UA:Source

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: UA:Source

Post by Zidane » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:35 pm

Good news I'm finally complete first version of network library(actually it's third version, because first two are was bad planned).
Now I can begin implement network layer in UA.
合体! ライオカイザー

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:23 am

Hi Zidane! That is great news. I am very glad that you are still with us and working on improving the game :) I also look forward to your updates on GitHub :)

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Zidane wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:10 pm
Ormu wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:13 pm
I noticed this with UA Source. Does such a bug exist in the original game as well? The AI host station is (probably) on the sector marked with the arrow. If you try to construct a building into that sector, the energy is consumed but the building doesn't appear.
Please try this 0.94-4
Looks like this problem is gone!
Im in ur base, stalkin ur hoststation

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:35 pm

I found some bugs:

1) Waypoints are not set correctly. The first waypoint does not go to the correct location when you try to set it. The subsequent waypoints do, but the unit doesn't always seem to follow them correctly. See the Rhino in the screenshot below.
UA_source_waypoints_bug.png
Rhino has incorrect waypoints
2) Some keys are identified with different names compared to original UA. I played on my laptop and wanted to set left/right turn to K/Ö. The "Ö" is detected as "Grave accent" by original UA, but UA Source detects it as "Semicolon". Neither of these is correct, but this difference means that original configurations may not be compatible with UA Source. There were other problematic keys as well, such as + and ´

This computer is Thinkpad T410 with Finnish keyboard.

If fixing this takes too much work, I'm not sure if it's necessary. I've not noticed this problem with the default configuration (arrows for turning, numpad for map etc) so most people won't probably encounter this problem.

3) Some resolutions are not supported. This laptop has a 1280x800 screen but that resolution is not supported. The closest is 1280x720 which is OK, but when using fullscreen mode, it's stretched to the entire screen which makes it look blurry. I have set the GPU to preserve aspect ratio and it works with the original game (black bars are added to the left/right borders) but UA Source still gets stretched.

Some other resolutions that might be needed but are not supported, I think:
1366x768
1920x1200
2560x1600
How about 1600x1200 and 3840x2160? Or ultrawide resolutions such as 3440x1440? Is it possible or practical to detect the available resolutions dynamically?

This is the latest Github version which I compiled manually on Windows 7, 32bit, using Msys2/MinGW-W64 and (mostly) default build options.

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:24 am

Ormu wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:35 pm
I found some bugs:

1) Waypoints are not set correctly. The first waypoint does not go to the correct location when you try to set it. The subsequent waypoints do, but the unit doesn't always seem to follow them correctly. See the Rhino in the screenshot below.

UA_source_waypoints_bug.png

2) Some keys are identified with different names compared to original UA. I played on my laptop and wanted to set left/right turn to K/Ö. The "Ö" is detected as "Grave accent" by original UA, but UA Source detects it as "Semicolon". Neither of these is correct, but this difference means that original configurations may not be compatible with UA Source. There were other problematic keys as well, such as + and ´

This computer is Thinkpad T410 with Finnish keyboard.

If fixing this takes too much work, I'm not sure if it's necessary. I've not noticed this problem with the default configuration (arrows for turning, numpad for map etc) so most people won't probably encounter this problem.

3) Some resolutions are not supported. This laptop has a 1280x800 screen but that resolution is not supported. The closest is 1280x720 which is OK, but when using fullscreen mode, it's stretched to the entire screen which makes it look blurry. I have set the GPU to preserve aspect ratio and it works with the original game (black bars are added to the left/right borders) but UA Source still gets stretched.

Some other resolutions that might be needed but are not supported, I think:
1366x768
1920x1200
2560x1600
How about 1600x1200 and 3840x2160? Or ultrawide resolutions such as 3440x1440? Is it possible or practical to detect the available resolutions dynamically?

This is the latest Github version which I compiled manually on Windows 7, 32bit, using Msys2/MinGW-W64 and (mostly) default build options.
Thanks. Current github version also has some bugs, like owner of sectors on save loading. It will be fixed very soon.

