The Leonid Rules

"A fanatical human brotherhood; technology has passed them by in their monastic isolation..."

Who thinks the Leonid is great?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 38

Tation of Taerkasten
Firefly
Firefly

Re: The Leonid Rules

Post by Tation of Taerkasten » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Hello everyone! I see this thread is basically dead, but im new, JUST got back into UA only YESTERDAY and remembered how much i freaking loved this when i had the Demo back in..uhh 99 i think it came out?
The Leonid tank, for me has been the main reason i got so obsessed with the game. I almost cried when i EVENTUALLY found the game for sale and installed it and could only play the Resistance... Still, i played it and loved every minute.
Dont even remember HOW i got to the subject but i came across an Urban Assault video called 'metropolis dawn' and saw him playing as Taerk, low and behold there was an expansion pack.. My crys of sadness became crys of JOY as i frantically
downloaded it and started playing!!!

YES the Leonid is the most BADASS tank to ever be in any video game, just look at it! Full tracks, beastly machine guns blazing as they roll into combat shelling the F**K out of anything in their path.
Just finished the mission where its you (Taerk) against 2 resistance Host stations and spent ages wasting my time using Hetzels(?) planes and said f**k it ill just send my guardian Leonid tank squads to deal with it.. boy did they clear up that little
job :)

Unfortunately the game crashed before i could save it.. is there a patch anywhere?

Anyway, Hi again, so nice to see an Urban Assault forum, i freaking love this game!

Peace!

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:56 pm

Tation of Taerkasten wrote: Unfortunately the game crashed before i could save it.. is there a patch anywhere?
Hi,

As far as I know, there's no patches that would fix the bugs that make UA crash. Reinstalling the game might sometimes help, but if it doesn't crash constantly, probably not. I think there are some bugs that cannot be fixed without disassembling and patching the actual game executable.

Did you get an error message when the game crashed? If not, there might be problems with the game data files (scripts, levels etc, although this is very improbable if you haven't modified the files) and they can usually be fixed.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

Roland985
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Roland985 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:27 am

Hmm, I had some troubles when I had a joystick connected. Or some big drives plugged in. But yeah, the leonid rules the tank arena. No doubt about that....

Tation of Taerkasten
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Tation of Taerkasten » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:25 pm

I only have a CD copy now as the original became lost a while ago!
So that COULD be a problem.. Original UA wont run at all since i had UA xp installed, Ghorkovs are impossible to play as the 1st mission means using gargoils and they wont move unless piloted!! i am aware there is a patch but i have tried and tried and i cant get them to move, its strange, one patch does nothing and the other just removes the construction selection button disappear all together!

I do have an xbox 360 controll plugged in... wonder if that is to blame :o

So happy that there is a UA forum :D

Roland985
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Roland985 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:11 am

Yup, I love this forum too. You can download some background music, look in my sig.
There are some CD ISOs on the FTP, so you can give those a try if you think your CD is to blame. We are all set for 2011 I think. With another onrush of users...

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:25 pm

Tation of Taerkasten wrote:I only have a CD copy now as the original became lost a while ago!
So that COULD be a problem.. Original UA wont run at all since i had UA xp installed, Ghorkovs are impossible to play as the 1st mission means using gargoils and they wont move unless piloted!! i am aware there is a patch but i have tried and tried and i cant get them to move, its strange, one patch does nothing and the other just removes the construction selection button disappear all together!

I do have an xbox 360 controll plugged in... wonder if that is to blame :o

So happy that there is a UA forum :D
Which patches have you tried so far?

That well-known helicopter problem can be fixed in most cases. Check this thread for help:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=825
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

Tation of Taerkasten
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Tation of Taerkasten » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Hey sorry for late reply! GF's family visits n all that shazz..

I have tried two from the downloads section on this game, there were NO readme's with them or on the download page so i just copy n pasted them into scripts in prog files etc etc.. im not at home but will try when i am home, just looking at your link right now :)

Cheers for the help
Peace ^^

HeavyMetal
Firefly
Firefly

Post by HeavyMetal » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:43 am

I personally don't care about driving one myself (too friggin slow) but to see large columns of them ponderously roll into the enemy base is an awesome sight.

Leonid spam for the win.
"What did I get when I joined the Taerkast? Oh right, floating fortresses and flying ion cannons, yeah there's nothing Amish about that..." -HeavyMetal-

"Steampunk is like Lincoln with a gattling gun for an arm and steam driven Star Destroyers."

ThatDutchGuy
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by ThatDutchGuy » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:08 pm

Yeah, i think that the Leonid is the strongest and hardest tank to kill in UA. A tiger shot will do only like 15 damage which isnt a lot when you can take a quater of his :D, although the slowness is a very big downside.
I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. If you have too and you aren't afraid to say it, copy and paste this into your signature.

HeavyMetal
Firefly
Firefly

Post by HeavyMetal » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:18 am

The Leonid...

IT JUST KEEPS COMING!!!
"What did I get when I joined the Taerkast? Oh right, floating fortresses and flying ion cannons, yeah there's nothing Amish about that..." -HeavyMetal-

"Steampunk is like Lincoln with a gattling gun for an arm and steam driven Star Destroyers."