All hail the Serp!!!

"A fanatical human brotherhood; technology has passed them by in their monastic isolation..."
leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

All hail the Serp!!!

Post by leftylink » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:31 am

I look around at random discussions of the Taerkastens now and then and I see people lauding the Hetzel for its spammability and death to host stations thing and the Bronsteijn for its sheer power, and maybe other units too, but I think not enough people give credit to my personal favorite Taerkasten vehicle, and possibly my favorite vehicle of the entire game!

All hail the Serp!

It's cheap to create, incredibly fast, and very powerful! What more could you want in a unit?!

Oh, the not dying thing. Well, who cares about that...

Discuss... =D
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

UrbanAce3
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: All hail the Serp!!!

Post by UrbanAce3 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:00 am

Yet again leftylink make's his favrite unit known lourd and clear
UrbanAce3~
:/i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig7.gif[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]

O Y ME
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Post by O Y ME » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:02 am

This unit here is the reason why mykonians need the ground cube. Or better yet, a GtG cube (tank) would be nice.
National martial law is finally here.

BouncyTEM
Firefly
Firefly

Post by BouncyTEM » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:12 pm

I remember one time in the Taerkast campaign that I swarmed legions of Serps onto a Resistance host station.

it crumbled, to my shock and amusement. :D

Happy_Hereford
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Happy_Hereford » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:38 am

Lol, yes I done the same thing BouncyTEM. Three hundred Serps and one entirelly defencless Host Station. What fun!

Ladies and gentlemen, HEATHER MORRIS

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Alfa » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:36 pm

I personally think the Serp is useless. Sure, it's cheap, fast and quite deadly... But when you put it in the AI's hands it turns into an irritating bug. It won't target tanks and almost any plane can easily dodge it by flying in circles.

This could also be becouse I generally make everything in the game that I dont like BETTER. Perhaps I sholdn't be toying with god's creations...
://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/AlfaGoon/GIMP/cannabitchsig.gif?t=1226184091[/img]

O Y ME

Post by O Y ME » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:29 pm

Alfa wrote:I personally think the Serp is useless. Sure, it's cheap, fast and quite deadly... But when you put it in the AI's hands it turns into an irritating bug. It won't target tanks and almost any plane can easily dodge it by flying in circles.

This could also be becouse I generally make everything in the game that I dont like BETTER. Perhaps I sholdn't be toying with god's creations...
What's that supposed to mean? It's also in your signature to! Or are you trying to say you shouldn't treat UA like some would treat "the sims" AI? Did yall know that serp can also mean a snake or search engines results page. :lol:
National martial law is finally here.

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Alfa » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:34 pm

O Y ME wrote:
Alfa wrote:I personally think the Serp is useless. Sure, it's cheap, fast and quite deadly... But when you put it in the AI's hands it turns into an irritating bug. It won't target tanks and almost any plane can easily dodge it by flying in circles.

What's that supposed to mean? It's also in your signature to! Or are you trying to say you shouldn't treat UA like some would treat "the sims" AI? Did yall know that serp can also mean a snake or search engines results page. :lol:
My signature comes from the fact that I cant mod UA anymore. I think I overdid it. lol.
://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/AlfaGoon/GIMP/cannabitchsig.gif?t=1226184091[/img]

Quadda25
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Quadda25 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:39 pm

This is because you use the serp for the wrong reasons. Serps are good for 2 things - quick anti-air deployment at low energy cost and perhaps their greatest use: destroying power stations.

A squad of Serps of aggressiveness level 2 with absolutely rock a power station. It's the quickest way to dismantle an enemy while you're main force closes in.
"Personally, I might prefer non-existence to the thought of most of my friends and loved ones being roasted on a paranormal spit rack for eternity, even if I was spared, but hey, to each his own."
- Allan'WinAce'Glenn

Bronsteijn24K
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Bronsteijn24K » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:52 am

Actually serps can be an effective weapon in great numbers. I destroyed my friend in an online battle with a squad of 100 serps.

He was pelted by them. :lol: