leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Ghorkov Campaign Guide

Post by leftylink » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:23 am

Leftylink's Ghorkov Campaign Guide v1.1.0

Updated July 1st, 2009

Copyright © 2009 Lefty Link.

Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "GNU Free Documentation License".

=====Contents=====

Intro - What This Guide Is
What This Guide Isn't
Resistance Overview
General Strategy and Tactics
- Explore!
- Restrict your enemy's exploration!
- Maintain a healthy power supply!
- Disrupt your enemy's power supply!
- Stay mobile!
- Use the beam gates!
- The SSSSSBAT!
Level Guide
Versioning Info
GNU Free Documentation License

=====Intro - What This Guide Is=====

This is a guide for the Ghorkov Campaign in the Metropolis Dawn expansion for Urban Assault.
It is meant to be a reference for the player, providing information about what each level contains in terms of upgrades and enemies.
It is also as a guide to help the players complete the levels in a quick and painless way, hopefully while having lots of fun as well!

=====What This Guide Isn't=====

This is not a guide that will teach you how to play the game, how to create units, how to control the different types of units, etc. That is up to you to figure out before you dive into this guide.
This is not a guide for multiplayer tactics or strategy. While some of the strategies employed here might be applicable to multiplayer games, most are designed to take advantage of the computer players' stupidities, and these are stupidities that you cannot rely on human players to have as well. A whole new type of strategy is required to play against the thinking adapting humans. The common blitz-assassination-type kills seen in single player are not always applicable in multiplayer because you cannot reload a save if you screw up. If you screw up, you're dead, so weigh the situation carefully in multiplayer.
This is not a guide to have boring three hour battles with the computer where you slowly peel back their their forces and finally win after taking it slow and steady. I know I'd get tired of the game if I had to sit there for three hours per battle! The basic objective of each map is to destroy the enemy Host Stations, so where does a three hour battle get you?

=====Ghorkov Overview=====

The Ghorkovs are a fine, primarily air-based faction. They have two light and fast units, the Speedy on the ground and the Ying in the air. I am a guy who likes speed, so these units are favorites of mine when I need to go somewhere fast. The Ghorkovs are a bit lacking in heavy units however, with the closest unit being their Tekh-Trak.

The Tarantul I is hands down the weakest Host Station in the entire game. With only two very weak turrets and weaker shielding than any other faction, the Tarantul I is almost unsuitable for toe-to-toe battles against other Host Stations.

The Ghorkovs can more than make up for this with their Tarantul II (Skorpio) Host Station, which is EASILY the strongest Host Station of all. It has four turrets all with excellent attack power, reasonable rates of fire, and 360 degrees of rotation. This allows it to absolutely destroy any enemy Host Station in a head-on battle, as well as providing excellent defense against attackers.

As a Ghorkov, I make heavy use of Speedies to move across the map to quickly capture sectors and enemy Power Stations if possible. Gigants are powerful and usable for taking over Power Stations and destroying enemy Host Stations. Once I beam the Skorpio next to the enemy Host Station I usually make Tekh-Traks to support the already insanely power Skorpio in destroying the enemy Host Station.

The Ghorkov campaign starts out very slow because you can only build Ghargoils which are disadvantaged against the Resistance Foxes. You are also saddled with the weak Tarantul Host Station. The Ghorkovs however will gain more powerful units very quickly and will eventually upgrade to the most powerful Host Station of all, the Skorpio. Once you gain the Skorpio and the Gigant, which can capture enemy power stations rapidly, you are well on your way to having a smooth, easy, relatively painless second half of the campaign.

=====General Strategy and Tactics=====

-----Explore!-----

Scouts can be used to figure out where your enemies are and how good their defenses are. When you start a level, spend some time flying a Scout around to figure out where everything is, then exit and start again, putting your knowledge to good use. My level descriptions and Excel maps can help with your intelligence efforts, so you can figure out where to strike the opponents.

-----Restrict your enemy's exploration!-----

When a computer opponent finds an enemy Host Station using its Scouts and Radar Stations, it continually sends attacks to that location. Destroy their radar stations so they do not get constant surveillance over a large area. If you move somewhere off their radars, they don't know you've moved until they see it again with a Scout, and will continue to send attacks to your old location, only to find that your Host Station isn't there anymore!

-----Maintain a healthy power supply!-----

Your power stations provide more energy when you are closer to them. Multiple power stations next to each other give even more energy, but keep in mind that for each white bar your power station has, you need 16 sectors to achieve maximum power. You must conquer many sectors to keep your power flow at 100% if you have many power stations.

-----Disrupt your enemy's power supply!-----

Without weakened power stations, the enemy will not be able to create units to attack or defend as often. Most importantly, their Host Station will regenerate health slower, requiring more time to recuperate from an attack and giving you more time to prepare an attack that will destroy the Host Station for good. In the later levels, destroying or weakening the power station an enemy is sitting on will prompt them to create a new power station (open for you to capture and beam onto), or run away trying to head toward another base. You'll want to chase them down with fast powerful units to destroy them while they're out in the open undefended by other units.

And the three most important:

-----STAY MOBILE!!!-----

You have free beaming to any conquered Power Station, and you can use power stations as forward bases from which to quickly send attacks toward your enemies, or as escapes from enemy attacks. As mentioned before, the AI sends attacks to the last known location of the closest enemy Host Station. If the enemy sends an incredible force to attack you, but you beam away to somewhere else before they reach their destination, the attack force will be none the wiser and attack your old base, allowing you to dodge the bullet. Using this tactic, you can skip building defenses most of the time as long as you kill enemies quickly enough to use their old bases as part of your power station network. You then reclaim your old base and beam back to that one when the enemies figure out where your new base is. By staying on the run, the enemies will never catch up to you, and you will never be killed.

-----USE THE BEAM GATES!!!-----

By using your time and energy in the level you just completed (where you have plenty of time and energy to spare) and beaming as many units as you can to the next level, you save time and energy needed to create them in the next level (where often time and energy is scarce in the beginning). Always completely fill your beam gate with fast units that capture enemy power stations (Gigants, anyone?!). You'll thank yourself for it very soon.

-----The surprise super secret sneaky slime backstab assassination technique!!!1!-----

To kill enemy Host Stations, the best tactic is to capture a power station near their Host Station, beam in your Host Station, and create heavy units. For this, two types of units are needed: a fast unit to weaken and/or capture power stations, and a powerhouse unit to destroy the enemy Host Station.
The Ghorkovs can obviously use the Speedy to fill the fast unit role, as it lives up to its name. Though the Tien-Ying 7 also fits this role, it is acquired too late in the game to be of use in this capacity.
The heavy unit role can be filled with the Tekh-Trak. Though it is not as heavy as the Tiger or Leonid of other factions, it is cheaper and can be created in larger numbers, and is thus just as effective in killing enemy Host Stations. The Gigant supercedes the Tekh-Trak as Host Stations are no match for its rapid fire weapon.
Curiously, the Gigant is fast enough to be able to fill the fast unit role as well, allowing it to fill both roles at once. This makes it a critically important unit in the Ghorkov campaign that should be acquired as quickly as possible.

