Some weird taerkasten units?

"A fanatical human brotherhood; technology has passed them by in their monastic isolation..."
Kataphraktoi
Firefly
Firefly

Re: Some weird taerkasten units?

Post by Kataphraktoi » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:37 pm

MarcOlle wrote:BTW( I think this means 'By The Way')
What is the records of the game? We can put this on wiki, but we have to put the save game link to prove the record...
If you check the tournaments forum, you will find some claimed times without save games. I dont doubt the times cause i can duplicate many claimed times on certain maps(although i lack patience to do the whole campaign that way) but i guess proof is good too...

Taerkasts are great for speed runs with heavily armoured units. Serp a power station, beam in and drop leonids\hammers, GG

On the topic, i suspect the ostwind is just an improvised unit made to cover taerk weakness of no air defence unit similar to weezle, fox, speedy. I just mass em with isenhans and nothing gets through

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:06 am

Kataphraktoi wrote:Taerkasts are great for speed runs with heavily armoured units. Serp a power station, beam in and drop leonids\hammers, GG

On the topic, i suspect the ostwind is just an improvised unit made to cover taerk weakness of no air defence unit similar to weezle, fox, speedy. I just mass em with isenhans and nothing gets through
Yeah, I also do that, but on the real topic, we're talking about which designs were based for the Ostwind, since the launcher was based off on the Katyuska rocket launcher (only converted into SAM launcher), and even if you spam Eisenhans, nothing can outclass the Ostwinds when taking out air units and that.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

Kataphraktoi
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Kataphraktoi » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:25 pm

I meant i combine isenhans with the ostwind so one covers air and one covers ground unit. I agree its a katyusha inspired weapon, the devs are german and the weapon is of great fame anyway.(edit-and obv germans know something about katyusha firing effectiveness...)

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:24 pm

Maybe, but they could convert the Katyuska weapon into a SAM launcher, and although the Eisenhans are good to stay along with Ostwinds, they should have Leonid support, since the Eisenhans can't always do everything on taking out ground units, and Leonids are meant to aid the Eisenhans into taking out enemy squads faster.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens