UA:Source

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
String_Relativity
Firefly
Firefly

Re: UA:Source

Post by String_Relativity » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:04 am

Did not realize the "latest builds" were actual links, embarrassing!
I did learn alot about .exe creation though!

Thanks heaps, hope it works well.

Edit: Its working now and its quite nice!
Text does not display on the menus or in-game (only numbers display)
Double checked i had the fonts in the right place, still working on finding the problem.

Really awesome to be playing again however thanks to all the work done on UA_Source!

https://imgur.com/a/eIgNm8P
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe,
think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
- Nikola Tesla

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:13 pm

String_Relativity wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:04 am
Did not realize the "latest builds" were actual links, embarrassing!
I did learn alot about .exe creation though!

Thanks heaps, hope it works well.

Edit: Its working now and its quite nice!
Text does not display on the menus or in-game (only numbers display)
Double checked i had the fonts in the right place, still working on finding the problem.

Really awesome to be playing again however thanks to all the work done on UA_Source!

https://imgur.com/a/eIgNm8P
Did you copy lng files from build archives? it's extracted texts from dll languages for work on any platform and not only windows.
合体! ライオカイザー

cedi4155476
Firefly
Firefly

Post by cedi4155476 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:12 pm

I still have problems with my joystick.
I did all the mappings and every button and axis does what it should, but my throttle is still too weak. I am not sure if its just my joystick, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, which is causing that problem (I dont have any other games to test it out) or if it really is something else.
I tried to make a map so when I use full speed it should press forward on the keyboard, but that seems to activate some kind of maximal input at the same time blockade. So when I go full speed I cant turn around or aim higher anymore.

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Thu May 02, 2019 4:28 pm

cedi4155476 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:12 pm
I still have problems with my joystick.
I did all the mappings and every button and axis does what it should, but my throttle is still too weak. I am not sure if its just my joystick, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, which is causing that problem (I dont have any other games to test it out) or if it really is something else.
I tried to make a map so when I use full speed it should press forward on the keyboard, but that seems to activate some kind of maximal input at the same time blockade. So when I go full speed I cant turn around or aim higher anymore.
Very strange. I will try rebuild it with newer version of SDL. Also, try to test input on Windows joystick test dialog in control panel.
合体! ライオカイザー

cedi4155476
Firefly
Firefly

Post by cedi4155476 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:37 pm

throttle.png
throttle.png (1.43 KiB) Viewed 568 times
I can get to the full end on both sides.
Could it be a problem with the logitech profiler?
Sadly I already thrown away my old joystick with which I played the original UA without problems.
I also realised, its more like a trigger, it only reacts nearly at full power or full reverse.

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Fri May 03, 2019 2:32 am

cedi4155476 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:37 pm
throttle.png
I also realised, its more like a trigger, it only reacts nearly at full power or full reverse.
It's reacts like this in joystick config dialogue? If so (arrows do a leap) it's big dead zone configured(hope it's can be calibrated or configured) or defined in joystick driver or designed in hardware.
But if arrows do smooth reaction and not a leap to min or max - it's looks like a bug or incompatiblity in sdl.
合体! ライオカイザー

cedi4155476
Firefly
Firefly

Post by cedi4155476 » Fri May 03, 2019 12:25 pm

I did some testing and everything works fine in the control panel, I can do small movements and it recognised that. I did some different things in the logitech profiler but nothing worked. Even when I deactivated the logitech profiler still no change (but good to know I dont need that).
So it really feels like, it has to do something with the sdl.
Maybe because of the mapping. I needed to switch the sideways turn with the throttle so maybe because the sideways turn hasnt got the same range as the throttle this happens?
Well after some testing it seems like it only activates when I use the throttle to 90% and then it doesnt change if I go to 100%.

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Fri May 03, 2019 1:58 pm

cedi4155476 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:25 pm
I did some testing and everything works fine in the control panel, I can do small movements and it recognised that. I did some different things in the logitech profiler but nothing worked. Even when I deactivated the logitech profiler still no change (but good to know I dont need that).
So it really feels like, it has to do something with the sdl.
Maybe because of the mapping. I needed to switch the sideways turn with the throttle so maybe because the sideways turn hasnt got the same range as the throttle this happens?
Well after some testing it seems like it only activates when I use the throttle to 90% and then it doesnt change if I go to 100%.
It's can be if range of values it's reported is smaller than maximal and minimal values that can be. Try to map another axis with full range to this action and if it helps I will do some changes to handle it.
合体! ライオカイザー

cedi4155476
Firefly
Firefly

Post by cedi4155476 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:41 pm

No it doesn't matter which axis I use. It will be slow every time.
I just realised its not only the throttle which is slow, every axis seems to not go to 100%
when I aim up and down with the joystick it is slower then using the keyboard or the small "bumper" on the joystick. I think I already had that with the old joystick on the original UA but there I just used the keyboard if I needed to make fast turning. But the speed was normal there. Strange.

String_Relativity
Firefly
Firefly

Post by String_Relativity » Tue May 07, 2019 4:07 pm

Tried the lng files several times but it actually ended up being my UA install i think.

Reinstalled the whole thing and now its working great.

Appreciate all the help!
“If you want to find the secrets of the universe,
think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”
- Nikola Tesla