Your Favourite Tearkastens Unit?

"A fanatical human brotherhood; technology has passed them by in their monastic isolation..."
CuSToM_94
Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Re: Your Favourite Tearkastens Unit?

Post by CuSToM_94 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:34 am

Mobster 96 wrote:But I do wonder how hard it would be to stop like 30 Zeppelins if someone had the will to send such an attack at someone. :shock:
it's easy to take them out with falcons warhammers and tien yings because the slowness of the zeppelins
just control one of them and you will finish them
i remember a stage in the Ghor camp when you fight against the black sect and two taers
they were sending lots of zeppelins but my tien yings were doing the job

Mobster 96
Fox
Fox

Post by Mobster 96 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:39 am

CuSToM_94 wrote:
Mobster 96 wrote:But I do wonder how hard it would be to stop like 30 Zeppelins if someone had the will to send such an attack at someone. :shock:
it's easy to take them out with falcons warhammers and tien yings because the slowness of the zeppelins
just control one of them and you will finish them
i remember a stage in the Ghor camp when you fight against the black sect and two taers
they were sending lots of zeppelins but my tien yings were doing the job
Ok a sneak attack then.... :ninja:

Edward Fox
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by Edward Fox » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:02 pm

I think Mobster was referring to what would happen if you were caught off guard. Am I correct?
Mobster 96 wrote: Ok a sneak attack then.... :ninja:
]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... nceUB1.png[/img]

]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... ensUB2.png[/img]

I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. If you have too and you aren't afraid to say it, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mobster 96
Fox
Fox

Post by Mobster 96 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Exactly get within 5 sectors or so without being attacked you think you could kill that many zeppelins that fast :twisted:
...But ya it's probably funner to think about than to try.

fabriciovic2
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by fabriciovic2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:26 pm

My fav Taer tank is the Leonid,that old machine gun sound(sounds like a ak 47 rifle,or a very old Vickers machine gun from WWI)i could thumbs up with Hetzels but my fave is Leonid.i like that old desing from Flak stations guns,they are too old.

Monochrome Vision
Fox
Fox

Post by Monochrome Vision » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:29 am

My favourite unit would be the Eisenhans, Taerkastens frequently used MBT.
I like the design and especially the short-barelled machine gun on its back looks quite good.
The Eisenhans's look unites Oldskool with moderne.

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:24 am

In my opinion, Leonids are my favorite, due to their high resistance and strong and relentless attacking with its machine gun and its projectile. Bronsteijns come second due to their great speed and glass cannon stat (they have strong attack, but weak armor).

I use serps mostly for sneak and decisive attacks. Leonid is my fave one to finish the enemy host off.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

Monochrome Vision
Fox
Fox

Post by Monochrome Vision » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:22 am

But how long does it take, to create a squad of 10 or more Leonids ?
They're expensive as hell ! :P
480 Energy ? - I rather would invest in Eisenhans... you get 2 of them to the price of one leonid ! Think about that shit ! :awsm:

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:39 am

Monochrome Vision wrote:But how long does it take, to create a squad of 10 or more Leonids ?
They're expensive as hell ! :P
480 Energy ? - I rather would invest in Eisenhans... you get 2 of them to the price of one leonid ! Think about that shit ! :awsm:
You don't exactly need to create 10 to defend your station, you can create just 5 of them (with Ostwinds behind to anti-air defense). It's true they cost 560 energy (roughly 2.5 times more than the Eisenhans), but they are a better offense/defense unit than the Eisenhans. They may have lower rotation, are slow, and have slower firing rate, but they have the same machine gun strength than the Eisenhans, have better armor, and deal more damage to enemy host stations, thus when I beam in over an enemy host after capturing one of his nearby power stations, I create Leonids close to them to finish the job. :ninja:
Eisenhans are easily destroyed by Hornets, Marauders, and Myko Bombers. And although they are cheaper, they are really no match for insane squads of aggressiveness level 3 bombers. They perform best on the early missions, where bombers are abscent and you don't have the Ostwind yet, but after this point, during middle until late missions, the enemy will start upgrading enemy units, and as you acquire more useful new units, the Eisenhans start to be obsolete, being only useful as little extra defense or small offensive backup alongside the Leonids and any other Taerkasten unit. And I say it because it's more time consuming creating a large Eisenhans squad and finishing the enemy off than just using Serps or Bronsteijns, capture power station, and create Leonids in its face!
Sorry, but my Eisenhans tactic only work on early missions, and is good you like them, because you need dedication and time to beat down the enemy host with Eisenhans during the middle and late missions! 8-)
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

Edward Fox
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by Edward Fox » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:43 pm

The problem with Leonids is that they are too slow. I find that they work best as defensive units.

In the time that it takes to build up a sizable force and send them out it is usually more efficient to try something else.
]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... nceUB1.png[/img]

]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... ensUB2.png[/img]

I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. If you have too and you aren't afraid to say it, copy and paste this into your signature.