Your Favourite Tearkastens Unit?

"A fanatical human brotherhood; technology has passed them by in their monastic isolation..."
Aakkonen
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Your Favourite Tearkastens Unit?

Post by Aakkonen » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:43 am

Favorite unit.... LEONID, definetly leonid. Eisenhans are cool too but the creeking metal you start hearing about 6-7 sectors away chills you everytime :twisted: altough I think I had bug in my taer campaign.. my leonids have 101% shielding :?

Oh well Slow but deadly!
The humanitys destiny is determined.

GoldStar611
BlackSect Creator
BlackSect Creator

Post by GoldStar611 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:16 pm

Metzel hetzel. Those things can just destroy a power station almost as quick as a host station

Yakamaru
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Yakamaru » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:02 pm

Hmm. My favorite Taerkasten unit would either be the Hetzel or the Leonid. To hell with the Serp.

Hetzel because it can kill ANYTHING efficiently enough, and the Leonid because it's a tanky-ass gently caress. Third would be the Eisenhans. It's spammable and packs a punch.
There exist 10 different types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Stupidity is at large!
You are just stupid.

Reverie
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Reverie » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:31 am

To me, Ostwinds are not that great. Yeah, if we have 10s or even 50s of Ostwinds, it is really great to defend our home base. They are really good anti air units. But Speedy is much better than Ostwinds. They are fast, they have a minimal reloading time. And with 10 Speedys, you can push out the enemy planes to very very far distance, haha. And Speedys have beautiful 'dog barkin' sound too when they fire weapon ;) And weasels are good to. Better than Ostwinds in my case, but Speedys are best. We only dont need a unit which have high amount of armor, but we need a optimal unit, which have fair amount of all these things (attacking power, speed, armor, reloading time). Lets suppose, there is a unit 'x' which is same as Rhino. All the things are same, except its reloading time is slow, just like Speedys? Then who dont want this tank? This tank can fire a massive weapon (attacking power of 1500X2) at the rate of just 1 weapon/second. But, this tank cost 2000, which is equals to the whole creation power of a host station. Then, we ultimately get irritates to create this unit. Ultimately, we just dont create this x tank in bulk. And same goes for any parameter. So, in my case, the optimal tank is Eisenhans anf if aircraft, then it is Hetzel. With just 15-20 Eisenhans or 15-20 Hetzels, you can easily destroy nemy host station. Yes, I know, with only 5-7 Lenoids, we can destriy it too but Lenoid is not optimal tank in my case. Those tanks are better to stick with our host station, to protect.

I remember, when I was playing Metropolis Dawn as Taer, I have really low energy (all three were around 100) and power generation was around +150 (since I had only 2 blocj power station) and enemies were attacking me. Then, I just create some serps and sent it straight to the enemey (Resistance) host station (I put some scout near to resistance so that I can see them). Since, I had really low energy, I was not able to create dozens of serps. So, I was just sending 1 serp per journey. Around 25-30 serps (it took around 20-30 minutes, yes), I sent to them (I was taking the control of all serps), I was able to successfully destroy that enemy host station (I dont wanted to destroy there power stations because I wanted them). Not all 25-30 serps ditectly hit the Resistance host station, some were shot in between by flak stations or Resistance units. So, generally, all units are important in different different cases. Falcon or Warhammer or Tien-Ying 7 can easily dodge the weapons of Lenoid & Eisenhans. So, in this case, to kill these types of fast aircrafts, we need Ostwinds, Weasels, Foxes, Speedys lile tanks in which their weapon follow the enemy till hit. But I really can't understand, whats the advantage of making Ghargoil 1 and Ghargoil 2? They are same just the 2nd can hit 2 missiles at one time. :O Cost? We can create much more Ghargoils 1 than Ghargoils 2? Then, why not there Wasp 1 and Wasp 2? Maybe, because it already have Hornets, which are slow as hell.