Urban Assault goes YouTube

New here? Introduce yourself to all the fellow Urban Assault players here!
CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

Re: Urban Assault goes YouTube

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:40 pm

I apologise about the delayed response. I was going to post earlier, but it appears that I'll be quite busy for a while due to a small research project. But I'll try my best to catch up later. Once again, I'd like to express my gratitude to Felishya for providing new UA contents to enjoy. :D

I'd like to see this playthrough series has a more permenant residence somewhere around here, with added support for video previews via custom BBCodes or embed methods so that the videos can be displayed and watched directly within the posts. It remains to be seen!
;------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “
Special thanks to CERNBox!

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

ReichsRitter
Firefly
Firefly

Post by ReichsRitter » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:45 pm

I wonder where are all those crazy French guys who used to dominate the multiplayer scene of this game... :) They had their own French UA forums too, right? Maybe someone should let them know about this?

Felishya
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Felishya » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:20 am

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:40 pm
I'd like to see this playthrough series has a more permenant residence somewhere around here, with added support for video previews via custom BBCodes or embed methods so that the videos can be displayed and watched directly within the posts. It remains to be seen!
That would be so cool ♥

Next episode is online!
Urban Assault 1998 Walkthrough #04 🔹 Surprise! Encounter the Taerkasten
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hAqUr0_qzM

ReichsRitter
Firefly
Firefly

Post by ReichsRitter » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:40 am

Ah, the Taerkastens. The Templar/Teutonic Knights of the late 21st future global conflict. :P

I found it funny that even in this early mission, if you just hang around then either Ghorkov or Taerkasten will usually kill off one another before their energy runs out (since they have no power stations). In the case of Ghorkovs if they retain and send those pre-deployed high-flying Ghargoil 2 squads to the Flying Fortress after spotting it early.

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:30 am

@Felishya

I think your playthrough would make a prime example of video walkthrough for UA campaigns. Would you mind if I add the links of your videos into our Wiki section as a part of visual level guide? That would be very helpful for people who want a visual walkthrough rather than a text guide found in many places. ;)

Many thanks for liberating Hyde Park; aside from the campus, that's where I spent my spare time back in South Kensington area of London when I was an MSci student at ICL (in real life :) ). Virgin Steel and Skull Alley missions are done gracefully as well, the Ghorkovs occupying those urban sectors stood no chance.

ReichsRitter wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:45 pm
I wonder where are all those crazy French guys who used to dominate the multiplayer scene of this game... :) They had their own French UA forums too, right? Maybe someone should let them know about this?
Yes, there is a French UA forums as well as a Japanese UA community. :D I'm not sure how active they are now since the last time I checked, all UA communities are quite inactive in general, and that includes us. Nevertheless, it would be awesome if they can be informed about this new Metropolis Dawn UA channel!

ReichsRitter wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:40 am
Ah, the Taerkastens. The Templar/Teutonic Knights of the late 21st future global conflict. :P
Haha, that is so true! :lol:

ReichsRitter wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:40 am
I found it funny that even in this early mission, if you just hang around then either Ghorkov or Taerkasten will usually kill off one another before their energy runs out (since they have no power stations). In the case of Ghorkovs if they retain and send those pre-deployed high-flying Ghargoil 2 squads to the Flying Fortress after spotting it early.
I've also seen the pre-deployed Ghargoil 2 squadrons of the Ghorkovs destroying the Flying Fortress in this mission. But since they cannot be replaced here, and Ghargoils are rather minimally effective against host stations unless massed or controlled by players, the Taerkastens destroying Turantul I with their Eisenhans was a more common sight, being a medium tank unit that is already quite powerful against host stations.
;------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “
Special thanks to CERNBox!

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!