What if you could terraform hoststations

"A monolithic opposition force predating the Toxic age..."
Happy_Hereford
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: What if you could terraform hoststations

Post by Happy_Hereford » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:52 am

What about in the AI Host Station mod on MD? If you could, prehaps copy some scripts out of there... I'm not too good with modding ANYTHING to satrt with (except for teachers passwords ;) ) but I don't know.

Ladies and gentlemen, HEATHER MORRIS

Building
Bomber
Bomber

Post by Building » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:24 pm

i tried to put the host station as buildable,it cost 100000 energy
but it simply never finish construction,check out by yourselves and see if someday it finish construction
if you put a host station IN predefined squads section it can help you out but very poorly, it only build a power station and some vehicles but nothin happens.
the best thing i think is put a robo with this AI,on the same team allied with you,
pow_budget = 100
def_budget = 100
rad_budget = 100
con_budget = 100
rec_budget = 100
cpl_budget = 100
rob_budget = 100
saf_budget = 100
SINGLE PLAYER ONLY

O Y ME
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Post by O Y ME » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:56 am

I once tried to change the unit of a taerkasten host station into a firefly on the level hamburger hill (it was the host station on the bottom left corner of the level) and to my surprise, the level loaded and played just fine :o. However, there were no attacks coming from that side of the level so I create a scout and fly myself over to it. It appeared on the radar as a firefly icon which I thought was strange. What was even stranger was that the moment I came into view of the host station itself above the power station (actually, slightly before it came into view), the game crashed forcing me to alt, ctrl, del. Anybody have some explanations as to why UA would behave like this? Also, I forgot to test out and see if killing it with a stoudson bomb would do anything.
National martial law is finally here.

Urbana
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Urbana » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:03 am

Well maybe UA is the definition of glitches
I have been away too long. The challenge has waned. They must learn anew the meaning of ph34r
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/TheResistanceUB2-1.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig.gif[/img]

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Alfa » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:48 pm

Sounds like features to me.
://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/AlfaGoon/GIMP/cannabitchsig.gif?t=1226184091[/img]

Gyiyg
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Gyiyg » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:15 pm

woah hell, never knew a glitch like that was present, i just exited the game when i attempted to build a host station after i did "enable = 1" on EVERYTHING in the user.ini of my save file.... i though it would crash if it finished creating itself....
Just can't wait to fill you so full of psychically charged death...

Urbana
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Urbana » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:32 am

Well if it didnt crash then you are luck as hell
I have been away too long. The challenge has waned. They must learn anew the meaning of ph34r
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/TheResistanceUB2-1.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig.gif[/img]

SDU473activated
Firefly
Firefly

Post by SDU473activated » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:21 pm

Truth be told, i dont know a thing about hacking and modding and all that stuff, but even if it isnt possible to create a host station, it might be possible to have more than 1 of the same faction, its tricky although, when i had the crack to play the unfinished UA MD(metropolis dawn, :roll: ) i played as the taerkasten because they have the best armor in the freaking game, well anyways, there is a mission we're i face 3 resistian host stations and i must defend a stoudson bomb until it triggers, and the triggers werent never conquered by them and those triggers were at the other side of the map, near to them, well, i decided to try the jump gun cheat and for my surprise, the game didnt crashed at all, and i had the 3 resistian host stations, and it didnt show the 3 host stations on the squadron manager buti could put the 3 stations on the same power station and it didnt splitted the energy gaining, and i could hop from station-to-station by double-clicking them, and it didnt crashed at all, in fact, i even made resistance units sended them to the beam gate and beamed and at the next mission i had the resistance units and normal taerkast station and never crashed, perhaps you cant make a new smaller yet loyal station, but could you at least try to start with more than one for the player? i mean even if it is possible to defeat the whole campaings of the 3 human factions, but using spare stations as front assault teams would rock, is the same principals, just that it cannot be created other stations, but at least could make units and attack, that would rock

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:00 am

That is correct. You can edit the level files (.ldf) or restart files (.rst) to create other host stations for your own faction. These host stations will be AI controlled and will create units that will fight for you, conquer sectors for you, etc. They also build power, radar, flak stations, if enabled. I used to just add two host stations with large energy reserves and large attack/conquer "budgets", and I sit back and watch as they pwn the enemies, lol.
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:05 pm

ok @ oyme wh
y it not worked because fireflys has 100 eneergy taersa can´t produce anything for this price
you have ot change in scripts to 50000 energy of the firefly . so it starts producing.

to the thing having your own Hs on your side
in general its no problem .
but i don´t sue it because you can jump into other HS and than the AI doesn´t work anymore ....
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!