Known bugs of UA

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

Re: Known bugs of UA

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:25 pm

Zidane wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:01 pm
Division by 1000 and just shift register by 10 bits to right.
Shifting is much faster, but it's in debriefing, where no 3d and other computations.... looks like that do by different people in different time.
Right? I had the same impression here too. With multiple developers involved in writing a code for the game engine, some may have opt for memory allocation efficiency while the others preferred a real-time precision. Especially considering the inconsistency between the parts where certain integers are applied...
;------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “
Special thanks to CERNBox!

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:48 pm

Update: I've just confirmed that the debriefing screen always shows the score of faction 1 (The Resistance) regardless of player's faction in the game. This causes 'wrong' score display when playing as other factions. It also corresponds with Zidane's clue in a former post.
;
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:18 pm

Zidane: Thanks for information. Looks like someone wanted to optimize but someone else ignored it. :|
CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:48 pm
Update: I've just confirmed that the debriefing screen always shows the score of faction 1 (The Resistance) regardless of player's faction in the game. This causes 'wrong' score display when playing as other factions. It also corresponds with Zidane's clue in a former post.
Thanks for investigating this further. This explains why it sometimes seems to work but sometimes it just shows 0.

Is this the same with UA.exe and UA_xp.exe? Kill counting seems to work with UA_xp.exe.

I added this to the first post:
Score counting does not work properly if your faction is not 1

If you are playing as a faction other than 1 (Resistance), score counting does not work properly. It will always count the score of faction 1 which means that it will show the score of your enemy if you are playing against faction 1. If faction 1 is not present on the level, it will show 0.

Player kill counting works with UA_xp.exe but not with UA.exe.
Im in ur base, stalkin ur hoststation

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:28 am

Ormu wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:18 pm
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:48 pm
Is this the same with UA.exe and UA_xp.exe? Kill counting seems to work with UA_xp.exe.
I think yes. The kill counting may have been reconfigured to work for other factions in Ua_xp.exe so that the player's progress can be tracked, but they probably missed to do the same thing for score counting...
;
;

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:30 am

I've always noticed the following case, so can anyone confirm if this is a bug? :?:

When you save a game for the first time in a level, after re-loading the saved game there will be a tiny loss in your energy recharge rate. :!: Technically, this happens because when the game is first saved in a new level, 'kwfactor' (Kraftwerk-factor) in the save data stores power rating values of all power stations in the level, but the numbers are decreased by one. It only happens once and doesn't occur in subsequent saves.
;
;

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:48 am

I believe I found another bug. Can anyone please confirm this one as well?

When two (or more) host stations from the same faction are occupying the same sector together, if one host station is destroyed and the other host station is subsequently destroyed as well before the energy residue of the first host station killed fully disintegrates, then the sector ownership of the eliminated faction will not be transferred to the faction who killed them.

Note that this is distinct from the sector ownership transfer bug which happens when a host station gets destroyed from hostile power sources rather than by units.
;
;

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:27 am

I've never noticed either of these, but these are definitely worth investigating.

The sector ownership bug is still a mystery. It does not occur every time when an enemy station gets destroyed by power drain instead of weapons. It's also strange that I've encountered it especially often on Death Valley. Checking that level might reveal something... or not.

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:58 pm

It appears that when the database for the power stations in a level are created in a save game, any new kwfactor entries added seem to get stored with their power values reduced by one.

Ormu wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:27 am
I've never noticed either of these, but these are definitely worth investigating.

The sector ownership bug is still a mystery. It does not occur every time when an enemy station gets destroyed by power drain instead of weapons. It's also strange that I've encountered it especially often on Death Valley. Checking that level might reveal something... or not.
About the latter bug: Interestingly, I did figured this out on Death Valley, where two Myko Stations always stick next to each other in their main base while occupying the same power station sector, which allows the player to easily destroy them in succession.

I saved the game just before destroying them, and noticed that the sector ownership wasn't transferred when I haven't damaged their power stations at all. So I reloaded the game, tried different things until I noticed that I should have to wait for the energy residue of the first destroyed host station to fully disintegrate, as long as the other host station(s) are still present on the same sector.
;
;

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:13 pm

Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:30 am
I've always noticed the following case, so can anyone confirm if this is a bug? :?:

When you save a game for the first time in a level, after re-loading the saved game there will be a tiny loss in your energy recharge rate. :!: Technically, this happens because when the game is first saved in a new level, 'kwfactor' (Kraftwerk-factor) in the save data stores power rating values of all power stations in the level, but the numbers are decreased by one. It only happens once and doesn't occur in subsequent saves.
Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:58 pm
It appears that when the database for the power stations in a level are created in a save game, any new kwfactor entries added seem to get stored with their power values reduced by one.
I can confirm this. And I think I may have actually noticed this previously. I did some tests:

1. Start Sibuna (note: after completing all levels and re-enabling this via user.txt) and save it immediately. Energy absorption meter shows +350/100%. Quit and reload it - energy absorption is still +350/100%.

2. Start Sibuna, create a Power station 2+ next to your existing one and beam onto it. Energy absorption is +460/65%. Save the mission and reload it. Energy absorption is +458/65%.

3. Start Maze Wayz and beam onto one of the existing power stations. I tried the one with Bronsteijns waiting for you. Energy absorption is +88/25%. Save the game and reload it - energy absorption is +85/24%.

So does this actually happen only when you energy absorption rate is below 100%? I took a very quick look at the source and didn't notice anything special. I suspect that this might be some sort of an error in the energy absorption calculations. This is worth further investigation and I also added it to the first post:
Energy absorption rate is not preserved after saving and reloading

When you save a mission for the first time and reload it afterwards, you may notice that your energy absorption rate has decreased slightly. This only occurs after the first save. If you save and reload again, it does not occur. Also, this may not occur if your energy absorption rate is 100% when you save the game, but this has not been confirmed. The exact cause of this bug is not yet known.
edit: What you said seems to be true because the power stations are saved with a rating of 127 while they have a rating of 128 in the scripts. Is the data type (signed vs unsigned etc.) interpreted differently in different places? The rating seems to get saved as if it was a signed integer. But it's probably interpreted as unsigned elsewhere.

I also found an incompatibility between UA.exe and UA_xp.exe: if you save a mission in UA_xp.exe, you can't reload it in UA.exe. This was printed into ypa_log:

Code: Select all

PARSE ERROR: script save:test/0.sgm line #4202 unknown keyword is_user_robo.
There may be other compatibility issues as well and I think I'll collect them into this thread as well.

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:19 pm

Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:48 am
I believe I found another bug. Can anyone please confirm this one as well?

When two (or more) host stations from the same faction are occupying the same sector together, if one host station is destroyed and the other host station is subsequently destroyed as well before the energy residue of the first host station killed fully disintegrates, then the sector ownership of the eliminated faction will not be transferred to the faction who killed them.

Note that this is distinct from the sector ownership transfer bug which happens when a host station gets destroyed from hostile power sources rather than by units.
I added this information to the first post as well.

To everyone reading this: If you encounter this bug (enemy sectors are not transfered to you after you destroy all their host stations) please report it here and describe the circumstances in as much detail as possible.