"A monolithic opposition force predating the Toxic age..."
Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Ghorkov Campaign Guide

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:38 pm

HINT build a flak on the stoudson triggers :D +3 theks is good

timer set up->
1: open the LDF file the last one in the level folder under single unter metro dawn exp
urban assaul\levelsxp\single\l7979
there search for something like that:
begin_item
sec_x = 31
sec_y = 5
inactive_bp = 35
active_bp = 36
trigger_bp = 37
type = 1
countdown = 10000
keysec_x = 25
keysec_y = 3
keysec_x = 27
keysec_y = 8
keysec_x = 32
keysec_y = 26
end

rewrite the "countdown" 10000( 10 sec the thing is in milli sec) with 300000 so you have 5 min time thats enough :)
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

Yakamaru
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Yakamaru » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:54 pm

Ah, ok. Well, i sat the timer to 1 hour.. xD

Still got some problems with overwhelming the Resistance and Black Sect, but apart from that, i got more or less everything covered i guess.
There exist 10 different types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Stupidity is at large!
You are just stupid.

Plummad
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Plummad » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:28 pm

Love this walk through, I never realised that you could use the Skorpio / Any host station as a weapon. I've learnt how to use the Skorpio against the Taerkastans. Their Flying Fortress easily dies in single player. I just unlocked the gigant (means facing my mykonians in earlier levels is a breeze! But I can't kill the resistance, ironic, as I could never kill the Ghorkovs when I Was the resistance!
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/GhorkovUB1.png[/img] ://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/TheResistanceUB1.png[/img]

://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig3.gif[/img]

Brachy UA FREAK
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Brachy UA FREAK » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:31 am

i ahve msot problems with mykos in ghor camp .. (those freaky FLAKS)
against res kil ltheir energy station ; cap their secctors and BE TACTICIAL
GET YOUR HANDS OFF FROM THAT PARASITE!
Or
I LL QUADDA YOU

://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/MykoniansUB1.png
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/X01-Quadda.gif

Myko Mod [MID] back alive after long hiatus!

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:13 am

Hey guys. I finally updated this old thing, after more than 18 months :) I replayed the Taerkasten and Ghorkov campaigns and rewrote those guides. Unfortunately, I'm not done with the Resistance one yet, so stay tuned for that one...
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

Roland985
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Roland985 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:35 am

I always use the wasp on turantul 1 and then own the Turantul 2 with the rhino. I hate the ghorkov flak station. It devestates you and the missiles are not even homing! Imagine if they were. (Roland screams, and hides under his bed)

Fenrir
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Fenrir » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:23 pm

Wow, this campaign is set up kinda funny. I managed to get the Power Station 2 before even getting the first one! XD

How I beat that level was kinda funny too. I saw myself hemmed in between these canyons so I made a scout to see what was going on and WHOA, there's the Resistance station a few sectors to the east on the bottom of the cliff! There were flak stations and some predeployed units in the way, though. Then a nasty grin spread over my face and beamed next to the powerstation and made some Tekh-Traks to blow the thing apart. I moved my station just out of range of the Resistance's bullets and hammered the thing until it died before it had a chance to do much of anything. Only afterwards did I realize that I was suddenly in a Skorpio instead of that Gigant-wannabe station.

After that I captured that unused powerstation near the Tarkastens and mounted my next offensive from there. Didn't take long for the Flying Fortress to go down as well. XD

Roland985
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Roland985 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:31 am

I played a whole level without realising that I was in the turie2

I wondered why the quadda went down so easily!

More Dakka
Firefly
Firefly

Post by More Dakka » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:59 am

Nice guide... :)

But Taerkasten Wimps is proving to be impossible for me. :(

The 1st Taerkasten player is never a problem- but the second one always gives me trouble. The beam-in-Scorpio tactic doesn't seem to quite work for me- for when I try it- I always get overwhelmed as my attack force is usually decimated or pushed back- and my spawned Tekh-Traks are butchered- leaving Scorpio out to dry and forced to flee.

In my most recent try- I was EVENTUALLY able to defeat the 2nd Taerkasten player...

But- then I move onto the Resistance... :(

They have setup a literal fortress of level 2 flak stations by the time I arrive... As such- all of my tactics utterly fail. :( (Even an attack with 50+ Gigants or flanking using the edge of the map. And once again- beaming in Scorpio has yet to work against them.)

I even tried restarting the mission and attacking the Resistance first- but no go. They still hold off any attack I do. :(

Maybe its just that I really suck with Ghorkovs? :P Cause in my experience- their only combat-worthy unit is the Speedy. For all of their air units are proving themselves to be utterly useless for me. (And then there are Tekh-traks- which are great defensively- but just die in mass offensively. :( )

Even in numbers- the Ghorkov's air units can't do ANYTHING right for me! Even in groups of 50+! Even the supposedly mighty Gigants! Even when trying to be sneaky and focusing on enemy power stations! Even when I lead them myself!

They're all completely useless! :cry:

How am I supposed to complete the Ghorkov campaign when only the Speedy puts up a decent fight for me?

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:41 am

More Dakka wrote:Nice guide... :)

But Taerkasten Wimps is proving to be impossible for me. :(

Yeah, killing Resistance is pretty hard in Taerkasten wimps... A few Gigants are usually enough to destroy Taerkasten hosts but the Resistance host is well entrenched with many flaks. I haven't found any simple tactics for that level... Take some gigants and capture a power station in the northern side of Resistance base. Beam there and destroy all flaks nearby. Start making Gigants and Tekh-traks and keep weakening and destroying flaks and power stations until you get in contact with the host.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...