=====Level guide=====

The levels are listed in the order of the in-game level codes. The game is very nonlinear, so there is no fixed level order, but I will give recommendations as to what you should have before entering a level, if I find it necessary.

In addition, the following levels are of high importance, and should be done as soon as possible. They are listed in a suggested order, and if you make these levels your first priority, delaying other levels until you've gained the rewards from these levels, your life will be much easier.

Doublecrossed (Speedy)
The Contact (Kyt Power 1)
Snipers 1 (Tekh-Trak)
Spiessrutenlauf (Kyt Power 1+)
Taerkasten Wimps (GIGANT!!!)
In Last Second (Kyt Flak)

For each level I will list the enemies you encounter, the energy of their Host Station, what they are able to build, any technology upgrades that are obtainable. I will also make my best attempts to describe the layout of each level, and the locations of significant tech upgrades and enemy Host Stations. Finally, I will give general pointers on how to beat the level.

If you would like to see more detailed maps of each level, I have created Excel maps of them. They are downloadable at:
http://www.metropolisdawn.com/files/xls ... ov-xls.zip
http://www.metropolisdawn.com/files/xls ... xls.tar.gz
http://www.metropolisdawn.com/files/xls ... ls.tar.bz2

In order to take full advantage of the beam gates, I make it a requirement for myself to be the one who kills each Host Station in all levels so that I gain the +100 capacity for each Host Station. This means no letting an enemy die by letting a power station drain all its energy, no being a wimp and running away before killing all enemies, no enemy factions can kill one another, and Stoudson Bombs cannot be used. I design the level guide with this objective in mind.

As I mentioned earlier, the Gigant is a critical unit because it is effective at capturing and destroying enemy power stations and flak stations. Once the Gigant is acquired, the rest of the missions become much easier. Therefore, my early-game recommendations and guide for the first few missions will center around getting the Gigant as quickly as possible. As few missions as is possible will be completed without the Gigant.

If you object to either of the above points, you are free to deviate from this guide as you see fit.

Let's begin shall we?

-----Generalmobilization (Level 7)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Tarantul - 1375 energy

-Resistance:
Resistance Host - 3150 energy
> Conquer 70, after 00:09
> Defend 75, after 01:29
> Recon 35, after 00:20
> Attack 55, after 00:40
> Move 10
Units: Scout, Fox

-New Vehicle: Ghor-Scout

You are in the southwest corner with a level 2 power station to start, and an unconquered level 4 power station. The Resistance is in the eastern part of the map and have one level 4 and one level 2 power station. Your only unit is the Ghargoil. This mission might be challenging because the Ghargoil is weak against Foxes.

However, you have something no computer Fox can imagine - you're human. You can outsmart those Foxes. Capture the level 4 power station and more sectors so you can absorb power faster. Create many Ghargoils and let them stay near the Tarantul. When you have about 25 or so, send a few to the southeast and look for a level 2 Resistance power station. Capture it, and beam on. Take more Ghargoils from home, and send them to the northeast to find the Resistance Host Station. You must destroy the level 4 power station it's sitting on. After it is destroyed, simply send more Ghargoils to destroy it after it can't recharge energy.

Missions Unlocked: Einkesselung (14)

-----Einkesselung (Level 14)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Tarantul - 1500 energy

-Resistance:
Resistance Host - 5000 energy
> Conquer 40, after 01:50
> Defend 90, after 01:20
> Recon 35, after 01:40
> Attack 80, after 05:00
> Move 10, after 05:00
Units: Jaguar, Scout, Fox

-New Vehicle: Ghargoil 2

Similar to the last level, with Ghorkov helicopters against Resistance anti-air tanks. Your start off in a sort of valley. The area outside the valley is all under Resistance control. To the north, east, and south are all exits from the valley, and there are three flak stations placed outside the valley. You have three Tekh-Trak in your control, and the Resistance have many power stations. One group is in the southwest, one to the east of your starting position, and one is to the southeast, where the Resistance Host Station is.

Head south to find the Ghargoil 2 upgrade, avoiding the flak station. Completely destroy the Resistance power station you find. Then, send your forces to the north, and then to the east, avoiding more flak stations. Look for Resistance power stations to the south, and capture. Use your Tekh-Traks to destroy your old power stations so you can achieve better power output, and start capturing sectors.

You will be sending Ghargoil 2s to destroy the Resistance power stations. The first party should head along the eastern edge of the map and look for the power stations to the west. They should destroy the first Resistance power station. The second one can head straight south, and attack the Resistance power station from the front. Once both are destroyed, you can wait for the Resistance Host Station to run out of power, and then send in your Tekh-Traks for the kill.

Missions Unlocked: Doublecrossed (17), The Contact (19)

I recommend Doublecrossed as your next level.

-----Doublecrossed (Level 17)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Tarantul - 1625 energy

-Resistance:
Resistance Host - 5500 energy
> Conquer 90, after 00:01
> Defend 80, after 05:00
> Recon 5, after 01:40
> Attack 60, after 06:40
> Move 5, after 08:20
Units: Weasel, Jaguar, Wasp, Scout, Fox

-New Vehicle: Speedy
-Weapon Upgrade: Ghargoil +15 atk, +10 energy

-Stoudson Bomb - 05:10

The Speedy is an excellent unit for sneaking past enemy flak stations and capturing an enemy's power station so you can beam next to them and create heavy units. For this reason, I recommend this mission as your third mission.

Another Resistance vs Ghorkovs fight. This time you'll get the Speedy, one of my favorite units! Once again you start in a valley, this time in the southwest. The Speedy is a short flight north of you, so get it as soon as the mission starts. Create some Speedies and conquer some sectors with them. Go north past the Speedy upgrade, and head east. Destroy the tanks guarding the Stoudson trigger and keep that one. The Resistance doesn't capture this trigger, so the Stoudson Bomb will not be a worry for this map.

Create Ghargoil 2s and send them all the way to the north, then east past the trigger, to avoid the enemy flak stations. When they pass the trigger, send them south to find the Resistance power stations. Destroy defending units, shoot at the power stations, and if one of them is captured, send your Tarantul in to join the fight. The Resistance Host Station should fall with the help of the Ghargoil 2s.

Missions Unlocked: Snipers I (28)

I recommend The Contact as your next level.

-----The Contact (Level 19)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Tarantul - 1625 energy

-Resistance:
Resistance Host - 5500 energy
> Conquer 85, after 01:00
> Defend 90, after 00:30
> Recon 10, after 00:20
> Attack 30, after 03:00
> Power 10, after 02:36
> Move 5, after 01:18
Units: Weasel, Jaguar, Wasp, Scout, Fox
Buildings: Power Station 1

-Mykonians:
Myko Host - 5500 energy
> Conquer 30, after 01:30
> Defend 60, after 05:00
> Recon 65, after 01:00
> Attack 96, after 03:10
> Move 30, after 06:00
Units: X01 Quadda, 5P0 Air Prism, Radar

-New Building: Kyt Power 1
-Weapon Upgrade: Ghargoil +15 atk, +10 energy

The ability to make power stations is an incredibly important strategic advantage. I recommend this mission as the fourth mission to play, after you acquire the Speedy.

