The Debug Level

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
Urbana
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

The Debug Level

Post by Urbana » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:19 am

Has anyone ever found this level, its what i believe to be the testing level for ua. You get your host station with 325000 energy and you get every vehicle, power station and flak station for all the factions and when you complete the level you keep all resistian vehicles and buildings and all the other factions buildings and a secret vehicle called the "evilfurs" which is a jag with 2000 hp and 100% armor and a gun with 800 points of damage and refire rate 6x faster than the weasel and speedy. This was the best game of ua i have ever played. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have been away too long. The challenge has waned. They must learn anew the meaning of ph34r
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/TheResistanceUB2-1.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig.gif[/img]

O Y ME
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Re: The Debug Level

Post by O Y ME » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:08 am

Anybody ever try to play this level legitimately? As in only resistance units, No more then the energy from parasite city? It's quite interesting. Also, only the mykonians and taerkastens seem to attack you and the others. The ghorkovs and sulgogars just sit and wait for the inevitable. :D
National martial law is finally here.

Urbana
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Urbana » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:31 pm

O Y ME wrote:Anybody ever try to play this level legitimately? As in only resistance units, No more then the energy from parasite city? It's quite interesting. Also, only the mykonians and taerkastens seem to attack you and the others. The ghorkovs and sulgogars just sit and wait for the inevitable. :D
Why do you think this level was created :?:
I have been away too long. The challenge has waned. They must learn anew the meaning of ph34r

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Alfa » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:30 pm

I think the name says enough.

Debugging.
://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/AlfaGoon/GIMP/cannabitchsig.gif?t=1226184091[/img]

Building
Jaguar
Jaguar

Post by Building » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:16 am

i think i readed a thing that says that is for demo versions,but i never see it in demos

john1352
Ghargoil 3
Ghargoil 3

Post by john1352 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:13 am

The "debug" level as it is called is for debugging http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debugging, as Alfa said.

It has everything so that if one thing doesn't work then the game crashes and the programmers can work out what is wrong.
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/FalconUB.png[/img]

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Alfa » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:14 pm

Building wrote:i think i readed a thing that says that is for demo versions,but i never see it in demos
It's for debugging, man. To find bugs/glitch from the game so they can be fixed.

Also, you can unlock a demo level using the same method.
://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/AlfaGoon/GIMP/cannabitchsig.gif?t=1226184091[/img]

Urbana
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Urbana » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:21 pm

Here let me post the way to access the debug level and you can post your comments later

Open your Urban Assault directory, and go to the SAVE folder, then the folder where your username is (like SDU7). Open ''user.txt'', and search for ''levelstatus 99''. Change the ''status = 1'' to ''status = 2''. Save your changes and start up the game.

Load the game file where you changed the user.txt, and you'll see a DEBUG level in level at the top left corner of the screen. Play and beat this level, and after that you'll have all buildings and all Resistance units for every other level.

By doing this you can get the debug level, note wont work for metropolis dawn already tried. :geek:

Gyiyg
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Gyiyg » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:52 pm

i've recently played this level, pretty chaotic, and lol at the Evilfruz unit, are there more than one of these debug levels or is it just one? the fact that i see levels going from "95 to 98" unexpectedly makes me think there were missions removed before UA was released. i also lol how you loose all mykoian, ghorkov, tearksten, and sugolar units once you leave the mission.
Just can't wait to fill you so full of psychically charged death...

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Alfa » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:06 pm

Gyiyg wrote:i've recently played this level, pretty chaotic, and lol at the Evilfruz unit, are there more than one of these debug levels or is it just one? the fact that i see levels going from "95 to 98" unexpectedly makes me think there were missions removed before UA was released. i also lol how you loose all mykoian, ghorkov, tearksten, and sugolar units once you leave the mission.
There's no other debug levels, I've unlocked all levels in UA. There is the demo level, though. I used notepad's replace function to unlock everything.

Also, I get to keep ALL units. You probably have something begin enabled which makes you lose all non-user(.scr) units.