Firefly is bugy any advice?

"The Resistance needs you..."
Slyboots
Firefly
Firefly

Firefly is bugy any advice?

Post by Slyboots » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:22 am

im sure many people know that the firefly as a helicopter is very bugy is there a newer version on helicopter patch or some other value I can change manualy to stop them flying up into the stratosphere and going totaly crazy like they do all the time this being a problem not just in the Resistance camp but when fighting against the resiatnce in metropolis dawn its also esstenial in the rhino gambit the one where you spam the enemys targeting then take out a critial target like a power station a turret a radar station or a host station.....

any advice thanks in advance and all iv never even got the game working in multiplayer before yet think this one of the best games of all time shame windows dosent have any compitant version of compatability mode since not everybody can have an old computer well peace all...

sorry if theres info about this somewhere else I miss'd I did have a pritty good look

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Firefly is bugy any advice?

Post by Ormu » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:00 pm

Have you downloaded the helicopter patch file from metropolisdawn.com? It has only Ghargoils and Dragonfly patched as other copters usually work properly without patching. Try this:

link>> viewtopic.php?f=23&t=207

Open the user.scr file in Notepad and find Firefly. I think its name is "Knuddel" in the scripts.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

Slyboots
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Slyboots » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:24 pm

im actualy allready useing helicopter-patch and helicopter-patch-Metropolis-Dawn and you did just say it only affects ghargoils and lawnmowers (dragonfly) where as im specifcly concend about fireflys which in my game they fly up so high if you virtual presance shift into them there so high up you cant see the ground for 3 minets and that the air for them quite plainly dosent work at all whatsover unless you wanna use them as invisable scouts for radar that move randomly and are too high up for anything to shoot down

is this a problem other people have not had????

Imricdaelf
Fox
Fox

Post by Imricdaelf » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:33 pm

I had to manually edit both the files for every single unit that was a helicopter, I changed the maxrot on every one of them to 5. I used Find to get to every "heli" entry, and checked to make sure it was a helicopter class unit.

Firefly, Dragonfly, Wasp, Hornet, Ghargoils, all of them.

Slyboots
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Slyboots » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:09 pm

Well its all greek or russian or something to me and I can't find the firely in FEINDE.SCR in scripts when I open in wordpad this is the FEINDE.SCR for the core game I know you edit the one in xpdata aswell but for starters lets just assess what its calld where it is and what i need to do which is edit the line that looks like "maxrot = x.x" for the firefly unit which I can't find the entry for.

leftylink
Useless Bystander Admin
Useless Bystander Admin

Post by leftylink » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:17 am

Yeah, the Firefly would be in user.scr, not feinde.scr... hope that helps.
~Leftylink, the former Useless Bystander Admin.
Retired from UA since university. May play again someday...

"SERP RUSH KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!!!"
"OMG I SAID NO RUSH 15 MINS!!!!!!" *dies*

Proud creator of the Urban Assault Campaign Guides [Resistance] [Ghorkov] [Taerkasten], the Urban Assault LDF Reader, and the Excel maps

Slyboots
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Slyboots » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:19 pm

so would it be this one then

KNUDDEL
Die gute alte Milchtüte, ein Mini-Gleiter, aber mit Hubi-Flugmodell.

energy = 5000
shield = 65
mass = 400
force = 9000 ; 9000
maxrot = 1.3

and to fix it I change to maxrot to 5 yes? ill be trying this now let you know if it works ill be able to change it back easy enough I think

Ok yes this seems to be working I just wonder why the helicopter patch leaves some helicopters out like this mabey I got an old version

Imricdaelf
Fox
Fox

Post by Imricdaelf » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:11 pm

the patch does not fix every helicopter unit.

the patch is for the units that *usually* are the problem, however sometimes other units need to be fixed as well, and that is when we manually change the ones that dont work.

i gave up on fixing only the broken ones, so i just changed all of them.