All hail the Serp!!!

"A fanatical human brotherhood; technology has passed them by in their monastic isolation..."
O Y ME
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Re: All hail the Serp!!!

Post by O Y ME » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:31 pm

Quadda25 wrote:Equally skilled players in Multiplayer battles will never, ever be able to mass units on one another. It's constant single unit harassment from both sides which effectively drains your power source to the point of trouble. Not to mention you should never, ever use all of your energy in Multiplayer. You never know!
I learned this the hard way when fighting brachy in a game of resistance vs ghorkovs. Apparently, human tiger tanks kill human speedies. :awsm:
National martial law is finally here.

Urbana
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Urbana » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:08 am

Brilliant Brons eye that is what you call ownage on such a scale. Ive used serps in the taer campaign to take out flak stations and conquer power stations. I also have to agree when the serps are ai controlled they can be real pains in the ass because of them i once lost 120 wasps inm under 3 minutes because of them :cry:

When you use them to attack the other opponents they can be quite the devils at irritating your opponent.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: SO ILL SAY ALL HAIL THE SERP :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have been away too long. The challenge has waned. They must learn anew the meaning of ph34r
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/TheResistanceUB2-1.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig.gif[/img]

Bons-Eye Bronsteijn
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Bons-Eye Bronsteijn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:45 am

"Brilliant Brons eye that is what you call ownage on such a scale. Ive used serps in the taer campaign to take out flak stations and conquer power stations. I also have to agree when the serps are ai controlled they can be real pains in the ass because of them i once lost 120 wasps inm under 3 minutes because of them :cry: When you use them to attack the other opponents they can be quite the devils at irritating your opponent."

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: SO I'LL SAY ALL HAIL THE SERP :mrgreen: :mrgreen: -Urbana
I'm just wondering... are you referring to me? If so, I even try to dodge them whenever I'm piloting a helo. If I see one of those heading toward me, I will hug the terrain so they can't effectively lock onto me so they can shoot me down. However, that usually does not last very long because the enemy can force you away from the ground by sending in armor to shoot you down. Because of that, you'll run the risk of getting it from the Serps! As a result, the same if you drop back down to the ground again; the enemy armor can then rip you apart. Another perfect example of Catch 22. :roll:

This should explain what a Catch-22 is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catch-22_(logic)
Last edited by Bons-Eye Bronsteijn on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tigerhawk71
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Tigerhawk71 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:24 pm

I was banned from using those against my friends.

...I used to send a squad on agression 2 to the other station, and start user-piloted-mass-kamikaze style hounding them. I was amazinlg good at rapidly swapping vehicles.
I am both Devast8tor71 from the old days of UAHQ, and Tigerhawk71.

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Alfa » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:12 pm

Tigerhawk71 wrote:I was banned from using those against my friends.

...I used to send a squad on agression 2 to the other station, and start user-piloted-mass-kamikaze style hounding them. I was amazinlg good at rapidly swapping vehicles.
Why would I even think serps have incredible spammability... Now that's just silly!
://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/AlfaGoon/GIMP/cannabitchsig.gif?t=1226184091[/img]

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:19 am

Tigerhawk71 wrote:I was banned from using those against my friends.

Aww banned? That's no fun... did you get to ban their most annoying vehicle too? No fair... unless you're just too good at that game =P

Pff, why not just let the AI units rush the opponent?

Serps... the new Zerg Rush.

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

... sorry. =D
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

Tigerhawk71
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Tigerhawk71 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:43 pm

the rhino was banned along with the bronny shortly after the initial serp banning. :P
I am both Devast8tor71 from the old days of UAHQ, and Tigerhawk71.

Urbana
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Urbana » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:38 am

Tigerhawk71 wrote:the rhino was banned along with the bronny shortly after the initial serp banning. :P
That sucks looks like some people cant take being owned by others skills. By using serps, rhinos and bronsteijns you own the field and your opponents cant stop you.If you ask me i like all the above vehicles and believe that they should not be banned instead they should be ph34r3d
I have been away too long. The challenge has waned. They must learn anew the meaning of ph34r
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/TheResistanceUB2-1.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig.gif[/img]

Alkarii
Weasel
Weasel

Post by Alkarii » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:44 pm

meh... I prefer not to take the easy way out and use those units. The way I see it, it doesn't show any skill at all. Last time I was able to get multiplayer to work, I was able to keep up a solid defense with just a couple Yangs, and I attacked with my Tekh Traks. Granted, it took forever because I'm on dail-up (DSL isn't available here, and I'm right outside the state's largest city), but still... It takes the fun out of it if you swarm with the serps or shoot at them with a Rhino from B.F.E.

Happy_Hereford
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Happy_Hereford » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:28 am

Alkarii wrote:meh... I prefer not to take the easy way out and use those units. The way I see it, it doesn't show any skill at all. Last time I was able to get multiplayer to work, I was able to keep up a solid defense with just a couple Yangs, and I attacked with my Tekh Traks. Granted, it took forever because I'm on dail-up (DSL isn't available here, and I'm right outside the state's largest city), but still... It takes the fun out of it if you swarm with the serps or shoot at them with a Rhino from B.F.E.
When I can, I love using the Yang to take out either HS's or power stations. They can drop a heap of bombs in 7 seconds, and sometimes the HS moves under them.

Ladies and gentlemen, HEATHER MORRIS