Help needed please.

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
Gizmologic
Firefly
Firefly

Help needed please.

Post by Gizmologic » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:49 pm

Firstly id like to say hello to everyone i played this fantastic game when i was a child and decided i had to play it again, not only has this site helped with 99% of the problems i had but helped me get to game up and running again fully -1 problem :D

now onto my main question which has caused me to create an account and ask for all your wisdom currently i can only play the game in software mode any time i try to use the primary display driver it all seems fine till you load into a game, upon which you are greeted with pretty much a black screen with the hud and anything else appear it kinda does the old windows 95 thing where you could drag the box around and fill the screen. ive tried sooo much to no avail and im really hopeful some one here can help.

thanks again all Chris

see attachment for a picture of the problem
Attachments
problem using primary display driver.png

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Help needed please.

Post by Ormu » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Welcome to the forums.

What operating system are you using? What sort of hardware?

Is DrawPrimitive enabled in UA options? I think I've seen similar problems occurring when it's not enabled.
Image Im in ur base, stalkin ur hoststation

Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

Gizmologic
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Gizmologic » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:26 am

Thanks you for taking the time to reply.

Im currently using windows 10 and hardware is 8700k-1080ti-16gb 3000mhz ddr4

draw primitive wasnt enabled but after spending the whole day looking through the forums i saw one of your other members post a link to a full file including source, which i can happily say fixed all my problems. what i will do tho is remember this so should i ever install it from my disk again ill try that.
Its fantastic to see a community no matter how small still support this game truely was a fantastic childhood memory, after i played a UA demo from a disk i had to own it.

i saw mention of a discord chat is it still active?

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:59 am

UA Source is a good solution for modern systems, of course.

The Discord channel is active. Check the link on the front page.
Image Im in ur base, stalkin ur hoststation

Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...