UA:Source

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Re: UA:Source

Post by GoldStar611 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:15 am

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:48 pm
Zidane, would you mind if I update the main post to include the latest build release (0.94-6) with fixed UA_Source.exe included in it as well?

Despite the new method of compiling on Windows, it seems that many people are accustomed to downloading the pre-compiled package builds...
Which method are you using to compile for windows? I'd be interested in having/updating my build scripts.

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:32 am

GoldStar611 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:15 am
Which method are you using to compile for windows? I'd be interested in having/updating my build scripts.
This one
合体! ライオカイザー

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:24 am

I think there might be a new problem with the debriefing part in the latest build. I haven't tested if this issue is directly present in the latest compilable repository available now. But using the .exe release from 17 Feb (which we used to debug 0.94-6 before), it contains a weird bug during the debriefing sequence.

It is a bit hard to explain, and I do not know all the variables and circumstances about what exactly causes this problem to occur. But occasionally, the debriefing sequence seems to begin with nothing happening on the screen initially, and only starts to update after a certain time period in the mission has been elapsed. I'll add more details later.

If this bug has been already fixed in the latest build, then please disregard this post!
;------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “
Special thanks to CERNBox!

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:40 am

I forgot to report this earlier, but some time before I've received a message that this method of compiling on Windows does not work anymore.

Apparently the error occurs at this part:

Code: Select all

make msys -j 4
I have not tested it myself recently, but could you please look into it later?
;
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:22 am

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:40 am
I forgot to report this earlier, but some time before I've received a message that this method of compiling on Windows does not work anymore.

Apparently the error occurs at this part:

make msys -j 4
I have not tested it myself recently, but could you please look into it later?
I see only warnings and it produce me normal exe. Yes I know this warnings and wanted eliminate it with next update but stuck on strange error occur with lists.
So I think to just correct it for now.

Thanks.
合体! ライオカイザー

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:34 am

Found what cause it. They modify child list of unit from update code of missile that was in child list of child list of child list:

[base] ---> [commander] ---> [units] ---> [missiles]
          /\               /\                \/
          +----------------+-----modify------+
That is bad because it's invalidate next unit pointers while we iterate it. Looks like bug because in original game it's also can broke update cycle and some units can be not updated at this time.
Last edited by Zidane on Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
合体! ライオカイザー

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:07 pm

That's quite interesting. Thanks for the prompt action, Zidane! ;) Is this bug currently only occurs with MSYS2? I don't recall having a problem with the other compilation methods before. (Also, commander = robo or squad leader here?)

I think I also omitted to make a report about the other issues I found in the past (post 0.94-5). I believe I made a note for them, but I couldn't localise the problem. So I'll have to see if I can replicate them first when I have some free time later...
;
;

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:34 pm

https://github.com/Marisa-Chan/UA_sourc ... 5b921f7a58
This already fix compilation warnings. I've compile current version and place link in first post
合体! ライオカイザー