Reboot of Urban Assault

Urban Assault is an old game and its rare blend of FPS and RTS deserves to be seen again. For those of you who want to start/coordinate projects to make an Urban Assault 2, this is a dedicated forum for you!
Mike_90
Firefly
Firefly

Re: Reboot of Urban Assault

Post by Mike_90 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:29 pm

Please tell me there's some good news on the development. :roll:

Keitan14
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Keitan14 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:02 am

If this does ever get made, could we see a Steam release? I'd pay for it!
I mean, Microsoft doesn't even remember the franchise anymore, so they may not even care we made a sequel as fans... but, if this doesn't work, can we somehow ask Microsoft to make an official sequel? Or if anyone knows the devs?

DaMoS
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by DaMoS » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:03 pm

I'm not sure if there is anybody still working on that even :cry:

Samsaah
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Samsaah » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:09 pm

I did already get excited seeing this thread, but then there were no anything tangible content and author has been inactive for three months :(
It is pity how much many promising projects start and die prematurely or are just talk.

LloydJara
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by LloydJara » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:35 pm

Its seems that he won`t come back or he failed to convince Microsoft.Shame as we all got exited with this...
UA Frontier: The Return of The Resistance Mod - Currently on Hiatus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slow but Deadly.. We are the Taerkastens

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:56 pm

Let's just wait, this isn't the first time when dragonfire967 has been away for several months.

Btw, just a little suggestion: if you want some new ideas, perhaps take a look at Battlezone and BZ II? They're FPRTS games like UA and many of their players know UA too.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

pete_kaboom
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by pete_kaboom » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:58 pm

Pretty much, let's just wait for it. Worst case scenario, we're no better off than before. Besides, nothing really bars us from making a fan sequel (as long as we don't sell it), aside from the lack of artists interested (since I think we have enough technical people & developers to figure out & make the base game :lol: ), regardless of whether MS is willing to sell the rights or not. If the developers want to keep safe & keep their identities confidential enough, the most MS can do (if they get a bit uppity) is to send off a cease & desist letter, then the game can just be taken down & distributed through other channels & the devs can discard their pseudonyms.

But yeah, patience is key, otherwise take action ;)

LloydJara
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by LloydJara » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:46 pm

Ormu wrote:Let's just wait, this isn't the first time when dragonfire967 has been away for several months.

Btw, just a little suggestion: if you want some new ideas, perhaps take a look at Battlezone and BZ II? They're FPRTS games like UA and many of their players know UA too.
Hope he returns as he seems to be the only hope for rebooting UA,none of us could create an independient game as we dont have such knowledge (At least for creating something very similar to UA) unless we ask somebody else to help us on the development of it,yet if we did that the game couldnt be similar to UA (either on mechanics or because it would be copyrighted unless MS gave us the rights)

In the best case,he will come back saying he convinced MS and UA 2 is beign developed.
UA Frontier: The Return of The Resistance Mod - Currently on Hiatus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slow but Deadly.. We are the Taerkastens