Known bugs of UA

For those of us who are curious and like to poke around in the game's data files and scripts as well as glitching. Caters to anything from unit/building stats to level data to telling how to glitch and stories of game errors.
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Known bugs of UA

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:25 pm

Zidane wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:01 pm
Division by 1000 and just shift register by 10 bits to right.
Shifting is much faster, but it's in debriefing, where no 3d and other computations.... looks like that do by different people in different time.
Right? I had the same impression here too. With multiple developers involved in writing a code for the game engine, some may have opt for memory allocation efficiency while the others preferred a real-time precision. Especially considering the inconsistency between the parts where certain integers are applied...
;--------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:48 pm

Update: I've just confirmed that the debriefing screen always shows the score of faction 1 (The Resistance) regardless of player's faction in the game. This causes 'wrong' score display when playing as other factions. It also corresponds with Zidane's clue in a former post.
;
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:18 pm

Zidane: Thanks for information. Looks like someone wanted to optimize but someone else ignored it. :|
CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:48 pm
Update: I've just confirmed that the debriefing screen always shows the score of faction 1 (The Resistance) regardless of player's faction in the game. This causes 'wrong' score display when playing as other factions. It also corresponds with Zidane's clue in a former post.
Thanks for investigating this further. This explains why it sometimes seems to work but sometimes it just shows 0.

Is this the same with UA.exe and UA_xp.exe? Kill counting seems to work with UA_xp.exe.

I added this to the first post:
Score counting does not work properly if your faction is not 1

If you are playing as a faction other than 1 (Resistance), score counting does not work properly. It will always count the score of faction 1 which means that it will show the score of your enemy if you are playing against faction 1. If faction 1 is not present on the level, it will show 0.

Player kill counting works with UA_xp.exe but not with UA.exe.
Im in ur base, stalkin ur hoststation

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:28 am

Ormu wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:18 pm
CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:48 pm
Is this the same with UA.exe and UA_xp.exe? Kill counting seems to work with UA_xp.exe.
I think yes. The kill counting may have been reconfigured to work for other factions in Ua_xp.exe so that the player's progress can be tracked, but they probably missed to do the same thing for score counting...
;
;

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:30 am

I've always noticed the following case, so can anyone confirm if this is a bug? :?:

When you save a game for the first time in a level, after re-loading the saved game there will be a tiny loss in your energy recharge rate. :!: Technically, this happens because when the game is first saved in a new level, 'kwfactor' (Kraftwerk-factor) in the save data stores power rating values of all power stations in the level, but the numbers are decreased by one. It only happens once and doesn't occur in subsequent saves.
;
;