Some weird taerkasten units?

"A fanatical human brotherhood; technology has passed them by in their monastic isolation..."
garry's waffle
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: Some weird taerkasten units?

Post by garry's waffle » Mon May 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Hetzel is much balanced but that is slow.. anyway I hate slow units

User avatar
MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Some weird taerkasten units?

Post by MarcOlle » Tue May 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Well, all units of taerkasten are slow, except to Serp and phantom, because them has a rocket motor
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
Image
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

garry's waffle
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: Some weird taerkasten units?

Post by garry's waffle » Tue May 11, 2010 4:42 pm

Bronsthingy (how to pronounce teijn..) is soo good. Taerkastik Flying Ion Cannon!

User avatar
MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Some weird taerkasten units?

Post by MarcOlle » Tue May 11, 2010 7:13 pm

But is weak like a scout
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
Image
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

garry's waffle
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: Some weird taerkasten units?

Post by garry's waffle » Wed May 12, 2010 5:32 am

MarcOlle wrote:But is weak like a scout
That is false. Bronsteijn can be ultimate killing machine when controlled by humans.

1 shot kill the flaks and many of other units with long range. and perhaps fast unit.

User avatar
MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Some weird taerkasten units?

Post by MarcOlle » Wed May 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Like a Scout?

Scout is fast and if humans control it, is very hard to scout die.
The only difference is because scout isn't a killing machine
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
Image
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

N3cr0n0mIV
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:00 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Contact:

Re: Some weird taerkasten units?

Post by N3cr0n0mIV » Fri May 14, 2010 7:02 pm

Yes the Bronsteijn is an excellent unit, and probably my favorite out of the Taerkasten vehicles. You can do SO much damage with just one Bronsteijn!

I forget the name of the level where you access the technology to build them, but I remember gathering energy and creating a bunch of Bronsteijn for about 20 minutes before beaming to the next level. That way, if I ever feel the need to use a Bronsteijn in the future, I just go back to that level and put them in the beam gate. :-) Anyone else done this?
- Charley

User avatar
MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Re: Some weird taerkasten units?

Post by MarcOlle » Fri May 14, 2010 8:41 pm

I'll do that, I don't end the game, yet...
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
Image
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

User avatar
leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin
Posts: 799
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:41 pm
Location: To your left. No, your other left.

Re: Some weird taerkasten units?

Post by leftylink » Sat May 15, 2010 4:23 pm

N3cr0n0mIV wrote:Yes the Bronsteijn is an excellent unit, and probably my favorite out of the Taerkasten vehicles. You can do SO much damage with just one Bronsteijn!

I forget the name of the level where you access the technology to build them, but I remember gathering energy and creating a bunch of Bronsteijn for about 20 minutes before beaming to the next level. That way, if I ever feel the need to use a Bronsteijn in the future, I just go back to that level and put them in the beam gate. :-) Anyone else done this?
Yeh, the thing is that penalizes your play time heavily it seems (it adds on the time you originally took to play the level, plus however much extra you took), so I just make one or two, and make sure they always survive. It's a bit limiting, but they are still incredibly useful.
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

N3cr0n0mIV
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:00 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Contact:

Re: Some weird taerkasten units?

Post by N3cr0n0mIV » Tue May 18, 2010 7:27 pm

leftylink wrote:Yeh, the thing is that penalizes your play time heavily it seems (it adds on the time you originally took to play the level, plus however much extra you took), so I just make one or two, and make sure they always survive. It's a bit limiting, but they are still incredibly useful.
I mean I guess if you're going for time attack records and what-not, sitting around creating extra Bronsteijn would take up extra time, haha. I was never really concerned with time though, I just always made about 20-30 of them so if I got pissed off in a future level, I'd go back and beam some Bronsteijn with me :twisted:
- Charley

Post Reply