Your Favourite Tearkastens Unit?

"A fanatical human brotherhood; technology has passed them by in their monastic isolation..."
MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Re: Your Favourite Tearkastens Unit?

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Edward Fox wrote:The problem with Leonids is that they are too slow. I find that they work best as defensive units.

In the time that it takes to build up a sizable force and send them out it is usually more efficient to try something else.
True, Leonids are more defensive than offensive. We can't throw them en route to enemy host (enemy bombers would destroy it while on route), we must beam in, and blah, blah, blah. (lol) enemy or power station finished. It doesn't always work the Leonid drop in some missions or attempts, but we can deal with it.

And yeah, but it requires time, and "time efficiency" vs "number efficiency" is usually conflicting. Some try to finish the levels the fastest possible, others with simply huge and overwhelming numbers (that don't involve Serps) that despite they are time-consuming, they actually work quite well. Still, I basically control well all the Taerkasten units, but my fave is the Leonid despite of their drawbacks.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

The Leonid Guy
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by The Leonid Guy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:19 pm

For big missions, I usually end up creating a huge buildup of Leonids, and then send them to the enemy, or keep them waiting there, in either case, I supplement them with squadrons of faster units, both land and air, to take out any enemies along the way so that the Leos can do most of the bulldozing.
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig5.gif[/img]

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:04 am

The Leonid Guy wrote:For big missions, I usually end up creating a huge buildup of Leonids, and then send them to the enemy, or keep them waiting there, in either case, I supplement them with squadrons of faster units, both land and air, to take out any enemies along the way so that the Leos can do most of the bulldozing.
Yes, that's true. Especially with fast and effective units like the Serp, Phantom, Bronsteijn, and even the Ostwind that will supplement and protect the Leonid squad.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

AirbagDELUXE
Zeppelin (special demand)
Zeppelin (special demand)

Post by AirbagDELUXE » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:57 am

Without hesitation, my favourite unit is Bronsteijn!
Great armament, great maneuverability, good speed!! Only the armouring is not very good... but there is offset!
The shape of Bronsteijn is also magnificent !! :D
A little crazy before everything!! :p

Edward Fox
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by Edward Fox » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:16 pm

AirbagDELUXE wrote:Without hesitation, my favourite unit is Bronsteijn!
Great armament, great maneuverability, good speed!! Only the armouring is not very good... but there is offset!
The shape of Bronsteijn is also magnificent !! :D
Yeah!!
]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... nceUB1.png[/img]

]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... ensUB2.png[/img]

I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. If you have too and you aren't afraid to say it, copy and paste this into your signature.

OMNIDUTCH
Firefly
Firefly

Post by OMNIDUTCH » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:09 am

As for me gentlemen i'm going to say the Eiesanhans! It's a fairly cheap unit and with upgrades from the libraries during campaign i was rolling with 90% armor 123 energy and 200 damage shells. Add that with their good menuverability and their "stand and fight" mechanic that some tanks don't have and the fact that they are pretty fast makes them the best main force for any Taerkasten player to use to beef up both offense and defense. Every Library i found that upgraded my eiesanhanses in someway made me cheer!

ThatDutchGuy
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by ThatDutchGuy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:22 pm

I will just say it, I LOVE the hetzels, they are just good against everything, their shots sounds awesome and come, you will be afraid when seeing 50 hetzels flying to your HS...
I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. If you have too and you aren't afraid to say it, copy and paste this into your signature.

Hugo350z
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Hugo350z » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:36 pm

I am surprised that no one of you guys picked the Phantom as your favorite unit. I gotta be the first one then; the Phantom is my favorite Taerk unit, even though it's the slowest fighter in the game, they deal a lot of damage to air units such as helicopters and enemy fighters. This plane saved me a lot of times in the last missions of Taerks, specially in the last one; lots of Marauders were flying to my HS and I used several squads of three or four Phantom each to deal with them. Also I like its shape, looks pretty cool! The things I don't like about this fighter are: its fire rate is very slow compared to the other planes in the game, even though its the most powerful, and its poor speed. "Slow but deadly" damn right.

BEAM AWAY TURANTUL!!!

Syldan
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Syldan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Same. I like Phantom.

Big Shield, nice skin, strong :D.

HeavyMetal
Firefly
Firefly

Post by HeavyMetal » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:46 am

The Leonid tank. Tough, but slow and hits like a ton of bricks. It has that omnious creeking metal sound effect among some of the coolest sound effects in the game other than the Tek Trahk's growling engines.

And for the heck of it I have to pick the Phantom as a personal favorite to fly.
"What did I get when I joined the Taerkast? Oh right, floating fortresses and flying ion cannons, yeah there's nothing Amish about that..." -HeavyMetal-

"Steampunk is like Lincoln with a gattling gun for an arm and steam driven Star Destroyers."