You are in the southwest corner, with two level 2 power stations, and a third unconquered one next to them. The Resistance are to your north and guard the power station upgrade, while the Mykonians are to your east.

Send a Speedy to the north to collect the power station upgrade. Create vehicles for your defense, and send some Ghargoil 2 to the north to attack the Resistance power station. They may rebuild one, but you can capture it and beam on, or destroy it again. In my game they just stopped building them after I destroyed their second one. Keep hammering them with Ghargoils 2s and they should die.

The Mykonians are a bit trickier. Send a scout, and look for an isolated power station on a hill. Plan a route, and send a Speedy through it, and shoot at the power station from below. When it's captured, beam in and create Ghargoil 2s. If the Myko Host sends Quaddas after you, beam away and let the Quaddas leave to attack you at home. Then beam back and let the Tarantul and Ghargoil 2s shoot at the Myko Host. That should destroy it.

Missions Unlocked: Mykonian Encirclement (35)

I recommend Snipers I as the next level.

-----Snipers I (Level 28)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Tarantul - 1750 energy

-Resistance:
Resistance Host - 6000 energy
> Conquer 80, after 00:30
> Defend 30, after 05:00
> Recon 95, after 00:10
> Attack 95, after 01:30
> Power 5, after 08:00
> Move 30, after 07:00
Units: Weasel, Jaguar, Tiger, Wasp, Scout, Fox
Buildings: Power Station 1

-Taerkastens:
Flying Fortress - 6000 energy
> Conquer 50, after 02:00
> Defend 95, after 00:30
> Recon 70, after 01:10
> Attack 30, after 02:50
> Power 30, after 04:40
> Move 10, after 00:40
Units: Eisenhans, Hetzel, Ormu-Scout, Leonid
Buildings: Taer Power 1

-New Unit: Tekh-Trak
-Weapon Upgrade: Ghargoil 2 +15 atk, +10 energy

The Tekh-Traks are the staple heavy unit, excellent for destroying enemy Host Stations after you have beamed right next to them. I recommend playing this mission fourth, after you have acquired power stations, so you can build Tekh-Traks ASAP.

You start on the north side of the map, with a spare power station to your west. The Resistance has a large span of territory on the eastern half of the map, and the Taerkastens are in the Southeast. The Taerkastens have the Tekh-Trak, and they guard the tech upgrade with flaks. It's a short distance to the south of you.

We're going to kill the Taerkastens first. The west side of the map is very undefended, so send Ghargoil 2s in and have them capture the power station. Then fly up to a blind spot of the Flying Fortress and keep firing. Beam your Tarantul in and create more Ghargoil 2s. If the power station is completely destroyed. Whatever the Taerkastens do, don't stop hammering them with the Ghargoil 2s. After a while the Flying Fortress should blow up.

The Resistance have flaks surrounding their borders and I'm too lazy to blow them up, so instead rush some Speedies past the flaks and hammer on a Resistance power station until you capture it. Beam in and create Tekh-Traks, and capture more Resistance power stations. When you have the area generally under control, beam next to the Resistance Host Station for the final showdown! While you watch the two Host Stations fight, help out the Tarantul by letting your Tekh-Traks shoot the Resistance Host Station. Who said it had to be a fair showdown? You win!

Missions Unlocked: Taerkasten Fortress "Smontje Broselsmund" (37), Spiessrutenlauf (39)

I recommend Spiessrutenlauf as the next level.

-----Mykonian Encirclement (Level 35)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Tarantul - 1750 energy

-Mykonians:
Myko Host - 6000 energy
> Conquer 83, after 01:12
> Defend 89, after 06:30
> Recon 76, after 04:30
> Attack 91, after 07:00
> Power 80, after 09:00
> Move 30, after 03:00
Myko Host - 6000 energy
> Conquer 98, after 00:42
> Defend 89, after 03:12
> Recon 78, after 00:40
> Attack 78, after 02:50
> Power 20, after 03:42
> Move 1, after 03:42
Units: X01 Quadda, 5P0 Air Prism, Static, Radar, Crusher
Buildings: Myko Power 1

-New Unit: Ying

While this level yields the somewhat useful Ying, the Ying is not essential for the upcoming missions, and since you are stuck with the inferior Tarantul for this mission, it is okay to leave this one until you have better support in the form of Gigants.

The Ghorkovs are in the middle of the map sandwiched by two Myko Hosts to the north and south. The Ying is northeast of your position, guarded by a line of Myko Flaks.

Killing the South Myko Host will remove all flak stations on the map, which is a great advantage. Run a Speedy down to the southeast region of the map to capture a power wtation. Beam in with the Tarantul and make Tekh-Trak, but beam out of range of the Myko Host because the weak Tarantul stands at risk of being destroyed by the Myko Host's superior firepower. Use the Tekh-Trak to destroy the Myko Host. Alternatively, two Gigants can accomplish the same feat easily.

The next target is in the northwestern region. Use the same tactics to make short work of the Myko Host.

The Beam Gate will be between the Northern Myko Host and your starting position.

Missions Unlocked: Parasite Under Construction (46)

-----Taerkasten Fortress "Smontje Broselsmund" (Level 37)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Skorpio - 1875 energy

-Taerkastens:
Flying Fortress - 6500 energy
> Conquer 89, after 01:40
> Defend 78, after 05:00
> Recon 70, after 00:50
> Attack 95, after 00:38
> Power 80, after 06:40
> Conquer 67, after 00:20
> Defend 60, after 04:27
> Recon 95, after 05:00
> Attack 80, after 07:10
> Power 55, after 07:40
> Move 10, after 15:40
Units: Eisenhans, Hetzel, Ormu-Scout, Leonid, Mnosjetz, Ostwind

-New Unit: Ghargoil 3
-Weapon Upgrade: Ghargoil 2 +15 atk, +10 energy
-Armor Upgrade: Ghor-Scout +5% shield, +10 energy

You have small bases on the east and west edges of the map, while the Taerkasten "Fortress" is in the enter of the map. There is another Flying Fortress in the southwest corner, and the Ghargoil 3 is in the northwest.

If you are following instructions and have the Gigant, this mission could be a lot easier. If not, you'll have to make do with Ghargoil 2s, or send a Speedy to the northwest to find Ghargoil 3s to bomb enemy power stations with.

