Best multi use vehicle

"The Resistance needs you..."
hawlster25
Firefly
Firefly

Re: Best multi use vehicle

Post by hawlster25 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:17 am

When I'm not in the vehicle. Foxes. The only unit in the game with decent survivability, path finding, damage (by numbers) and accuracy when you aren't micromanaging (for resistance) it. My dependency on foxes is probably a side-effect from only playing the trial version for years.

Can't use a war hammer for some reason. Upgrade is mission possible I believe, but don't have the ability to build it.

As far as the most fun to play... probably firefly because it has decent handling and it actually takes skill to take out other units.

Best to play (excluding warhammer) dragonfly or falcon depending on the situation.

garry's waffle
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by garry's waffle » Thu May 27, 2010 3:44 am

hawlster25 wrote:When I'm not in the vehicle. Foxes. The only unit in the game with decent survivability, path finding, damage (by numbers) and accuracy when you aren't micromanaging (for resistance) it. My dependency on foxes is probably a side-effect from only playing the trial version for years.

Can't use a war hammer for some reason. Upgrade is mission possible I believe, but don't have the ability to build it.

As far as the most fun to play... probably firefly because it has decent handling and it actually takes skill to take out other units.

Best to play (excluding warhammer) dragonfly or falcon depending on the situation.

Go back to the Sulgo's Rising mission. you will get it from the NW part of the map which Taerkasten own there.

If you don't destroy enemy station in the mission and just escape, that makes game be uninteresting.

and true. Warhammer is the great!! who could deny it??

Ormu
Turantul 1 (Veteran)
Turantul 1 (Veteran)

Post by Ormu » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:33 am

Warhammers are great for air defence and maintaining air superiority but they aren't real multi-use vehicles. Falcon with double shot is often better against power stations, motherships and tanks.

Wasp is a great vehicle in the early missions. It's pretty fast and the double shot upgrade gives it decent firepower.

However, there's a vehicle that's second to none in terms of versatility: the Bronsteijn. It's really fast, fast enough to dodge most flaks, more maneuverable than any fighter plane and its ion cannon kills most units with a single shot. Tanks and helicopters have no chance against it and in the MD Taerkasten campaign you can even humiliate enemy Warhammers with Bronsteijn if you aim carefully. But like all helicopters, it sucks hard in AI control.

By the way, in Sectlord's Taerkasten mod you will get an improved version of Bronsteijn called Bronstar. It starts with 510 energy, 86% armor (!) and 2x 1000 dmg ion cannons but its armor is later upgraded to 100% (!!) which makes it nearly invulnerable.
Matthew Lever wrote:Take out Ormus as soon as you see them.
UA community Discord channel: https://discord.gg/7H4dFQH
Not all Ormus are mine. When in doubt, please ask...