UA:Source

For general topics about Urban Assault and any Urban Assault-related topic that doesn't fit anywhere else. If you're not sure, it probably goes in here.
Felishya
Firefly
Firefly

Re: UA:Source

Post by Felishya » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:19 am

Hey there!

UA:S with the MD Expansions keeps crashing, if the Easy Cheat (Screenshots, Replays ...) for the ENV is active in the .ini. Just found it out. :)

Zidane
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Zidane » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:33 am

Felishya wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:19 am
Hey there!

UA:S with the MD Expansions keeps crashing, if the Easy Cheat (Screenshots, Replays ...) for the ENV is active in the .ini. Just found it out. :)
Please, more info, how I can reproduce it. What steps are needed? Because I didn't get any crash on MD.

What exe build is used? What crash address is reported? Or may be you can give full crash report? Also is this somehow modified MD or vanilla? It's all important because I can localize problem and fix it quick.
合体! ライオカイザー

Felishya
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Felishya » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:06 am

I'll check it in the next days and give you all information that is needed.

Build was 0.94-1 unmodified.
Maybe there was some other issue.

I'll try to reproduce it with MD, Vanilla and modded.

CharlotteLabyrinth
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by CharlotteLabyrinth » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:30 pm

Felishya wrote:
Hey there!
Hello and welcome! :)

Zidane wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:33 am
Felishya wrote:
Please, more info, how I can reproduce it. What steps are needed? Because I didn't get any crash on MD.

What exe build is used? What crash address is reported? Or may be you can give full crash report? Also is this somehow modified MD or vanilla? It's all important because I can localize problem and fix it quick.
I might have experienced similar problems before, but cannot ascertain if it was directly caused by active 'easy_cheat_keys'... :P Rest assured, I'll report back later if I could manage to replicate on my own.
;--------------------------------------------------
;
; Vielleicht der niedlichste Hubi, Knuddel.
;
;--------------------------------------------------
„ Helfen - Wehren - Heilen “

Personal Declaration: I always use different usernames across different websites. Hence if you ever see my username is being used outside of Stoudson Corporation, I absolutely have no affiliation whatsoever with that!

Bennit
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Bennit » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:25 pm

Hey guys, new person here. First, I wanted to give a big thanks to everyone who makes this childhood favorite still work today! I've been reading up on how to get it to work on my current PC. When I saw Source, it was the answer to my prayers! (as I've been trying on and off for years to get it to work) And I'm soooooooo close. As far as I can tell, everything works! (Including the helicopters! Which is the one thing i could never get fixed before) But now, I've hit a new snag. 2 really, but one of them is more of an annoyance rather than a problem.

The joystick doesn't work correctly. When I press the stick in any direction, the camera and units turn left. Up and down work fine. And if i try and if I turn right, it will keep the camera from rotating left.

This appears to be my only obstacle from playing one of my favorite games (at least in the way I want to play it.) any help anyone could give me would be much appreciated! :D

(The other "problem" is that the throttle used to control forward and backward movement. It doesn't now, but mapping them to buttons on my joystick is a good replacement that I can be satisfied with)

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:03 pm

Bennit wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:25 pm
Hey guys, new person here. First, I wanted to give a big thanks to everyone who makes this childhood favorite still work today! I've been reading up on how to get it to work on my current PC. When I saw Source, it was the answer to my prayers! (as I've been trying on and off for years to get it to work) And I'm soooooooo close. As far as I can tell, everything works! (Including the helicopters! Which is the one thing i could never get fixed before) But now, I've hit a new snag. 2 really, but one of them is more of an annoyance rather than a problem.

The joystick doesn't work correctly. When I press the stick in any direction, the camera and units turn left. Up and down work fine. And if i try and if I turn right, it will keep the camera from rotating left.

This appears to be my only obstacle from playing one of my favorite games (at least in the way I want to play it.) any help anyone could give me would be much appreciated! :D

(The other "problem" is that the throttle used to control forward and backward movement. It doesn't now, but mapping them to buttons on my joystick is a good replacement that I can be satisfied with)

Welcome to the forums. Zidane explained joystick configuration in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1589&p=17135#p17135

Have you tried the "alternate joystick tank controls" option? It might be useful for setting the forward/backward movement controls.
Image Im in ur base, stalkin ur hoststation

Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...