Actual Zeppelin usages for Taer MD/Multiplayer

"A fanatical human brotherhood; technology has passed them by in their monastic isolation..."
LloydJara
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Actual Zeppelin usages for Taer MD/Multiplayer

Post by LloydJara » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:46 am

Been making myself this question for a while, and even when MarioSDU6/7 provided me some answers, i'm still wondering.
How many possibles uses may exist for the Zeppelin unit in multiplayer (and Taer MD campaign) given it's a really slow bomber unit with a lot of flaws? (Even when the Wiki says it has some pretty good uses)
Also i'm not sure how many multiplayer maps actually have that unit enabled besides Templar Knights and The Artificial.
Stoudson Wiki wrote: "The Zeppelin may be a vehicle with poor speed (the second lowest vehicle from UA overall), but its strongest points lies on its armor, its bomb, and the large vision it has around. The Zeppelin has the highest armor from all UA vehicles and is the most expensive Taerkasten vehicle they can build, which that makes it extremely hard to destroy, even with the best and most devastating vehicles against it. Its bomb is the strongest from all UA bombs, as it can devastate entire squads of ground units from a single blow, even it's able to destroy the most armored ground unit, namely a fully upgraded Leonid with AI command. If the bombs hit other enemy AI host stations, it can cause quite extensive damage from 900 until 1800 damage depending on the Host Station armor setting (but this almost never happen because of the Zeppelin's slow speed).

The Zeppelin's strenghts have many weaknesses, from which some of them are fatal. For example, the Zeppelin's slow speed makes it vulnerable to constant fighter attacks, and the worst part is that its height is not high enough to save it from bombers such as Marauders, Myko Bombers, Ghargoil 3s, etc. It's also big, which that means it can be hit very easily by other enemy vehicles. It has also the slowest rotation from all UA vehicles and this can be a problem at the time of see which enemies are behind the Zeppelin attacking it. Unless user-controlled that can drive the Zeppelin to more heights and so to survive against fighters and bombers, it's basically useless against large groups of enemy anti-air squads. They are easy to destroy unless the units are below the Zeppelin, which most times it doesn't happen and the air fighers usually win over the Zeppelin. Overall, the Zeppelin is able to withstand many hits no matter where come from before dying and counterattack the enemies with ease. The problems arise when the enemy fighters and bombers attack it from all sides and from front especially, and once this happen, the problems begin and the Zeppelin is done for. Ironically, its bomb is the strongest from all UA bombs and the vehicle also has the worst rotation. But yeah, better said than done! "
UA Frontier: The Return of The Resistance Mod - Currently on Hiatus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slow but Deadly.. We are the Taerkastens

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Actual Zeppelin usages for Taer MD/Multiplayer

Post by Ormu » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:25 pm

Radar, static defense, general deterrent, perhaps...

Someone once said that you can push the Zeppelin to great heights if you shoot it from below when it's being created and then use it to attack it without getting hit by enemy defenses. I haven't tried this myself but it sounds like a nasty trick. :P
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

CuSToM_94
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Post by CuSToM_94 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 am

Ormu wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:25 pm

Someone once said that you can push the Zeppelin to great heights if you shoot it from below when it's being created and then use it to attack it without getting hit by enemy defenses. I haven't tried this myself but it sounds like a nasty trick. :P
I once did that trick, be I used "TAB" to shoot very high, then created it and sent it to an enemy. He was busy fighting me until that Zeppelin reached his power station and destroyed it. I almost forget that I made it and I was wondering why he was upset at me :lol:

LloydJara
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by LloydJara » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:21 am

CuSToM_94 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 am
Ormu wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:25 pm

I once did that trick, be I used "TAB" to shoot very high, then created it and sent it to an enemy. He was busy fighting me until that Zeppelin reached his power station and destroyed it. I almost forget that I made it and I was wondering why he was upset at me :lol:
Sounds really annoying. I should try it one day hahaha. :lol:

Like Ormu said, i think it could potentially work as a bulky radar creating it where you want to scout, since it moves really slowly and while reaching its place to scout the enemy it might get destroyed by a plane.
UA Frontier: The Return of The Resistance Mod - Currently on Hiatus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slow but Deadly.. We are the Taerkastens