provided.

I know the original had an umbrella wing and a single cannon in front of the cockpit, but as it fires two LARGE Projectiles, I elected to give it a pair of BK3,7..

Opted for a slightly different take regarding the Mnosjets, which I hope will be the last time I have to type that stupid name...
I gave this bomber a hopefully more vintage look and feel, including the quad propellors(instead of two).
Last edited by deetex on Fri May 22, 2020 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

Re: [WIP] Taerkasten

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:20 pm

Wow, is this a concept art? :mrgreen: The 4k image fits exactly into my 3840x2160 monitor. Love the colouring and background with clouds of Hetzels and Mnosjetzs. Might I ask what were your tools of the trade for making this?

Nice artwork!
;--------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

deetex
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by deetex » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:52 pm

Thank you Charlotte, that is very kind and I am pleased you like it.

The tool I use is 3Ds Max.

SO far everything in this scene is scratchbuild, rapidly prototyped and as you can see; I even cheated a little.
No textures yet, and will probably refine the models a bit... just as soon as I remember where the "Find and Replace" function was hidden.

Later today or somewhere tomorrow, I'll put some more effort in it...

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:22 pm

Thank you for your detailed answer, Deetex!

I don't possess extensive experience in arts of modelling and texturing; so I may have failed to notice a good portion of intricate details, but it's always interesting to learn more about behind the scenes of others' creative works! :)

It almost feels like UA has just received its renaissance revival thanks to the recent influx of your quality artworks. ;) Keep up the amazing work!
;
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

deetex
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Taerkasten Wallpaper

Post by deetex » Fri May 22, 2020 7:52 am

Work as picked up a bit, so it's no longer possible to bring my laptop with me.
That being said, I do have a backlog.

Not overly stoked about the overal appearence, might trash it altogether and start over, or maybe redo some elements.
ANyway, Leonid, huge gun and British Male Mk5 inspired hull and tracks.
Dinky little Spandau on top because we could.

Based on a concept that was provided.

I know the original had an umbrella wing and a single cannon in front of the cockpit, but as it fires two LARGE Projectiles, I elected to give it a pair of BK3,7..

Opted for a slightly different take regarding the Mnosjets, which I hope will be the last time I have to type that stupid name...
I gave this bomber a hopefully more vintage look and feel, including the quad propellors(instead of two).

In between other stuff I am slowly chizzling away at the Zeppelin.
I will be reworking the initial Wallpaper above with the new models, some day...

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Fri May 22, 2020 5:55 pm

The remastered vehicle designs and details on the models are truly reminiscent of Taerkasten's WWI spirit. Very impressive!
;
;

SShafiP
Firefly
Firefly

Post by SShafiP » Mon May 25, 2020 7:59 am

The new renders of the Taerkasten vehicles are excellent, especially the Leonid and the Mnosjetz art works. A very interesting addition by Deetex is the visible weapons - the cannon and the machine gun for the Leonid, the twin vulcan cannons for the Hetzel and the bomb for the Mnosjetz.

Keep up the good work! The community appreciates these highly.

ReichsRitter
Firefly
Firefly

Post by ReichsRitter » Mon May 25, 2020 3:59 pm

Those are some superb looking models. The Hetzel looks especially mean with that jagged propeller and dual cannons that would be commonly found on Junkers or Henschel lines of attack aircraft.

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Mon May 25, 2020 5:05 pm

ReichsRitter wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 3:59 pm
Those are some superb looking models. The Hetzel looks especially mean with that jagged propeller and dual cannons that would be commonly found on Junkers or Henschel lines of attack aircraft.
I was thinking the same thing! They remind me of the staple Bordkanone autocannons, specifically BK 3,7 variation with their compact sizes and slim design. :)

The Mnosjetz here is also evocative of Zeppelin-Staaken lines of biplane bombers, but with a shortened wingspan and four propellers which would become increasingly common design for later strategic bombers... These hybrid designs of WW1 and WW2 components are blended so well together.
;
;