IMPORTANT: Japanese Urban Assault website

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

IMPORTANT: Japanese Urban Assault website

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:54 am

こんにちは、みんな!

あなたは(カウンターサービス終了で不明に・・)HIT目のアーバンアサルトファンです。

I don't know Japanese, but I used the Translator to make something.

Hi guys! Happy New Year! 謹賀新年! 明けましておめでとうございます! I knew I should've remembered to inform to all of you WAY before about this, but I forgot. Anyway, have you guys heard about, or seen UA has a few Japanese forums or websites before?

Here is the main website of Japanese (日本語) Urban Assault:
http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~urban-assault/

Also, this is the link for the downloads of a few tools, that might POSSIBLY be some of the best UA tools ever (particularly the "skipmovie" and "apcap" tool [it takes screenshots, but we have Fraps too for that purpose]), but I haven't had tested any of them, because I'm still working on the 1.2.01 beta:
http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~urban-assault/otosu.htm

Finally this is the screenshot section, you can click on any number to visit a particular user and look all of his/her screenshots submitted.
http://gigant.uijin.com/
http://gigant.uijin.com/Khygiene.htm
Khygiene has the most screenies, but I was surprised the first time I saw all of them :o Their modding is quite exaggerated, but also quite awesome.

http://i.imgur.com/tRh8HHM.png

I hope we can bring one UA player from Japan with or without the UA game in Japanese language ( 日本語 ) to our forums, I REALLY would like to know one of them, and I'm sure you guys too.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

Leather Jacket
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: IMPORTANT: Japanese Urban Assault website

Post by Leather Jacket » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:43 pm

I remember that you gave me that link a loong ago but since back then i was quite busy due to school i didnt take a closer look into that website.

Still wondering it there is an active community in Japan, or at least as active as this Forums :lol:. If only we could bring one of those players to this forums i think we could learn some things about how they mod UA....

Im also wondering if their Japanese version of UA has the English voices or some unique Japanese Voices.
[Also known as Lloyd / DynaToxic]
UA Frontier: The Return of The Resistance Mod - 3%
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slow but Deadly.. We are the Taerkastens

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:04 am

I think Ormu already made a first reference to that site long time ago : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8&start=10#p12177
Although back then I had stumbled upon there on my own...

There are many other UA Japanese sites out there as well, for example like this one which is their version of modding guides : http://www3.pf-x.net/~t-kjm/urban/index.htm
Unfortunately it looks like most other sites I know are now defunct. :(
LloydJara wrote:Im also wondering if their Japanese version of UA has the English voices or some unique Japanese Voices.
I am pretty sure they have their own voiceovers!

If anyone is interested: Urban Assault was officially released in following languages - English, French, German, and Japanese.

Japanese version is a pure katakana storm. While unit names are understandable for obvious reasons, even building and level names are verbatim translated into katakana so they sound... pretty awkward. Thankfully briefings were translated naturally. :lol:
;--------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Leather Jacket
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Leather Jacket » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:58 pm

Also this one: http://fu-min.vis.ne.jp/urban_c2.htm

I always through UA was only released on English, French and German.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:47 pm

Quite a nice collection of modding pictures there. The Japanese community seems to be relatively active too, but their work is quite unknown outside the Japanese-speaking world.
Image Im in ur base, stalkin ur hoststation

Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

Wolfeingmer
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Wolfeingmer » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Well Im not surprise of how the japanese modded the game. We all know how skillful they are for videogames.

But Im impresed this game reach that place. I guess a japanese guy found the game and translate for their language I don't think Microsoft as company to sell american games in japanese markets specially in those times...but I could be wrong hehe.

It is quite interesting. Well I guess some of us we can go to their forums and try to contact at least one of them hopin they speak english or else using google translate and speak like you are stupid.

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:32 am

As I wrote above, for some reason UA was also "officially" released in Japanese (I know, it's even more peculiar especially when considering in that time standard) with a full localisation of game contents. Back then they even had their official site in Japanese somewhere, but the links are lost. :geek:

This is the front CD cover of Japanese UA.

This is a link to the most recent Japanese blog article that describes UA installation process on Windows 7 (notice the installer language)

At the very least, some traces of evidence are still can be found in Microsoft section under Credits of HELP documents.
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:04 am

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:As I wrote above, for some reason UA was also "officially" released in Japanese (I know, it's even more peculiar especially when considering in that time standard) with a full localisation of game contents. Back then they even had their official site in Japanese somewhere, but the links are lost. :geek:

This is a link to the most recent Japanese blog article that describes UA installation process on Windows 7 (notice the installer language)

At the very least, some traces of evidence are still can be found in Microsoft section under Credits of HELP documents.
It is a shame that the links are lost, and it will take a while to find a link to download the full game in Japanese (including japanese text from their "Language.dll" file, and voice clips), but even so, it is a very good discovery, although we can't lose our hopes yet, only it will take time.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

Leather Jacket
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Leather Jacket » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:49 pm

Aside from the Japanese Websites i think you guys should watch this:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28129507 < It was uploaded today 02/02/16

I made an account on nicovideo and i wrote a comment there, i will see if i can bring her here.
If i have any news i will post them here.

Leather Jacket
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Leather Jacket » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:09 pm

Sorry for doubleposting but..

http://www.nicovideo.jp/search/urban%20assault

Here's the ful UA video search on nicovideo, they're not all related to UA, but that's a spark of hope with the Japanese Community.