Turantul I vs Skorpio (Turantul 2)

"A monolithic opposition force predating the Toxic age..."
garry's waffle
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Turantul I vs Skorpio (Turantul 2)

Post by garry's waffle » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:13 am

The reason is quite easy. Single player level files using ROBO.scr file which loaded via line called 'include data:scripts/startup2.scr'

startup2.scr file has a line loads ROBOS. not iNetRobo(Multiplayer host files). Unfortunately there are no T2 in singleplayer ROBOS file.

You can pick T2 into Singleplayer demo by copy the vehicle 57 in iNetRobo files into ROBOS file or shift the ROBOS line in startup2.scr to iNetRobo.

(I don't recommed last one, because maybe Taerkasten Host would work strange.)

The Leonid Guy
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by The Leonid Guy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:34 am

Ah, I see now. Thanks, I guess I should've paid more attention. Maybe I'll still try it out on the demo, those levels were great, can't get enough of UA.
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig5.gif[/img]

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:54 am

Okay, but coming back to topic, I choose Skorpio because you can defend yourself better, and although the Tarantul I is also good and memorable, it's just one of the weakest Host stations because of lower armor, and the turrets can't go 360 degrees like the Skorpio does, so the two only turrents can only shoot together against enemies if they are north or south, and not east or west where only 1 turret can fire at that direction! :lol:

I like the Tarantul I, but I just prefer the Skorpio because of superior firepower and more turrets, and also because of its ambience noise he does.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

The Leonid Guy
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by The Leonid Guy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:21 pm

Yeah, the Skorpio does pack quite a punch. I do like the Skorpio.
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig5.gif[/img]

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:07 pm

Other reason to the Skorpio be best...

It has some bugs to try to shoot your 3D body, some parts of it is like a ghost formation to trick the player...
At least, with me is what happens...
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

garry's waffle
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by garry's waffle » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:30 pm

It is an issue happens when there are no decent extra robo collide radius and turrets are effective but in Null status.

i.e : Devs were very lazy on this so they didn't completed T2's coll-rad. T2's '75' turret have 40 radius with null(22) model.

You can see that bug appears when you are in T2 and enemy ostwinds are shoot at your host, it will shoot your turret and it makes

you don't get hit from its missile. It is not a ghost formation or trick factor, just small glitch on mistake of devs.

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Yeah, it also happened to me when I was trying a Tekh drop on both Taerkasten Wimps and Pirate Islands of Chinese See... One tiger was firing at me, but it was against a turret, and it just failed the shot; and another one, when a Warhammer tried to fire against me, it only did against the left turret, where the missile eventually disappeared and it didn't do any damage to me in the end.
So yeah, it's a glitch or just minor mistake of the UA devs.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

superbob1998
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)
Turantul 2 Skorpio (Global Moderator)

Post by superbob1998 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:42 pm

The Skorpio also has a suicide or kamakazi factor.

One time when I was playing a level, I cannot remember the name, the Skorpio had kind of low health and it headed straight toward my hoststation.

On MD, there is a same problem with the Resistance, when there is more than one of there hoststations, they will send one on a kamakazi mission, it only happened once as I know, I was watching my brother play.

The hoststation was moving really fast over the horizon and then it headed straight towards my brothers hoststation. IT WAS FUNNY! XD

So, I wonder if in the line of programing, there is a Kamakazi function.

Hmm.......

://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd472/superbob1998/GhorkovBanner.jpg[/img]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
MS Paint skills are off the charts.

garry's waffle
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by garry's waffle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:56 pm

superbob1998 wrote:The Skorpio also has a suicide or kamakazi factor.

One time when I was playing a level, I cannot remember the name, the Skorpio had kind of low health and it headed straight toward my hoststation.

On MD, there is a same problem with the Resistance, when there is more than one of there hoststations, they will send one on a kamakazi mission, it only happened once as I know, I was watching my brother play.

The hoststation was moving really fast over the horizon and then it headed straight towards my brothers hoststation. IT WAS FUNNY! XD

So, I wonder if in the line of programing, there is a Kamakazi function.

Hmm.......

O' man, I'll never know how that could be happen. but some weird mod called 'migu's rise of riot', Theres actually 'consumption host station'.

It move towards on you and attacking everything but eventually destroyed by my pre-flak stations. breifing files were all in german so I can't understand.

though it was something like my host station was POW (I was have only 0 energy on my host!!) and those enemy stations are coming toward on me to

destroy my station. But that was not a kamikaze since there are only enemy power station (and as well as, ONLY in the mission.) near my position.

So,, I don't know anyhow about 'kamikaze' :|

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:24 pm

I think that sometimes the enemy host just decides to migrate to another location in order to build flaks or radars, to get better energy absorption rate or something. The AI might not avoid enemy territories at all so it may head straight to your base.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...