If you have the Gigant, we can go for the kill in about five minutes. Beam to the east base, create one Gigant, find the Taerkasten base to the west, capture a power station, beam on top of it, and let the Skorpio and a few Tekh-Traks kill the Flying Fortress. Then send the Gigant southwest (or create a new one if the first one was killed) and also capture the Taerkasten power stations. Repeat the process of beaming over and letting the Skorpio destroy the Flying Fortress with help from Gigants or Tekh-Traks, at your discretion.

Missions Unlocked: In Last Second (48)

-----Spiessrutenlauf (Level 39)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Skorpio - 1875 energy

-Resistance:
Resistance Host - 6500 energy
> Conquer 95, after 00:30
> Defend 89, after 01:10
> Recon 85, after 00:10
> Attack 55, after 03:40
> Power 30, after 06:00
> Flak 20, after 07:30
> Move 10, after 08:10
Units: Weasel, Jaguar, Tiger, Wasp, Scout, Hornet, Fox
Buildings: Power Station 1, Flak Station 1

-Taerkastens:
> Conquer 65, after 02:18
> Defend 80, after 00:12
> Recon 95, after 00:20
> Attack 91, after 03:00
> Power 75, after 05:42
> Move 10, after 07:00
Units: Eisenhans, Hetzel, Ormu-Scout, Leonid, Mnosjetz, Ostwind

-New Building: Kyt Power 1+
-Weapon Upgrade: Speedy +15 atk, +15 energy

The Power Station 2 is a welcome upgrade over the Power Station 1. In addition, the beam gate in this level leads to Taerkasten Wimps, which gives you Gigants. For these reasons, I recommend this as the sixth level.

You start out in the northwest, at the end of a long road. On the north side of this road are the Resistance, and to the south are the Taerkastens. The road leads to the southeast corner with Ghorkov power stations. Both enemy factions have flak placements around their borders, and the important Power Station upgrade is in the southwest, deep in Taerkasten territory.

We're going for a quick kill against the Taerkastens in the first seven minutes or so. Send all Speedies along the red road to the power station, and conquer. Beam on to it. Now, send a scout to find one level 4 power station with the Flying Fortress right next to it. Send a squad of Speedies to capture that one quickly. Beam on and create Ghargoil 2s and shoot at the Flying Fortress. It should die quickly because you caught it off guard.

The Resistance look like they're well defended, but we're going to use an old tactic. Sneak in along the edge of the map. Send a squad of Ghargoil 2s to the northern edge of the map and creep to the west until you find Resistance power stations with the Host Station nearby. Capture one, and beam in with the new Skorpio AKA the OwnStation 9001!!! Let your new Skorpio live up to its name and give the Resistance a nice deadly sting of ownage and all that good stuff. Make Tekh-Traks to destroy the Resistance power stations before killing the Host Station. Skorpios own.

I didn't even notice I had the Skorpio until after I had defeated the Flying Fortress. Heh...

Missions Unlocked: Taerkasten Wimps (56)

Next stop, Taerkasten Wimps. Gigant, we're comin' for ya!

-----Parasite Under Construction (Level 46)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Skorpio - 1875 energy

-Mykonians:
Myko Host - 6500 energy
> Conquer 85, after 00:30
> Defend 85, after 01:40
> Recon 89, after 02:00
> Attack 96, after 04:40
> Power 40, after 04:40
> Move 30, after 05:10
Myko Host - 6500 energy
> Conquer 97, after 00:10
> Defend 97, after 02:12
> Recon 91, after 00:30
> Attack 85, after 03:06
> Power 40, after 12:30
Buildings: Myko Power

-New Unit: Yang
-Weapon Upgrade: Speedy +15 atk, +15 energy

-Stoudson Bomb - 15:00

The Mykonians hold four hills in the area completely inaccessible to ground vehicles. One in the northwest corner is a small unoccupied base containing a radar station and one power station. One to the southeast of your current position is unoccupied, well defended, and has a few power stations. One in the southeast of the map has a Myko Host, a few flak stations, and a power station. The last and largest hill is in the southwest region, is well fortified, and contains the Parasite which serves as a Stoudson Bomb. The Yang is in the north- east corner of the map, and there is an unoccupied power station between the two eastern Mykonian hills.

It is advisable to have Gigants for this mission, as they destroy Myko Host Stations and flak stations. The Skorpio can hold its own against any Mykonian air units, so you do not need to worry too much about defenses. Use a scout to find the unoccupied power station and use it as a base from which to launch attacks on the two Myko Host Stations. Use Speedies to capture sectors so that you have a stable power supply.

The Southwest hill contains the Parasite and destroying this Myko Host will also destroy all Mykonian flak stations. It would be advantageous to destroy this one first. Gigants can do this job easily, but if Gigants are not available, other air units must somehow be used to capture a Power station so that you can beam up to the hills and make Tekh-Traks. It is far easier to just use the Gigants, of course.

Gigants destroy Myko Host Stations and flak stations, and your Host Station can hold its own against any Mykonian air unit swarm. Scout around and you notice four hills owned by Mykonians. Between the two eastern ones there is a power station. Capture it and beam on, while you send Speedies to conquer sectors. Build more Power Stations and prepare to assault the Southwest hill (the one with the Stoudson Bomb) One or two Gigants should do it. After that do the same to the other Myko Host, wherever it is.

Missions Unlocked: The Stoudson Cooperation (58), Frozen Kamshadka (67)

-----In Last Second (Level 48)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Skorpio - 2000 energy

-Taerkastens:
Flying Fortress - 7000 energy
> Conquer 85, after 00:40
> Defend 45, after 05:30
> Attack 87, after 00:40
> Power 75, after 03:40
> Flak 34, after 07:30
> Conquer 79, after 00:40
> Defend 95, after 03:20
> Recon 89, after 00:20
> Attack 75, after 00:10
> Power 75, after 04:30
> Flak 35, after 07:30
> Move 10, after 03:40
Units: Eisenhans, Hetzel, Ormu-Scout, Serp, Leonid, Mnosjetz, Zeppelin, Thor's Hammer, Ostwind
Buildings: Taer Power 1, Taer Power 1+, Taer Flak

-Black Sect:
Resistance Anvil - 7000 energy
> Conquer 76, after 00:20
> Defend 84, after 01:50
> Recon 79, after 00:10
> Attack 82, after 03:50
> Power 89, after 02:00
> Flak 50, after 05:20
> Move 10, after 00:20
Units: Speedy, Ghargoil 1, Ghargoil 3, Ghargoil 2, Eisenhans, Hetzel, Ormu-Scout, Serp, Leonid
Buildings: Taer Power 1, Kyt Power 1+, Black Sect Flak

-New Building: Kyt Flak
-Radar Upgrade: Ghor-Scout +1 radar, +10 energy

The Ghorkovs start isolated in the northeast corner of the map. The Taerkastens have the entire western half of the map, with one Flying Fortress starting in the northwest and the other in the southwest. The Flak Station technology is in the middle of their territory. The Black Sect are occupying the southeast corner of this map. The Ghorkovs have three groups of flak stations down the center of the map. However, as the mission objective states, the previous Ghorkovian commander was incompetent, and all three are under attack.