If you use "make" on windows - now it can be build faster by using multi threading by adding "-j 4" to make command line - "make win32 -j 4", where 4 is number of threads. After switching to NetBeans I modify makefile for it because NetBeans use it for building.
合体! ライオカイザー

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:50 pm

Zidane, I'm posting a save game file as we discussed over private messages. It will demonstrate the well-known tank pathing reset bug in UA:Source. I kept its environment as simple as possible. The test level is Mykophobia (L6060.ldf).

Once the leader Fox units are killed, the following Foxes in squads will ignore their designated pathing waypoints around terrains and will divert directly towards their target destination. This bug universally affects all types of ground units as you already know. If you need other types of levels or save files for a testing environment then please inform me.

Incidentally, with this save data I've noticed that once the leader Foxes are destroyed, the waypoint bug reported by Ormu will be visible on the map window. I've always found this waypoint bug in UA:Source annoying (not only it leaves bogus traces on the map screen, occasionally some ground units in a squad will stay at former waypoint locations unless manually updated) so I'd like to see it fixed as well.

EDIT: Case solved, so taking down the save file...
Last edited by CharlotteLabyrinth on Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
;------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;

„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “
Special thanks to CERNBox!

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:17 pm

I think I found another bug: UA Source apparently places .fin and .rst files into the main directory instead of the active save directory, and the names of these files have "n" in them. I played Sibuna in UA Source and now there is a file named "n61.fin" in the main directory. I think there was a file named "n61.rst" when I was playing.

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:34 pm

Ormu wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:17 pm
I think I found another bug: UA Source apparently places .fin and .rst files into the main directory instead of the active save directory, and the names of these files have "n" in them. I played Sibuna in UA Source and now there is a file named "n61.fin" in the main directory. I think there was a file named "n61.rst" when I was playing.
This seems like a temporary bug with the latest github release. :P With the current version, the following issues may occur:
- Aggression level 1 and 2 is not working in squadron manager.

- Creating a new save profile results in an empty save folder, and save data files which should be generated inside the save profile folders are generated in a wrong place - inside the main UA folder instead.

- Save games are corrupted. It might be related to above issue but I haven't verified. Loading a saved game results in following anomalies:

i) All sectors in the level will turn into neutral sectors, the only exceptions are sectors that are occupied by factions' units.

ii) Sectors where new buildings are constructed over after level start will be converted back to their original sector types defined in the level script, with all structures on them fully demolished.

iii) If a host station is placed on a neutral sector, the energy bars display at the top of the screen will disappear.
;
;

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I have absolutely no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:17 am

CharlotteLabyrinth wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:50 pm
Zidane, I'm posting a save game file as we discussed over private messages. It will demonstrate the well-known tank pathing reset bug in UA:Source. I kept its environment as simple as possible. The test level is Mykophobia (L6060.ldf).

Once the leader Fox units are killed, the following Foxes in squads will ignore their designated pathing waypoints around terrains and will divert directly towards their target destination. This bug universally affects all types of ground units as you already know. If you need other types of levels or save files for a testing environment then please inform me.

Incidentally, with this save data I've noticed that once the leader Foxes are destroyed, the waypoint bug reported by Ormu will be visible on the map window. I've always found this waypoint bug in UA:Source annoying (not only it leaves bogus traces on the map screen, occasionally some ground units in a squad will stay at former waypoint locations unless manually updated) so I'd like to see it fixed as well.
Just downloaded it and tested with original UA - and YES, it's bug in vanilla game too!

But this does not mean that it should not be fixed.

With this save bug occur because in save file:
commander unit has no waypoints:

Code: Select all

primary        = 1_0_12600.00_-12600.00_0
    num_wp         = 0
    count_wp       = 0
and if he die - that was copied to him subjects. I think this can happen if only one waypoint remain on commander.
合体! ライオカイザー

CharlotteLabyrinth

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:40 am

Brilliant discovery, Zidane!

Now it clearly explains why this bug occurs in the first place... I've just tested it with vanilla UA, and yes - it does seem to exist in original UA too! :o

Strange how did I missed this before, then it looks like I have formerly made a wrong statement that the bug does not exist in original game in another thread. :oops: Nevertheless, it's always great to know the truth.
;
;