Sector Border Weapon Radius Glitch

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Sector Border Weapon Radius Glitch

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:00 pm

I know this topic has been discussed extensively in UA:Source thread before, and I'm confident it will be certainly complicated, but would it be possible to debug this inherent bug in the game someday…?
;--------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;--------------------------------------------------
„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Re: Sector Border Weapon Radius Glitch

Post by GoldStar611 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:33 pm

Hi Charlotte,

Are you referring specifically to when something like a turret cannot set the correct angle to fire at you?

I set up the anarchy repo on my personal git server some time ago, https://git.goldstar611.com/GoldStar611/anarchy

If you can find the bug in that code then I can most lieky reduce the location of the bug in UA.EXE (or you may also be able to do the same) The MSVC 6.0 compiler pretty much compiled source files from top to bottom. I usually search for string references or magic numbers.