Fox
Fox

Your favorite Ghorkov unit ?

Post by Monochrome Vision » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:44 am

I think the title says it all.
So tell me, forum.
Whats your favorite Ghorkov unit ?

Mine is the Ying.
Fast and agile due to its small size, it can pack up with any enemy airplanes. (If used in groups) :)

Edward Fox
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Re: Your favorite Ghorkov unit ?

Post by Edward Fox » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:26 pm

In terms of the best unit to create I would have to say the speedy.

A large squad can tear apart almost anything and they move excessivly fast. When user controlled thier speed and firepower (significantly more than the weasle) can be used to slowly but surely pick off most enemy units. They sound rather ominous as well.

My actual favorite unit though would be the gigant. They are really unique and they do massive ammounts of damage.
Last edited by Edward Fox on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... nceUB1.png[/img]

]http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd33 ... ensUB2.png[/img]

I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal savior. If you have too and you aren't afraid to say it, copy and paste this into your signature.

Thomas Fredson
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)
Emperor of the Mykonians (Veteran)

Post by Thomas Fredson » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:30 pm

I was going to say the same as Edward.

Speedies can get really annoying when mass deployed, and so I like them a lot when I play Ghorkovs.
They can handle lots of situation and are really effective against some of aerial vehicles.
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png[/img]
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB2.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig4.gif[/img]

Also administrator of UAFr Board

The Big Mistake album in progress! (ABORTED)

Monochrome Vision
Fox
Fox

Post by Monochrome Vision » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:52 pm

In most cases they're rather anoying than helpful... especially when you play as resistance :D
:P

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:56 pm

I like Tekh-Trak becausi it is bad-ass :lol:
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

Monochrome Vision
Fox
Fox

Post by Monochrome Vision » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:08 am

really badass ! :D I Like the "turret" which looks like an odd rocked pod :P

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:21 am

Monochrome Vision wrote:I think the title says it all.
So tell me, forum.
Whats your favorite Ghorkov unit ?

Mine is the Ying.
Fast and agile due to its small size, it can pack up with any enemy airplanes. (If used in groups) :)
I do say the same thing than Edward. But for me, the Ying is not really useful after you complete Mykonian Encirclement because the flaks kill it easily and can't capture some sectors the Speedy can.

Gigants are my best choice to attack because they are the only units that do quick damage to Host stations, but they are expensive and don't have great armor, so I tend to protect them at the time the enemy moves in vulnerable positions. I create them at the point the enemy Host turrets are directed towards my HS because most times they'll target the units I create against it.

2nd one is Speedy and Tien-Ying 7, I use them often.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

Monochrome Vision
Fox
Fox

Post by Monochrome Vision » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:16 am

Just a few hours ago, i was playing the mission "snipers!", and i was able to rush both host stations with groups of 12~16 Speedys.
Admitted. They can be pretty useful sometimes...
MarioSDU6/SDU7 wrote:the Ying is not really useful after you complete Mykonian Encirclement because the flaks kill it easily and can't capture some sectors the Speedy can.
Thats doubtless. But in air battles, the Ying is used to be my first choice. If you are an expert when it comes to maneuver, then you can elicit the Ying some nice tricks. :awsm:

MarioSDU6/SDU7
Slime Lord
Slime Lord

Post by MarioSDU6/SDU7 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:24 am

Monochrome Vision wrote:
MarioSDU6/SDU7 wrote:the Ying is not really useful after you complete Mykonian Encirclement because the flaks kill it easily and can't capture some sectors the Speedy can.
Thats doubtless. But in air battles, the Ying is used to be my first choice. If you are an expert when it comes to maneuver, then you can elicit the Ying some nice tricks. :awsm:
We can't rely all time on Yings. While it's true you can do great surprises with the Ying maneuvers (such as capturing an already conquered power station with its long range), especially against some incoming units, such as killing some weasels and some air units (like the Crusher) from behind, the opposite also holds true. If I create massed amounts of Yings, it will be awesome against air units, but they are easily destroyed by other enemies if not used right, mainly flaks and units that have easy time with them. They also have rather weak armor, firing rate is lower than Speedy, and poor hit points, and also, they don't inflict as much damage to enemy units and flaks (with only a puny strength of 30 and upgraded very late to 40). In the original MD expansion Yings don't inflict as much trouble to enemies (they are more of a nuisance than a real trouble) as in the New MD expansion mods that the Ying got buffed (having 2x shot, and firepower can be upgraded until 50x2) and is thus much more useful to sector capping and especially against some air units the Ying without double shot couldn't do. (in fact, Yings are rather useful in multiplayer matches to wide sector capping and to stall enemy presence with its great numbers)

I'm good with the Ying, but I'm better with the Tien-Ying 7 due to better firepower and faster speed.
Last edited by MarioSDU6/SDU7 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Intense Mod progress (it includes tests):
Resistance 100% done
Demo version uncertain fate
New Ghorkov and Taerkasten 100% done

Factions of choice: Resistance, Ghorkovs, Taerkastens

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:13 am

My favorite Ghorkov unit... is there any? I don't really like Ghorkovs. Maybe it's Gigant due to high damage output and relatively fast speed. Tien-Ying 7 is fine too but it has bad maneuverability compared to Warhammer. Speedy is good for defense but quite expensive. Tekh-trak is sometimes useful as it can dodge enemy bombers and helicopters easier than Tiger or Leonid but it has weaker armor and higher cost than Tiger.

Oh, now I know, it must be Skorpio. The only drawback is poor accuracy against fast air targets.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...