The Hetzel

"A fanatical human brotherhood; technology has passed them by in their monastic isolation..."
Nothing But Leonids
Weasel
Weasel

The Hetzel

Post by Nothing But Leonids » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:16 am

My favorite plane is the Hetzel, its fast-reload projectiles tear through all units, including host stations.
Has anyone besides me see a machine gun turret on them but they cannot fire a machine gun?

Let us do a comparison.

Myko - X01 Quad / Ghor - Gigant / Taer - Hetzel

Discuss

My vote goes to Hetzel, high armor allows it to keep firing longer. It is easier to manuever than the X01 Quad and Gigant and it can easily fire on ground units(it doesnt have to be at "eye" level with their target).

Sorry, I do not have the stats for them. I could go into the game and get it but right now I am too lazy. :P

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: The Hetzel

Post by Alfa » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:03 am

The machine gun you see on the plane is the weapon, you goon. The Hetzel's weapon is a "vulcan machine gun", so theres no point in giving it an actual machine gun.

In my Urban Assault, the Hetzel is a sitting duck. My Erazer eats tens of them for side dish.
://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/AlfaGoon/GIMP/cannabitchsig.gif?t=1226184091[/img]

john1352
Ghargoil 3
Ghargoil 3

Post by john1352 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:07 am

With similar reload times the hetzel does 80 damage and the Quadda does 290 damage. The Hetzel is good against bombers and helicopters though.
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/FalconUB.png[/img]

Happy_Hereford
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Happy_Hereford » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:03 pm

Alfa wrote: In my Urban Assault, the Hetzel is a sitting duck. My Erazer eats tens of them for side dish.

Yes, the Falcon (Erazer) or the Warhammer owns Hetzels. But the Hetzel is good against Hornets, ten Hetzels can total a 25-strong Hornet squad (as I found out)

Ladies and gentlemen, HEATHER MORRIS

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Alfa » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:28 am

Choppas were never meant to be anti-aircraft, though. So yeah naturally a plane owns a chopper.
://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/AlfaGoon/GIMP/cannabitchsig.gif?t=1226184091[/img]

O Y ME
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Post by O Y ME » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:33 pm

Sorry but I always will pick the X01 Quadda everytime. Although I much prefer to call them flying coffins since they just kill you in the blink of an eye. Not to mention they almost look like a coffin too. Although speed for it is a weakness considering it's low hit points vs the armor, its deadly firepower makes up for that. Not to mention that they turn around very quickly. So what does this mean? It means that beaming next to a myko host station only gets you killed by its quaddas + the flaks too.
National martial law is finally here.

MorrowFlight
Firefly
Firefly

Post by MorrowFlight » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:31 pm

O Y ME wrote:So what does this mean? It means that beaming next to a myko host station only gets you killed by its quaddas + the flaks too.
Aggressive expansion is only good if you don't stay long enough for them to kill you. I'd still beam in next to a myko.

I prefer the hetzel (unmodded) simply because building 30-40 squads of them can punch through quite alot. 30-40 quaddas are still easy to take down I find.

The Gigant is just too limited in its movement for me. That on top of the fact that I don't have a working joystick, I end up not using them for anything.

The Leonid Guy
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by The Leonid Guy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:33 pm

The Hetzel is a good plane, and definitely a good for Taerkasten players. It could do with more speed, though. I usually send these planes in groups, with Mnosjetz (and sometimes Serps) to destroy the enemy base, then let the Leonids mop up.
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig5.gif[/img]

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Alfa » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:40 pm

It its legendary. Not just here.

Urbana
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Urbana » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:42 am

ja i agree when you see hetzels you know that the taers mean business, i usually use falcons to destroy them but dont go down easilly
I have been away too long. The challenge has waned. They must learn anew the meaning of ph34r
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/TheResistanceUB2-1.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig.gif[/img]