I would advise that for this level, if any of the above mentioned groups of flak stations complain that they are under attack - ignore them completely. You have better things to do than to save them.

Build a power station right where you're standing, and use a Scout to look for the flak station upgrade (where you see a tech upgrade in the mission briefing) and send a Speedy or a Ying (preferred) to capture it. Build some Flak Stations to defend yourself while you mount your attack.

Next, look for the Flying Fortress to the northwest. Use Speedies or Yings to capture a power station, and beam the Skorpio in. Create Tekh-Traks and lock your creation energy. The Skorpio and the Tekh-Traks should easily destroy the Flying Fortress without further assistance. The computer Taerkastens are very easy to kill for Ghorkovs.

Once the northern Flying Fortress is dead, all flak stations of the Taerkastens die as well. Repeat the same procedure with the second Flying Fortress to the south.

Now look to the east where the Black Sect are. Use Speedies to capture a few power stations, and beam in to attack. This will require more caution than the Flying Fortress. Use Gigants to support the Skorpio, and take apart the Black Sect's power stations. Continue to hammer the Black Sect's Host Station with Gigants and Tekh-Traks, and it will go down soon enough.

Missions Unlocked: Pirates Islands of Chinese See (69)

-----Taerkasten Wimps (Level 56)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Skorpio - 2000 energy

-Resistance:
Resistance Host - 7000 energy
> Conquer 99, after 00:10
> Defend 70, after 03:50
> Attack 89, after 01:30
> Power 79, after 03:00
> Flak 40, after 03:50
> Move 40, after 03:40
Units: Weasel, Jaguar, Tiger, Falcon, Marauder, Wasp, Scout, Firefly, Hornet, Fox
Buildings: Power Station 1, Power Station 1+, Flak Station 1, Flak Station 2

-Taerkastens:
> Conquer 65, after 00:23
> Defend 75, after 06:40
> Recon 96, after 00:35
> Attack 97, after 02:00
> Power 72, after 03:40
> Flak 48, after 03:20
> Move 20, after 10:00
> Conquer 95, after 00:50
> Defend 98, after 01:30
> Recon 63, after 00:12
> Attack 71, after 04:40
> Power 55, after 04:50
> Flak 24, after 06:40
Units: Eisenhans, Hetzel, Ormu-Scout, Serp, Leonid, Mnosjetz, Zeppelin, Thor's Hammer, Ostwind
Buildings: Taer Power 1, Taer Power 1+, Taer Flak

-New Unit: Gigant

The Gigant is a very powerful unit and essential for capturing enemy power stations. I recommend that this unit be obtained as early as possible and thus recommend this mission as your seventh.

You start out on top of the beam gate, funnily enough. The space to your north is unoccupied land, while the Resistance lie to the west. The two Taerkasten wimps in this level are to the south, one on top of each hill on the southeast and southwest areas. The technology upgrade that we want so much is on the west side of the map, on the edge of Taerkasten territory. It has flak stations on top of it to defend it, making it harder to capture.

Start out by creating a few of those Power Station 2s you got from the last mission. Create Speedies and Ghargoils at home as well to defend. Send a few Speedies to conquer the land to the northeast to gain more power. Once you feel comfortable with your power and home defenses, it's time to take out the Taerkastens, because they have two Host Stations, which is very annoying. Rush a Speedy to the southeast hill, evading all flak fire, and capture the level 2 power station. Beam the Skorpio in and watch it singlehandedly destroy a Flying Fortress. No contest. Though I suppose you could get help from a few Ghargoil 2s if you needed. However before my Ghargoil 2s had finished building, the Flying Fortress was already dead. The Skorpio owns that much. Next!

Beam back home and create some more Speedies to do the same thing. Sneak the Speedies past the flaks and capture the weaker level 2 power station next to the one the Flying Fortress is sitting on, and beam on to watch the Skorpio kick the Flying Fortress around. You can also create Ghargoil 2s to assist in the untimely demise of the Flying Fortress, at your discretion. Once both Flying Fortresses are knocked out of the sky, you'll get the Gigant, and a nice patch of land. Go ahead and destroy the old base you had, because this one's a bit easier to defend. Create more power stations in this new base.

Time to test out the new Gigant! Your power absorption should be maxed out and absolutely insane now, so you can pump out those Gigants in large numbers. But all we'll need are two. Use a Scout to find the Resistance power stations, then send the Gigants over. When they get close, fire away to capture the power stations. Beam in with the Skorpio and watch the epic battle unfold. Create more Gigants to destroy Resistance power and flak stations, then destroy the Resistance Host Station.

Missions Unlocked: Pirates Islands of Chinese See (69)

-----The Stoudson Cooperation (Level 58)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Skorpio - 2000 energy

-Resistance:
> Conquer 85, after 01:10
> Defend 92, after 00:30
> Recon 71, after 00:50
> Attack 64, after 02:52
> Power 30, after 05:00
> Flak 45, after 09:00
> Move 40, after 07:00
Units: Weasel, Jaguar, Tiger, Falcon, Marauder, Wasp, Warhammer, Scout, Firefly, Hornet, Fox

-Mykonians:
Myko Host - 7000 energy
> Conquer 80, after 01:30
> Defend 67, after 03:00
> Recon 91, after 00:40
> Attack 91, after 01:00
> Power 60, after 03:20
> Flak 20, after 04:00
> Move 40, after 03:10
Myko Host - 7000 energy
> Conquer 30, after 05:00
> Defend 91, after 01:50
> Recon 40, after 01:30
> Attack 71, after 01:30
> Power 20, after 06:40
> Flak 40, after 04:50
Buildings: Myko Power, Myko Flak

-Black Sect:
Resistance Anvil - 7000 energy
> Conquer 65, after 00:30
> Defend 96, after 02:20
> Recon 85, after 01:00
> Attack 76, after 03:20
> Power 55, after 07:36
> Flak 31, after 08:00
> Move 54, after 16:00
Units: Weasel, Jaguar, Marauder, Wasp, Scout, Hornet, Ghor-Scout, Ghargoil 1, Tekh-Trak, Ghargoil 2, X01 Quadda, Static, Crusher
Buildings: Power Station 1+, Kyt Power 1+, Black Sect Flak

-New Unit: Tien-Ying 7
-Weapon Upgrade: Tekh Trak +15 atk, 12.5 energy

-Stoudson Bomb - 45:00
-Stoudson Bomb - 50:00
-Stoudson Bomb - 55:00
-Stoudson Bomb - 60:00

I have no idea what kind of "cooperation" this level name references, because everyone's trying to kill everyone else.

The Ghorkovs start in the northwest corner of the map. There are two Mykonian Host Stations to the south and to the east of your position, while the Black Sect occupy the center of the map and the gap between the two Mykonian bases and the Ghorkov starting location. The Resistance, along with all four Stoudson Bombs, cover the eastern area of the map. The Tien-Ying 7 is in Black Sect land, to the east of your starting location beyond the Mykonian Host Station.

