The Hetzel

"A fanatical human brotherhood; technology has passed them by in their monastic isolation..."
Bons-Eye Bronsteijn
Firefly
Firefly

Re: The Hetzel

Post by Bons-Eye Bronsteijn » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:01 am

Whenever I use the Hetzel, I found it to be fair vs. all targets; air, ground, power stations, radar stations, and the like. However, when I'm against them, I have a deep respect for them, as they can easily rip apart your HS and your heli squads when you least expect it, as CannonFodder100 very well put it:
"Ultimately, the races need some good tech to stand a chance against the aerial marauders, but the Hetzels have some seriously nasty weaknesses, and they really can't assault a host station if the person commanding the host station is relatively prepared."
Well spoken there! ;) :D

Also, when I fly against them with a helo, I find it retro historic. :? I would find myself be seeing the Hetzel's tracers zip past me as if I was in some kind of WW1 aerial duel. I find it to be a strange feeling despite the time period. Yet, I also feel quite intimidated when I see them; their props spinning in a blur, it's rhino like hide, that big rapid-fire cannon in front of the cockpit... :woah: :shock:

Roland985
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Roland985 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:25 am

Not in a falcon or warhammer. But even then you have to watch out.
Lol, how about homing tracer for the hetzel?

ToTo!
Weasel
Weasel

Post by ToTo! » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:49 am

a spam of Hetzels can really put u in a tight spot if they are supported by Phantoms, there's no perfect unit, but in my opinion is really motivating to hear the sound of thousands of hetzel bullets being fired at the enemy at the same time XD that strange whistle sounds really cool

Roland985
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Roland985 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:38 pm

they can indeed...

it gets so annoying if you are bringing lots of wasps for an attack and then they just pop out of nowhere...

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:16 pm

like on pedestal mountain
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

Imricdaelf
Fox
Fox

Post by Imricdaelf » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:35 pm

Brachy UA FREAK wrote:like on pedestal mountain
I *hated* the Hetzels on that level, they tear me to pieces and I can't kill them without being destroyed by tanks.

Though I still have yet to play the expansion or a multiplayer map, I would have to say I prefer the Quadda over the Hetzel because I prefer firepower over armor.

Roland985
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Roland985 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:09 pm

Unlock some falcons, or better yet, do some SSBT (Super Sneaky Backstabber techniques aka beam in and make some tanks!)

More Dakka
Firefly
Firefly

Post by More Dakka » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:13 am

In terms of pure damage output- the Quadda wins. No contest. (Gotta love how quickly it can tear a host station apart. :D )

In terms of versatility however- the Hetzel wins, for it can actually fare surprisingly well against ground targets. (Suffice to say- the Hetzel has been a complete life-saver for me in the Taerkasten campaign.) It's main weakness is against faster aircraft- like Warhammers.

I do think that they're both WAY better than the Gigant though- that's for sure.

If memory and recent experience serve though- the Slime Lord may actually be better than both the Hetzel and Quadda... :P (I could be completely off base with such a thought though. :P )

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:30 am

In terms of damage, Gigant wins. It can do 775 dmg/sec in user control and 1033 dmg/sec in AI control whereas Quadda does 527 dmg/sec (user) and 829 dmg/sec (AI). Gigant is also a lot faster than Quadda.

Slime Lord is a real killer in user-control due to its fast homing weapon, long range and firepower (600 dmg/sec without multipliers, 1200 dmg/sec to hosts etc.). In AI control it suffers from bad reloading time (5 sec).

Gigant, Quadda and Slimelord are all hard to handle as their model only allows them to fly straight horizontally and vertically so shooting upwards or downwards is impossible (in user-control) and changing altitude is very slow.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

Mr. Matt
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Mr. Matt » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:53 pm

The Hetzel is a complete nightmare. Nothing chills the bones more than the wailing sound of those vulcan cannons when you're in a helicopter or a host station. Even tanks sometimes bite the bullet at the hands of the Hetzel. Only the Falcon and the Warhammer (and equivalent units) have no particular reason to fear them, but even so - their armour is incredible for an air unit.

I hate them.

Unless I have them. Then I love them. In large numbers.