The Leonid Rules

"A fanatical human brotherhood; technology has passed them by in their monastic isolation..."

Who thinks the Leonid is great?

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes: 38

The Leonid Guy
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

The Leonid Rules

Post by The Leonid Guy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:22 pm

Hi. Now that I'm back, I'd like to take this moment to say that there's no better Taerkasten vehicle than the mighty Leonid tank. It's no doubt my favourite (land) vehicle. Why? 'Cause it's strong, has heavy armour (especially when upgraded in Metropolis Dawn), and is the best tank overall. I'm also pretty good at taking out Host Stations & Air Vehicles with it. P.S. I've now completed the Taerkasten MD campaign and Thor's Hammer is also a good tank. :D
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig5.gif[/img]

Urbana
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: The Leonid Rules

Post by Urbana » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:27 pm

I have to admit the leonid is a good tank but against anti tank copters like the wasp, hornet and dragonfly the leonid will get owned, even the tiger is better than the leonid. I once used a tiger to take on 5 leonid tanks before their hetzels got me
I have been away too long. The challenge has waned. They must learn anew the meaning of ph34r
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/TheResistanceUB2-1.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig.gif[/img]

The Leonid Guy
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by The Leonid Guy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:38 pm

Nah, I'm too good at taking out Anti-Tank air vehicles. It's kinda my speciality, and I can use one Leonid tank for quite a long time before being blown up. It's like they say. It's best when you control the vehicles personally, that way you get the best outta them. One of my strategies is to send out the airplanes and light-medium vehicles to take out a lot of the enemies, then send the Leonids to mop up. P.S. It's good to see another South African on the forum. Born there (Cape Town), but moved to the UK in 2005. Went on holiday there a couple of weeks ago, also. :D

Urbana
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Urbana » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:53 pm

The Leonid Guy wrote:Nah, I'm too good at taking out Anti-Tank air vehicles. It's kinda my speciality, and I can use one Leonid tank for quite a long time before being blown up. It's like they say. It's best when you control the vehicles personally, that way you get the best outta them. One of my strategies is to send out the airplanes and light-medium vehicles to take out a lot of the enemies, then send the Leonids to mop up. P.S. It's good to see another South African on the forum. Born there (Cape Town), but moved to the UK in 2005. Went on holiday there a couple of weeks ago, also. :D
It is good to see another South African on the forums, its also good you came out to SA. Too bad this country is such a crap hole. Anyway back onto the topic a mate of mine was also good with the eisanhans and alway mowed down the anti tank copters until i took a firefly and took him to the cleaners for over an hour with 1 firefly
I have been away too long. The challenge has waned. They must learn anew the meaning of ph34r
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/TheResistanceUB2-1.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig.gif[/img]

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Alfa » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:05 pm

Leonid is good, but the tekh-trak owns it. It's faster and has more punch.
://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/AlfaGoon/GIMP/cannabitchsig.gif?t=1226184091[/img]

The Leonid Guy
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by The Leonid Guy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:28 pm

On the other hand, the Leonid is more heavily armoured, so it's harder to destroy.

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Alfa » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:04 pm

The Leonid Guy wrote:On the other hand, the Leonid is more heavily armoured, so it's harder to destroy.
Tekh is cheaper and can be made in larger numbers. Armor doesn't mean squat if you cant move faster than a bicycle.
://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/AlfaGoon/GIMP/cannabitchsig.gif?t=1226184091[/img]

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:02 pm

I don't care about not being able to move Leonids. They don't need to move. I beam the Flying Fortress next to my enemy and create Leonids in their face. Usually that has some good effects.
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Alfa » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:35 pm

Its a question of personal preference. I don't like tanks in general, I love to fly, though.

The Leonid Guy
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by The Leonid Guy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:16 pm

I guess everybody's got their own opinions and I respect that. Either way, Urban Assault is an excellent game. (especially with Leonids). :D