Normally I would kill the Black Sect first, but in this case the Mykonians are much easier to kill with Gigants, and we would like their land. The eastern one goes first, and with it goes all the Mykonian Flak Stations.

Once both Myko Hosts explode, beam the Skorpio to the eastmost power station you have. The Black Sect will be to the south. Send more Gigants toward them and destroy them.

This should leave you plenty of time before the Stoudson Bombs start exploding. Scout out the resistance. Their Host Station should be sitting on one power station with another one close by. Use the new Tien-Ying 7 to soften up the defenses and capture the unoccupied power station. Conquer it, then use it as the base from which to send Gigants to kill the Resistance. The Skorpio can hold off the Resistance Host and any units it tries to defend itself with, so if you can capture the Power station the Resistance Host is sitting on, feel free to do so as well.

Missions Unlocked: No More Tide (77)

-----Frozen Kamshadka (Level 67)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Skorpio - 2000 energy

-Resistance:
> Conquer 60, after 06:00
> Defend 99, after 01:12
> Recon 53, after 05:00
> Attack 88, after 01:48
> Power 20, after 08:00
> Flak 80, after 08:50
> Move 60, after 07:00
Units: Weasel, Jaguar, Tiger, Falcon, Marauder, Wasp, Scout, Firefly, Hornet, Fox

-Mykonians:
Myko Host - 7000 energy
> Conquer 79, after 08:00
> Defend 87, after 05:00
> Recon 89, after 03:00
> Attack 87, after 07:30
> Power 30, after 37:00
> Radar 4, after 35:21
> Flak 10
> Move 20, after 36:00
Myko Host - 7000 energy
> Conquer 91, after 01:30
> Defend 42, after 02:10
> Recon 62, after 01:20
> Attack 91, after 03:00
> Power 76, after 26:30
> Radar 2, after 28:20
> Flak 34
> Move 20, after 21:40
Myko Host - 7000 energy
> Conquer 55, after 00:36
> Defend 94, after 01:24
> Recon 83, after 00:40
> Attack 91, after 01:40
Units: X01 Quadda, 5P0 Air Prism, Static, Radar, Air Stick, Bomber, Crusher
Buildings: Myko Power, Myko Flak, Myko Radar

-New Building: Kyt Radar
-Weapon Upgrade: Speedy +15 atk, 15 energy

Most of this map is a plateau, with lower regions on the east and south edges of the map. You start on the west side of the map, while the Resistance has the northwest and center. The three(!) Mykonian Host Stations occupy the northeast, the center, and the southwest. They also have another base in the southeast of the map. The Radar Station is to the southeast of your position, in Mykonian territory.

Since there is only one of the Resistance, they should be killed first so you can inherit their land. This can easily be accomplished by sending Gigants to destroy the flak stations and power station on the way to the Host Station. Dodge any Foxes that try to stop you, and destroy the Resistance Host.

The Resistance base in the center can be used as a point from which you can attack the three Mykonian Host Stations. All three should be easily destroyed by using Gigants to capture a power station and beaming next to the Host Station, while the Gigants support the Skorpio in destroying the Myko Host. The Host Station to the northeast is the one that controls the pre-deployed flak stations belonging to the Mykonians, but the center Host Station is closer and will thus be both easier to kill and more annoying with Quadda attacks. Your call on which to kill first.

Missions Unlocked: No More Tide (77)

-----Pirates Islands of Chinese See (Level 69)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Skorpio - 2250 energy

-Resistance:
Resistance Host - 8000 energy
> Conquer 91, after 00:06
> Defend 96, after 00:36
> Recon 71, after 02:30
> Attack 82, after 02:42
> Power 45, after 04:00
> Radar 2, after 14:00
> Flak 20, after 13:00
> Move 50, after 05:12
Units: Weasel, Jaguar, Tiger, Falcon, Marauder, Wasp, Warhammer, Scout, Firefly, Rhino, Dragonfly, Hornet, Fox
Buildings: Power Station 1, Power Station 1+, Power Station 2, Flak Station 1, Flak Station 2, Radar Station 1

-Taerkastens:
Flying Fortress - 8000 energy
> Conquer 91, after 02:18
> Defend 95, after 00:12
> Recon 60, after 03:36
> Attack 45, after 11:20
> Power 70, after 07:48
> Radar 2, after 26:00
> Flak 31, after 18:00
> Move 67, after 01:18
Units: Phantom, Eisenhans, Hetzel, Bronsteijn, Ormu-Scout, Serp, Leonid, Mnosjetz, Zeppelin, Thor's Hammer, Ostwind
Buildings: Taer Power 1, Taer Power 1+, Taer Flak, Taer Radar

-Black Sect:
Resistance Anvil - 8000 energy
> Conquer 61, after 03:56
> Defend 67, after 03:20
> Recon 89, after 00:40
> Attack 93, after 00:10
> Power 55, after 08:00
> Radar 24, after 15:40
> Flak 45, after 07:00
> Move 80, after 10:38
Units: Tiger, Falcon, Firefly, Fox, Speedy, Ghargoil 3, Ghargoil 2, Eisenhans, Hetzel, Ormu-Scout, Serp, Leonid, Thor's Hammer
Buildings: Power Station 1+, Taer Power 1+, Power Station 2, Black Sect Flak, Radar Station 1

-Weapon Upgrade: Tekh-Trak +15 atk, +12.5 energy
-Weapon Upgrade: Ying +5 atk, +10 energy
-Weapon Upgrade: Ghargoil 3 +15 atk, +12.5 energy
-Weapon Upgrade: Tien-Ying 7 +15 atk, +17.5 energy
-Armor Upgrade: Ghor-Scout +5% shield, +5 energy

The Skorpio starts out alone in the northeast corner, and the Resistance are to the south, in the southeast corner. To the west are the Black Sect, who occupy a large area in the middle of the map, with the Black Sect Station in the north. Past the Black Sect territory, the Taerkastens are on the west side of the map.

You have no land at the beginning. It is ABSOLUTELY VITAL that you kill the Black Sect IMMEDIATELY to steal their land. Create one or two Gigants to head the initial attack force. Head west to find the Black Sect radar station, and destroy it. From there, keep heading west until you see yet another radar. Dismantle that one as well, then look southwest for a level 2 power station. Capture it and beam on, and create a few Tekh-Traks. Let the Tekh-Traks and the Gigant head to the northwest where the Black Sect Station is, and let your attack force shoot at the Black Sect Station. Beam the Skorpio next to the action to help out as well. You must destroy the Black Sect Station. Once that's done, find your new power station to the southwest. There should be a level 4 next to a level 2. Beam there and create flaks to defend yourself.

The Taerkastens to the west of you can be easily destroyed with a few Gigants. Send parties of two Gigants at a time to slip past their defenses, wreck their power stations, and ravage the Flying Fortress. It should go down in no time, giving you even more land!

Find your southeastern power station, and send a scout to find the Resistance level 2 power station to the east of that. Beam there and capture it, setting up a flak or two. Use this as a forward base. Capture the main Resistance power station with Gigants or any other choice. In my game the Resistance Host Station moved off to build a radar or something, so I captured it while they were gone. Chase that Resistance Host Station down and kill it.

Missions Unlocked: Parasite Dome (79)

-----No More Tide (Level 77)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Skorpio - 2250 energy

-Resistance:
> Conquer 94, after 00:18
> Defend 99, after 03:30
> Recon 90, after 01:18
> Attack 83, after 06:00
> Power 40, after 05:00
> Radar 1, after 15:00
> Flak 45, after 06:54
> Move 79, after 13:36
> Conquer 95, after 02:18
> Defend 79, after 08:00
> Recon 70, after 02:36
> Attack 94, after 08:00
> Power 50, after 13:00
> Flak 20, after 09:30
> Move 80, after 25:36
Units: Weasel, Jaguar, Tiger, Falcon, Marauder, Wasp, Warhammer, Scout, Firefly, Rhino, Dragonfly, Hornet, Fox
Buildings: Power Station 1, Power Station 1+, Power Station 2, Flak Station 1, Flak Station 2, Radar Station 1

-Mykonians:
Myko Host - 8000 energy
> Conquer 80, after 04:00
> Defend 89, after 06:20
> Recon 85, after 01:40
> Attack 98, after 10:00
> Power 55, after 06:40
> Radar 1, after 35:00
> Flak 65, after 09:00
> Move 78, after 13:00
Myko Host - 8000 energy
> Conquer 85, after 01:30
> Defend 73, after 06:30
> Recon 93, after 03:00
> Attack 89, after 04:00
> Power 50, after 08:00
> Flak 60, after 18:36
> Move 89, after 10:00
Units: Hourglass, X01 Quadda, 5P0 Air Prism, Static, Radar, Air Stick, Bomber, Crusher

-Black Sect:
Resistance Anvil - 8000 energy
> Conquer 80, after 01:06
> Defend 89, after 01:40
> Recon 93, after 00:30
> Attack 92, after 02:18
> Power 20, after 08:00
> Radar 1, after 40:00
> Flak 30, after 02:50
> Move 92, after 06:00
Units: Weasel, Jaguar, Marauder, Wasp, Dragonfly, Ghor-Scout, Tekh-Trak, Ormu-Scout, X01 Quadda, 5P0 Air Stick, Bomber, Crusher
Buildings: Power Station 1+, Taer Power 1+, Power Station 2, Black Sect Flak, Radar Station 1

Again you are alone in the northwest corner. Immediately to the south of you is the Black Sect Station. Farther to the south, the Resistance Host Stations occupy the southwest corner of the map. The Mykonians occupy almost the entire eastern half of the map, and there are extra Black Sect bases in the center of the map and also in the southeast corner.

Because the Black Sect are so close to you and they have extra land, we'll want to kill them first. Use a Tien-Ying 7 to go south and capture the level 2 power station next to the Black Sect Station, and beam onto it for an up close and personal battle! Create two Gigants, lock creation energy, and fire away!

Once they are dead, find the base in the southeast corner of the map and beam to it. Make flak stations to defend yourself and increase your power output by "rearranging" some power stations, destroying some and rebuilding others, and conquering more sectors.

The Resistance should focus their efforts on fighting the Mykonians and should not be bothering you for now, so we'll kill the Mykonians next. Use Tien-Ying 7 or Gigants to quickly capture a power station, beam in, create Gigants, and kill both Mykonian Host Stations. This should be a pathetically easy fight.

You can expect the Resistance to put up... more resistance (lol!). Use Gigants to take apart a few of their border flak stations and weaken their level 6 power stations. If you can capture a power station and beam next to the Resistance Host Stations, they should die quickly. I found one Resistance Host Station that moved away to create a flak station far away from home, and destroyed it there. Your mileage may vary, but as soon as you find a way to get close to their Host Station with the Skorpio and a few Gigants, it will be over quickly!

Missions Unlocked: Parasite Dome (79)

-----Parasite Dome (Level 79)-----

-Ghorkovs:
Skorpio - 2500 energy

-Resistance:
Resistance Host - 9000 energy
> Conquer 78, after 02:18
> Defend 98, after 03:36
> Recon 95, after 01:00
> Attack 95, after 01:36
> Power 70, after 07:00
> Flak 50, after 09:00
> Move 99, after 08:00

-Mykonians:
Myko Host - 9000 energy
> Conquer 87, after 04:30
> Defend 98, after 00:06
> Recon 86, after 00:30
> Attack 97, after 02:30
> Power 70, after 04:18
> Flak 56, after 05:36
> Move 80, after 02:18
Units: Hourglass, X01 Quadda, 5P0 Air Prism, Static, Radar, Air Stick, Bomber, Crusher

-Taerkastens:
Flying Fortress - 9000 energy
> Conquer 80, after 03:36
> Defend 89, after 04:48
> Recon 90, after 02:00
> Attack 90, after 02:18
> Power 40, after 02:36
> Flak 60, after 05:18
> Move 80, after 02:54
Units: Eisenhans, Hetzel, Bronsteijn, Ormu-Scout, Serp, Leonid, Mnosjetz, Zeppelin, Thor's Hammer, Ostwind
Buildings: Taer Power 1, Taer Power 1+, Taer Flak, Taer Radar

-Black Sect:
Resistance Anvil - 9000 energy
> Conquer 50, after 15:00
> Defend 80, after 06:30
> Recon 95, after 01:30
> Attack 85, after 07:36
> Power 30, after 08:54
> Flak 43, after 17:00
> Move 80, after 28:00
Resistance Anvil - 9000 energy
> Conquer 56, after 01:06
> Defend 96, after 01:36
> Recon 78, after 00:12
> Attack 98, after 02:12
> Power 40, after 04:54
> Flak 20, after 05:12
Units: Weasel, Jaguar, Tiger, Falcon, Marauder, Wasp, Warhammer, Scout, Firefly, Rhino, Dragonfly, Hornet, Fox, Speedy, Ying, Ghargoil, Ghargoil 3, Tekh-Trak, Gigant, Ghargoil 2, Ghor-Scout, Tien-Ying 7, Yang, Eisenhans, Hetzel, Bronsteijn, Ormu-Scout, Serp, Leonid, Mnosjetz, Zeppelin, Thor's Hammer, Ostwind, Hourglass, X01 Quadda, 5PO Air Prism, Static, Radar, Air Stick, Bomber, Crusher

-Stoudson Bomb - 00:10
-Stoudson Bomb - 00:10
-Stoudson Bomb - 45:00

Once again you are alone with nothing to start you off. The Resistance are to your south and hold strong power stations along with a few sectors for the ten second Stoudson Bomb. There is one Black Sect Station to your east, and another is to the northeast of the Resistance. The Taerkastens also have a Stoudson Bomb and occupy most of the east side of the map. The Mykonians are in the middle with their Parasite Machine, also a Stoudson Bomb.

