Question about Beam Gate in MD campaign

"A monolithic opposition force predating the Toxic age..."
Vind
Firefly
Firefly

Question about Beam Gate in MD campaign

Postby Vind » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:56 pm

I just recently began playing this awesome expansion and noticed strange thing with beam gate capacity. After completing Ghovkovs mission "Doublecrossed" i got beam gate with 1600 capacity for unit transfer to next mission. I place into the beam gate exactly 4 units for 1600 energy -> 2 Tekh-Traks (500 each) and 2 Speedy(300 each) yet only 3 units became available in next mission - last unit to enter gate never arrives on next mission. It is no big deal but still maybe it can be fixed somehow? After a bit of experimenting any amount less than 1600 is coming through so it is not a bug after all i guess.

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Question about Beam Gate in MD campaign

Postby Ormu » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:01 pm

Welcome to the forums. I have noticed this too, and as far as I remember, it's independent of the campaign being played. It's probably a bug as being able to transport only vehicles worth (Energy - 1) doesn't seem logical. The beam gate doesn't even give the "Beam Gate full" warning if the energy of the loaded vehicles doesn't exceed the capacity.

Have you noticed if this occurs every time? I'm not sure but I think it does not. It may occur every time at a certain point of the campaign but what happens when you gain more beam energy or put different vehicles into the gate?

Now something worth experimenting: As most energies are internally defined 100-fold, what happens if the beam gate capacity is 159999? Is it rounded to "1600" in the game? I'm pretty sure that this isn't the reason behind this bug, but who knows...
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.

Vind
Firefly
Firefly

Re: Question about Beam Gate in MD campaign

Postby Vind » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:00 am

It is happening with beam gates in MD ghorkov campaign im currently playing with 1600 and 2000 point gates verified by reloading save file. In last mission beam gate was with 2000 energy points and it transported only 3 tanks to next mission instead of 4 present at the gate( 500 points each) but replacing 1 tank for 400 points Ghargoil 2 helicopter works as transported value now 1900 instead of 2000.

Return to “Ghorkovs”