worst multi-use vehicle

"The Resistance needs you..."
Mr. Matt
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Re: worst multi-use vehicle

Post by Mr. Matt » Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Marauders, like most bombers, beat heavy tanks to death, but struggle with much else. Still, when you need an AI-controlled defence against Leonids, a huge Marauder squadron does the job admirably (with Falcon support, at least).

Zarkkko
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Zarkkko » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:16 am

Dragon fly. its good in destroying hosts and tanks but when u try to get more of dragon flys with you they are stil staying at the host station and trying to control them is the same...

garry's waffle
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by garry's waffle » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:28 am

Zarkkko wrote:Dragon fly. its good in destroying hosts and tanks but when u try to get more of dragon flys with you they are stil staying at the host station and trying to control them is the same...
Download a helicopter patch.

Zarkkko
Firefly
Firefly

Post by Zarkkko » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:45 am

i do have heli ptach but it works only at metropolis dawn not on normal gameplay

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Mr. Matt wrote:Marauders, like most bombers, beat heavy tanks to death, but struggle with much else. Still, when you need an AI-controlled defence against Leonids, a huge Marauder squadron does the job admirably (with Falcon support, at least).
That's true, bombers are somewhat useful for defence in AI-control as UA helicopter AI is really bad. I still like Mnosjetzes more because of their armor. You can use them to attack the enemy base as they can stand much longer than Marauders which are too vulnerable against anti-air fire. Mnosjetz isn't even significantly slower than Marauder even though its design is almost 100 years older.
Zarkko wrote:i do have heli ptach but it works only at metropolis dawn not on normal gameplay
You must also install the patch for original UA. Download and extract it, then copy the two scripts to \DATA\SCRIPTS folder in your UA folder. You can also fix the helicopters manually. See this thread for help:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=207
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

deetex
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by deetex » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:51 am

In my opinion, the Hornet is the worst resistance vehicle... followed up by the Jaguar.

First of all, the Hornet is slow as constipated crap through a coffee filter, and steers like a cow... it's missiles, damaging though they might be, are to dang slow and can't go very far, most often I'll just have to sit there and stare as the warhead TRIES and fails to catch up to an Eisenhans, only to suddenly faceplant in the pavement.
WHen looking at armorwise, my preference goes out to the lawnmower... when talking damage, I'll take a wasp anyday.

Now, why I think the Jag can stay stuffed in my capacitors... I use Wasps to take out tanks, and Tigers to take out Hosts... why would I need a middle-cost vehicle that gets out-ranged and out-run by the former two?

P.S. gonna apply the helipatch tonight, firefly-chaff is only as good as the quantity that actually GETS to where I need it...

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:07 pm

deetex wrote: First of all, the Hornet is slow as constipated crap through a coffee filter, and steers like a cow... it's missiles, damaging though they might be, are to dang slow and can't go very far, most often I'll just have to sit there and stare as the warhead TRIES and fails to catch up to an Eisenhans, only to suddenly faceplant in the pavement.
WHen looking at armorwise, my preference goes out to the lawnmower... when talking damage, I'll take a wasp anyday.
Yes, Hornet is unrealistically slow and its missiles are even slower.. They are bad against motherships as it's hard to reach them before you get shot down. But Hornet does reasonable damage especially against tanks and it can take a hit of a Leonid unlike the Wasp. And when you get the double shot upgrage it does 900 units of damage per second in user-control which is more than Quadda does and more than Dragonfly will ever do in user-control. That's why I think they are good for destroying large squads of heavy tanks. In user-control only though, their AI sucks like all helis' AI.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...

garry's waffle
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by garry's waffle » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:20 pm

deetex wrote:In my opinion, the Hornet is the worst resistance vehicle... followed up by the Jaguar.

First of all, the Hornet is slow as constipated crap through a coffee filter, and steers like a cow... it's missiles, damaging though they might be, are to dang slow and can't go very far, most often I'll just have to sit there and stare as the warhead TRIES and fails to catch up to an Eisenhans, only to suddenly faceplant in the pavement.

Now, why I think the Jag can stay stuffed in my capacitors... I use Wasps to take out tanks, and Tigers to take out Hosts... why would I need a middle-cost vehicle that gets out-ranged and out-run by the former two?

P.S. gonna apply the helipatch tonight, firefly-chaff is only as good as the quantity that actually GETS to where I need it...

Nooo, At first, Jaguar can inflict much dmg. one jaguar can inflict 480 dmg when tiger cause 400 dmg. but cost is much cheaper than Tiger and also fast.
Personally, I prefer swarm of jaguar to destroy a host station(without myko station) If i need to devastate anything. Tigers are so slow and they will not
be used except the tactic called Power Station Beaming on enemy base. Jaguars are somewhat good to take out A.I Controlled hetzels, mnosjetz and helis.

Hornet is multi-useable, only disadvantage of it is speed. They can cause much dmg to your leonids than wasp. Because of its slow speed. you have a time to hit leonids while cruisng over their heads so good to use in cockpit of it.

MarcOlle
Bugged Ostwind?
Bugged Ostwind?

Post by MarcOlle » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:39 pm

I don't agree with that, the hornet is a horrible vehicle, but not the worst ...
I only use him to make a passage over the enemy units to my next squad ...

For me, the worst is fox, I don't know why, but the fox is too bad for me, because they are too expensive for low damage... I only usa Fox in the Sulogs Line and in the first part of the game, before the Wasp 2X ...
Trying to do a comeback...
://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd333/pete_kaboom/SulgogarsUB2.png[/img]
________________________________________________________________________________________
Fra6160 at 29/Apr/2009 wrote:In 2011 we'll discover the plasma creation :D
And still we have not discovered the plasma creation...

deetex
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by deetex » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:57 am

[FLAME]
Ormu wrote: when you get the double shot upgrage it does 900 units of damage per second in user-control which is more than Quadda does and more than Dragonfly will ever do in user-control. That's why I think they are good for destroying large squads of heavy tanks. In user-control only though, their AI sucks like all helis' AI.
Doubleshot all fine and dandy, but first point's getting the upgrade, and this is yet to resolve the slow turning and short range issues.

Seriously... the Hornet's low speed does not flatter the missile's dreadful speed and range.
I'll believe right away that it does massive amounts of damage, but I and my playstyle are unable to apply this output where it's needed.

[/FLAME]