- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:29 am
I'm reinstalling this game on a purposely-built retrogaming PC with P4 2.2GHz, Radeon 9800 Pro, Diamond Monster Sound MX300 (Aureal Vortex 2) and 98/XP dual-boot (the game behaves the same on both 98 and XP).
There are three things that I want to get working:
1. the music. I can't hear the music. Is this game supposed to have music? There's a volume slider for the music. Where's the music? Was it CD-DA?
2. nGlide. This game supports 3dfx Voodoos. Can I make it work with nGlide?
3. Widescreen Full HD. Can I get this game to work in 16:9? Can I get it to work in 1080p?
- BlackSect Creator
- Posts: 895
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:16 am
- Location: USA
https://github.com/Marisa-Chan/UA_sourc ... lling-game
Should get you going!
- Turantul 1 (Veteran)
- Posts: 863
- Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:59 pm
- Location: Finland
1) Yes, it is CD audio. The music tracks are stored on the CD as standard CD audio tracks (starting from track 2; track 1 is data) and read directly from the disk by the game when the CD is in the drive. If it still doesn't work, check that CD audio lines are not muted. Virtual drive should work as long as the disc image has all the tracks.
2) Glide is not mentioned in the original Readme or Help files so I'm not sure if UA can use the Glide API or if it works with the nGlide wrapper. The best way to find this out is trial and error.
I had a computer with Voodoo3 and tried UA on it but I think there wasn't an option for Glide. I'm not at all sure, and I sold that computer away some time ago.
3) There is a resolution patch by CharlotteLabyrinth, see:
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest