Nothing but Rhinos

"The Resistance needs you..."
Nothing But Leonids
Weasel
Weasel

Nothing but Rhinos

Postby Nothing But Leonids » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Nothing but Rhinos, who has done it. It is expensive, but fun. Some of my rhinos accidently destroyed a host station after missing a plane. Quite an hillarious coincidence. Anyone else of similar stories.

Also here is another bit of knowledge.

Create a rhino.
Get your host station as low in energy as possible.
Man the rhino and make sure you are 4 sectors away, then shoot at your host station.
After you fire the missile, press F4 to jump into your host station and watch as the missiles pass right through.

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: Nothing but Rhinos

Postby Alfa » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:39 pm

Rhinos are garbage.

Straight.

Nothing But Leonids
Weasel
Weasel

Postby Nothing But Leonids » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:49 pm

Alfa wrote:Rhinos are garbage.

Straight.

the only thing good about them is their long range and powerful missile, however, it is always fun to mass them and see what they can do. 1 hit almost anything.

john1352
Ghargoil 3
Ghargoil 3

Postby john1352 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:26 am

Rhinos do 340 damage each second on average (with user), falcons do 300. They can both hit a host station from out of range, the falcon is 1/3 of the cost , faster, has more armour, has guided weapons, has a machine gun, can fly over cliffs and can dodge most flak. The falcon is better in all ways.

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Postby Alfa » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:02 pm

As I said, Rhinos are garbage.

Gyiyg
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Postby Gyiyg » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:08 pm

Nothing But Leonids wrote:Man the rhino and make sure you are 4 sectors away, then shoot at your host station.
After you fire the missile, press F4 to jump into your host station and watch as the missiles pass right through.

that would be the "anti-friendly fire" code in urban assault.. to bad it doesn't work if YOU CONTROL THAT UNIT.... i keep destroying my own people because they fly into my way all the time.
Just can't wait to fill you so full of psychically charged death...

Nothing But Leonids
Weasel
Weasel

Postby Nothing But Leonids » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:02 am

Gyiyg wrote:
Nothing But Leonids wrote:Man the rhino and make sure you are 4 sectors away, then shoot at your host station.

that would be the "anti-friendly fire" code in urban assault.. to bad it doesn't work if YOU CONTROL THAT UNIT.... i keep destroying my own people because they fly into my way all the time.

Yes, one of my pet peeves is i got the target in my line of fire then an ally unit comes right in front of me.

Circle
Firefly
Firefly

Postby Circle » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:52 pm

It doesn't matter if they both can out range the Host Station, it is by how much each one can. Think of it like this... would I rather sit in my cozy campy hole and launch rockets into your poor face, or would I want to fly around hopelessly trying to dodge your units which harassing me while trying to gun down a HostStation?

Due to the Rhino's reload time, I can jump back into my Host Station, spam some units and then jump back all in enough time to fire another rocket where as you would have to micro your falcon wasting precious energy.

The falcon tries to occupy more then one niche, whereas the Rhino specializes in long range combat and excels at what it does.

Here is my commenting on your quote:
john1352 wrote:Rhinos do 340 damage each second on average (with user), falcons do 300 (without user, it will die because of the brilliant AI + don't forget that it needs time to turn around or reorient it self unless it wants to fly into the hoststation). They can both hit a host station from out of range (yeah, but its fire won't be constant and it will have to weave in and out of projectiles), the falcon is 1/3 of the cost , faster (oh.. needs more distance to travel), has more armour (it is going to need it), has guided weapons (which can cause the missiles to not hit the host station esp when you're dodging), has a machine gun(well, as soon as I start using them o darn the hoststation is killing me), can fly over cliffs(woot wasting more travel time due to my lack of range), can dodge most flak (if I get hit by one i'm screwed -> esp those with knockback), and has alot less splash and range. The falcon is better in most ways (like anti-air or harassing heavy tanks, yet the Rhino is better vs anti-host station).

Alfa
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Postby Alfa » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:05 pm

Personally I don't see ANYTHING interesting in shooting rockets to the dark and then suddenly seeing something blow up.

Rhinos are garbage.

Go back to your campsite, camper.

Circle
Firefly
Firefly

Postby Circle » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:28 pm

Just because you don't find the tactic that it carries forth interesting doesn't mean you can call it "garbage".

Unless you are willing to elaborate on why they are "garbage" despite the lack of interest that their method of attacking causes you to have?

Return to “Resistance”