Welcome to the final level. And now that we're here, we are no longer under the obligation to kill all enemies and not use Stoudson Bombs. So let's take advantage of this opportunity. We're going to activate a ten second bomb. One of them is in the hands of the Taerkastens with one sector under Mykonian control, and the other one belongs to the Resistance, with the Black Sect holding the last one. We're going to steal the Stoudson Bomb from right under the Taerkasten and Mykonian's noses. The unit of choice will the Tien Ying.

Set up a power station and let Yings capture a few sectors. Build four flak stations to defend yourself. Most factions will fight each other and only the Black Sect should ever be attacking you, so don't worry too much about defenses.

The first and hardest sector shall be the one in the southeast corner. That one is guarded by two Ostwinds. You'll have to go down low to shoot them, and they'll be firing their anti-air missiles at you. However, two trips with Tien Yings should result in you destroying them.

The second sector is guarded by Hetzels and can be seen if you fly directly east from your starting position. The Tien Ying can destroy the slow moving Hetzels easily, and take the sector.

The third sector is easy. It is in Mykonian territory a small distance southeast of the second one, and is completely unguarded.

The final sector is right next to the Taerkasten Host Station. Keep flying Tien Yings in and keep taking it. The Taerkastens take a few seconds before they figure out they need to recapture it, so you'll shave off a few seconds off of the timer. A few trips should be all that is necessary to WIN THE MAP!

Be sure to fly along with the Red Wave of Death and watch as enemy Host Stations get blown up when they touch it!

When your Stoudson Bomb reaches the other side of the map, it'll trigger the Resistance's ten second bomb, and that will explode too! Except it won't kill anyone this time. Oh well...

The fact that the enemy does not actively attempt to defend and re-capture its Stoudson Trigger Sectors is a testament to the ABSOLUTE STUPIDITY of the AI.

If you think this tactic is too cheap, then... I'm not sure what you can do, because if defeating a faction gives you their sectors, there really isn't a way to avoid capturing Stoudson sectors, unless you edit the level file and increase their timers. But that wouldn't be right, now would it? >:)

My Stats for the Ghorkov Campaign:
Score this mission: 12
Score overall: 6707
Time this mission: 8:16
Time overall: 3:55:22

=====Versioning Info=====

7/1/09
Finally, after this long period of inactivity, I have completed another run of the Ghorkov campaign and rewritten the level guide based on my experiences.
Version 1.1.0 includes the detailed budget values of each AI Host Station as well as a description of the layout of each level. I have also improved my time compared to the last playthrough, and my guide is updated with new strategies to help you complete the levels quickly and more easily as well.

12/25/08
Merry Christmas. The Units and Buildings list is removed so I only have to maintain it in one location. The unneeded Random section is removed.

12/26/07
Version 1.0.0 is the first complete version of this document. All levels and all parts of the document are completed. Changes from 0.98 include the re-addition of the two "missing" levels, a rewrite of some other levels, in preparation for the next release after 1.0.0, and the correction of a small error - the Skorpio has four flak guns, not five.

12/25/07
Version 0.98 is a small Christmas update. The Units and Buildings list was updated to include Weapon IDs and Weapon Attack Multipliers, and the final level was added. The only levels not in this guide are now the two "missing" levels.

12/22/07
Version 0.97 adds two more levels, some buildings that were missing, and fixes some Host Station budget values.

12/19/07
Version 0.95 is the almost-complete version of this document. All parts of the document are completed with the exception of the last three levels and two levels for which mission instructions are missing. Planned changes in the future include more detailed descriptions of the layout of the levels and of the locations of the enemy Host Stations.

=====GNU Free Documentation License=====
Please read the GNU Free Documentation License at:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt
Last edited by GoldStar611 on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: GoldStar611: Updated links to correct location

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Re: Ghorkov Campaign Guide

Post by leftylink » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:24 am

Reserved for Leftylink
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:24 am

Reserved for Leftylink
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

Urbana
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Urbana » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:24 am

That was indeed helpful cause in the early missions i was getting owned by the resistance, but came back in the end to kill them but this will make replaying metropolis dawn very fun. :mrgreen:
I have been away too long. The challenge has waned. They must learn anew the meaning of ph34r
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/TheResistanceUB2-1.png[/img]
://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t318/Al-Khabir/UrbanAssaultSig.gif[/img]

Building
Bomber
Bomber

Post by Building » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:50 am

its posible to have a buildable stoudson bomb?,not for detonation.but to create strong points to put tanks

john1352
Ghargoil 3
Ghargoil 3

Post by john1352 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:20 am

Yes, in the save file or the level file enable one or more of the following buildings:
35: Deactivated stoudson bomb
36: Activated stoudson bomb
37: Destroyed stoudson bomb
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/FalconUB.png[/img]

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Alfa » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:17 am

john1352 wrote:Yes, in the save file or the level file enable one or more of the following buildings:
35: Deactivated stoudson bomb
36: Activated stoudson bomb
37: Destroyed stoudson bomb
Though creating one of those causes a crash, if I remember correctly.
://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff34/AlfaGoon/GIMP/cannabitchsig.gif?t=1226184091[/img]

john1352
Ghargoil 3
Ghargoil 3

Post by john1352 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:52 am

Ok, I think i remember something like that happening. I just got those out of BUILD.scr.
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/FalconUB.png[/img]

Building
Bomber
Bomber

Post by Building » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:43 pm

The stoudson bombe with sparks works great,the others bombs crash

Yakamaru
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Yakamaru » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:54 pm

Nice guide. ^^

Having alot of trouble with the last mission of the Ghorkovs, the mission called "Parasite Dome". Considering i don't wanna be cheap and finish off my enemies through cowardice, the 10 second Stoudson Bombs are outta the question. (Kicking some Taerkasten and Resistance butt with some human-controlled Gharghoil 2's or a Gigant works wonders on AI controlled units, such as Foxes, Leonids, Q01 Quadda, Falcons or any other unit, for that matter.)

I've been giving it a couple of tries, and it seems like it's hard, knowing that there's two races holding 2 10 second Stoudsons in their possession. Isen't there any way to increase the timer, or remove the Bombs alltogether? That way i don't need to worry about blowing up every second. (10-15 minutes into the mission, any way)

Increasing the timer would more or less do it, making it 30 minutes or so. In that time i got plenty of time to spam Yings, Tien Yin 7 and some Gigants(One hell of a unit. Can take out a ton of Flak Stations with a single unit, even when close to eachother) for attacking the juicy Host Stations. The only problem is that they keep on taking the Stoudson Bomb sectors, which makes it a little hard for Ghorkovs, as they don't got any real tanks or heavy air units, or any heavy air units, for that matter. I guess they make up for it with diversity in units and how they attack/react to enemies, i guess.
There exist 10 different types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Stupidity is at large!
You are just stupid.